Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 412 of 478 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414422462 ... LastLast
Results 6,166 to 6,180 of 7170
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    This is specials shtick. Pretend like hes neutral while obsessively targeting one side and excusing the other.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I'm all for abolishing the death penalty, which is why I first provided something in agreement with AOC.

but it would be bipartisan to agree that the death penalty as it is, is not murder.

here was a Democrat calling the execution of these horrible people murder. based on PSD typical logic this would have to be her defending these convicted horrible people and what they did, which would be idiotic because they hurt innocent people.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    In all seriousness, it is stunning the resentment some of you have towards wealth. Especially as more wealth creates more opportunity.

It is amazing, really.
    I have never met someone whose disdain for the wealthy equals your disdain for the poor and minorities.

I wish we could elevate our conversations in these forums on economics beyond the dumb average voter, and push rhetoric vs rhetoric. These topics are complicated

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I have never met someone whose disdain for the wealthy equals your disdain for the poor and minorities.
    He associates poverty with minorities so it’s pretty easy to see his stance on that.

Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    He associates poverty with minorities so it’s pretty easy to see his stance on that.
    If you are talking about me……show me where I said that. Let's see the proof.

Fir the record and to be clear (like that's going to mean anything here) ……I associate poverty with being poor and not with any particular group. Being poor has no color lines. I'm a whitey and I grew up poor. So what does that mean???

One thing I know about poverty and being poor is that you do not aspire to stay that way. You work to get out of it.

Another thing I know about poverty and being poor is you don't get out of it by getting constant handouts.

Another thing I know about poverty and being poor is that I have never gotten a job (or anything) fro someone who is poor.I have gotten numerous jobs from wealthy people and prosperous corporations

Another thing I know about poverty and being poor (now pay attention to this one) is that it makes no sense to allow others who are already living in poverty and poor into your country to compete with you own people who are already here and living in poverty and are poor.

That's about it for now.

…………

And, as long as you have the floor and know so much……tell us what you are doing for the poverty stricken and poor in your community.

I've talked about student loan debt before.

AOC replied to someone saying this..

BREAKING: Biden’s secretary of education had paused student loan payments and put interest rate at 0%
    AOC said this..

OK now let’s cancel them

this reply is what I have talked about before, how is that fair to people like this..

https://twitter.com/nicolekanderson/...92741077852160

AOC please that’s not fair. I had to pay for my 4 year college education years ago. It taught me the value of money and how to be responsible. Cancelling all debt just doesn’t seem fair

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

AOC said this..

this reply is what I have talked about before, how is that fair to people like this..

As soon as student loan debt is forgiven, the progressives will start on forgiving credit card debt. After all, what is more predatory than credit card debt???

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

AOC said this..

It’s not. You have to start somewhere though. Denying people a better opportunity just because you had a harder time is not only petty. It’s pathetic.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Waves hand vigorously from the back row.

Though technically you have never met me.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Believe me, he had a lot of help getting there. Blaming the victim, the fear of the other, tribalism are all tools used to manufacture this mindset. As long as we are fighting each other, we aren't fighting those who cause our problems.

The poor and multiculturalism are the problem, not those who shipped our manufacturing sector to China or lie us into wars or their political gains.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-21-2021 at 02:27 PM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Believe me, he had a lot of help getting there. Blaming the victim, the fear of the other, tribalism are all tools used to manufacture this mindset. As long as we are fighting each other, we aren't fighting those who cause our problems. The poor and multiculturalism are the problem, not those who shipped our manufacturing sector to China or lie us into wars.
    There's always an excuse for someone's problems……except the mirror.

There's always an excuse for someone's problems……except the mirror.
    Sorry for making excuses for why your think the way you do. I won't do it again.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Another thing I know about poverty and being poor (now pay attention to this one) is that it makes no sense to allow others who are already living in poverty and poor into your country to compete with you own people who are already here and living in poverty and are poor.
    are they though? many of the impoverished already here won't DO many of the same jobs immigrants will to be here....around here that may be working at commercial dairy/poultry operations, southern Cal that's picking produce, even in your neck o' the woods how many non-immigrants are out picking oranges?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    are they though? many of the impoverished already here won't DO many of the same jobs immigrants will to be here....around here that may be working at commercial dairy/poultry operations, southern Cal that's picking produce, even in your neck o' the woods how many non-immigrants are out picking oranges?
    Bolded……should have said strawberries.

But more to the point……

Here's the buzzword………

"Americans just won't do those jobs." Which is probably true so long as you pay them for doing nothing. How about telling them "here are the jobs, do them or no free stuff"?

Nah…can't do that.

So we take in the people that will do this jobs and pay them…and they also get: free stuff, go to our schools (free, more costs), need healthcare (free, more costs), public housing (more costs).

Point is is that Americans will do the jobs they need to do to survive…so long as they need them to survive.

Bottom line with all those people marching our way because they all want to live in America (ever notice how many of their home country's flags they are always waving??? Just an observation.)

We just don't need them and they are a huge expense. They are not coming here because they want to be in America. They are coming here because they don't want to be there (wherever "there" is). And the real bottom lie is is that their birth country has failed them, not the US. So why would we take on the burden???

And the question still stands……if your neighbor knocks on your door and ask you for food and $$$ since they are having a hard time…do you give it to them??? And if so, when word gets out that you did, do you give to the next neighbor who comes along???