Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 414 of 470 FirstFirst ... 314364404412413414415416424464 ... LastLast
Results 6,196 to 6,210 of 7044
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    are they though? many of the impoverished already here won't DO many of the same jobs immigrants will to be here....around here that may be working at commercial dairy/poultry operations, southern Cal that's picking produce, even in your neck o' the woods how many non-immigrants are out picking oranges?
    They are picking nuts and fruits and the stuff that's not automatic.

A lot of these menial labor jobs won't exist in 5-15 years. Robots aren't far away from cleaning hotel rooms, someone still needs to make the beds but the general vacuuming and cleaning can be automated.

Flipping burgers, taking orders, lots of repetitive tasks will be automated.

Automated lawn mowing exists, its just a matter of time, still need someone to trim the hedges and the trees.

A lot of vegetable and fruit picking is getting more automated; canneries have moved out of the country.

We are moving into an an age where we need educated workers, preferably educated here and already living here. Better education of the poor to learn trades, auto repair real cooking and baking, lots of technical skills and repair skills will be needed.

The "we need people to do the menial jobs" argument will have less value as the menial jobs go away or the amount of work is reduced so 1 person can do more because a machine is doing more.
    Of course they could all get unionized and paid more with restrictions against automation.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    If you are talking about me……show me where I said that. Let's see the proof.
    You have this strange obsession with making dozens of posts where you "understand" putting Americans in concentration camps based on their racial heritage, saying women can't be good leaders, that Muslim immigrants who become American citizens can never be true Americans, that nobody actually looks at minorities as minorities and it's all made up identity politics (while specifically identifying them as minorities lol), and all sorts of racist garbage and then asking people to tell you why you're racist.

It's not that ****ing hard to think about lol

Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    You have this strange obsession with making dozens of posts where you "understand" putting Americans in concentration camps based on their racial heritage, saying women can't be good leaders, that Muslim immigrants who become American citizens can never be true Americans, that nobody actually looks at minorities as minorities and it's all made up identity politics (while specifically identifying them as minorities lol), and all sorts of racist garbage and then asking people to tell you why you're racist.

This

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    They are picking nuts and fruits and the stuff that's not automatic.

A lot of these menial labor jobs won't exist in 5-15 years. Robots aren't far away from cleaning hotel rooms, someone still needs to make the beds but the general vacuuming and cleaning can be automated.

Flipping burgers, taking orders, lots of repetitive tasks will be automated.

Automated lawn mowing exists, its just a matter of time, still need someone to trim the hedges and the trees.

A lot of vegetable and fruit picking is getting more automated; canneries have moved out of the country.

We are moving into an an age where we need educated workers, preferably educated here and already living here. Better education of the poor to learn trades, auto repair real cooking and baking, lots of technical skills and repair skills will be needed.

The "we need people to do the menial jobs" argument will have less value as the menial jobs go away or the amount of work is reduced so 1 person can do more because a machine is doing more.
    Of course they could all get unionized and paid more with restrictions against automation.
    We've been hearing that many of these jobs will be automated and otherwise eliminated for years now. The progress that HAS happened has eliminated some, repurposed some, and left the rest as they are. There's only so much automation you can do at a dairy facility, a meat packing plant, and a produce operation...and the end result still leaves many of those jobs in the unskilled labor category.

The other part of all this is....we are ALL descended from immigrants. Some just got here earlier than others did. Does that give us more right to be here? Two generations ago NONE of MY family was here....what if the country had the attitude 'we don't want you' when my grandparents wanted to come here to farm? Any idea where this country would be if not for all the immigrants that came in the early 1900s? Most of our grain and livestock farmers are descendents of those immigrants.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    We've been hearing that many of these jobs will be automated and otherwise eliminated for years now. The progress that HAS happened has eliminated some, repurposed some, and left the rest as they are. There's only so much automation you can do at a dairy facility, a meat packing plant, and a produce operation...and the end result still leaves many of those jobs in the unskilled labor category.

The other part of all this is....we are ALL descended from immigrants. Some just got here earlier than others did. Does that give us more right to be here? Two generations ago NONE of MY family was here....what if the country had the attitude 'we don't want you' when my grandparents wanted to come here to farm? Any idea where this country would be if not for all the immigrants that came in the early 1900s? Most of our grain and livestock farmers are descendents of those immigrants.
    As long they can he taken advantage of, there is no need to automate. The big problem with illegal immigration is the people that hire them and there failing business models.

Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post

You have a strange inability on not being able to understant what someone is saying.

Let me help (as if this will work here………

This is what you said……You have this strange obsession with making dozens of posts where you "understand" putting Americans in concentration camps based on their racial heritage

This is what I posted (probably over a year ago)…given the circumstances of the times (80 years ago) it us "understandable" (key work is "understandable") as to why Japanese were placed in internment camps (not concentration camps). I also said that it was wrong when looked back from a perspective 80 years later. You can look that post up. (Well, maybe you can't since you have not shown the ability to do so.)

This is what you said I said……saying women can't be good leaders

This is what I posted (several times……I said I would have voted for Tulsi and Kloby over Trump, I clearly said that. I also said that there are several women in the repub party that I woould support in a run for pres (Hailey, Condi Rice, Noeme). I clearl'y said that. You can look that post up. (Well, maybe you can't since you have not shown the ability to do so.)

This is what you said I said…… that Muslim immigrants who become American citizens can never be true Americans

This is what I posted……I think that there are many Muslims in America that consider themselves Muslims first and Americans second and I do not think that that is a helpful attitude…but they have every right to do so. Some Jewish people seem to have more allegiance to Israel than the US…this is an equally unhelpful attitude. (Just like many Americans were very concerned about JFK's catholicism and his allegiance to the pope being an issue in 1960). I also said that all Muslims are welcome in the US so long as they, like every other immigrant, qualify for admission. I see nothing wrong or prejudicial with that statement.

This is what you said I said…… that nobody actually looks at minorities as minorities and it's all made up identity politics (while specifically identifying them as minorities lol)

I stand by that statement and see nothing wrong by it. For some reason you seem to have a problem with it. I can absolutely assure you that most intelligent adults do not see race, color, creed sexual preference or whatever. People just do not see it until it is thrown in their faces. Constant harping on issues that do not exist in reality, and the constant obsession with feeling slighted and then re-acting to those feelings is throwing it in society's faces. It does more harm than good.

The problem with idiotic and inaccurate posts like yours is that many here have the same inability to review what is in front oif them and take your stupid post as the Bible (oops, can you say "Bible" here?? Never quite sure.)

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    It’s not. You have to start somewhere though. Denying people a better opportunity just because you had a harder time is not only petty. It’s pathetic.
    go ahead and forgive their student loan, while making college/university free. I don't have a problem with that. but then also give something to those that already paid off their student loan. where are there reparations.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    go ahead and forgive their student loan, while making college/university free. I don't have a problem with that. but then also give something to those that already paid off their student loan. where are there reparations.
    They all get a box of smarties. Fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    They all get a box of smarties. Fair?
    no. they should get their money back.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

no. they should get their money back.
    In smarties?

In smarties?
    maybe skittles, and then in case of a leak they can have a little person hanging from the ceiling.

that's how we fix it, that's it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEsqELX5e4o

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Friend of mine's daughter has a masters in Speech Therapy and, supposedly, tons of student loans.

So she gets married and decides to be a stay-at-home mom. And then complains about the student loans.

Something wrong there.

maybe skittles, and then in case of a leak they can have a little person hanging from the ceiling.

that's how we fix it, that's it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEsqELX5e4o
    On a serious note, how do you provide these repirations? Does someone's estate get one? What about inflation? Interest rates?

On a serious note, how do you provide these repirations? Does someone's estate get one? What about inflation? Interest rates?
    how would one come up with reparations for African Americans?

I'm sure it could be worked out, how much they paid and how much they could/should get back.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

how would one come up with reparations for African Americans?

I'm sure it could be worked out, how much they paid and how much they could/should get back.
    What does reparations for African Americans have to do with cancelling student loan debt. They literally have absolutely nothing to do with each other except for you inserting the word "reparations"