Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

New look Raptors

Kawhi on the Raptors is just a bad move considering Kawhi ain't even want to play in Toronto he don't want to be there and honestly he will leave come summer of 2019 anyway so why trade away your franchise player for a rental? Make no damn world of sense, it ain't make no sense!!! Would have traded Lowry, Ibaka, Powell and a draft pick to get Kawhi and form a new dynamic duo with DeRozan and Kawhi or I wouldn't have even gambled on Kawhi. I would have rather they go after another superstar caliber player not named Kawhi.

Even with Kawhi; it still be a gamble because y'all don't know what kind of player you gettin because remember Kawhi is comin off an injury so he may not be the same great superstar he once was.

Plus as soon as Kawhi leaves then where does that leave y'all? Leaves y'all in a rebuild and tank mode

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Plus as soon as Kawhi leaves then where does that leave y'all?
    Same position as before

/end thread

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Kawhi on the Raptors is just a bad move considering Kawhi ain't even want to play in Toronto he don't want to be there and honestly he will leave come summer of 2019 anyway so why trade away your franchise player for a rental? Make no damn world of sense, it ain't make no sense!!! Would have traded Lowry, Ibaka, Powell and a draft pick to get Kawhi and form a new dynamic duo with DeRozan and Kawhi or I wouldn't have even gambled on Kawhi. I would have rather they go after another superstar caliber player not named Kawhi.

Even with Kawhi; it still be a gamble because y'all don't know what kind of player you gettin because remember Kawhi is comin off an injury so he may not be the same great superstar he once was.

Plus as soon as Kawhi leaves then where does that leave y'all? Leaves y'all in a rebuild and tank mode
    That depends, has kawhi regressed to the point where derozen is the better player? No, then you get the guy who can literally transform your team's defense and play both as a creator or system guy offensively. That is the kind of versatility that makes yall the favorites in the east bar none. All you need is Lowry healthy to finish and some growth from their youngsters. Wish they kept their coach

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    That depends, has kawhi regressed to the point where derozen is the better player? No, then you get the guy who can literally transform your team's defense and play both as a creator or system guy offensively. That is the kind of versatility that makes yall the favorites in the east bar none. All you need is Lowry healthy to finish and some growth from their youngsters. Wish they kept their coach
    Dont say y'all. He is the opposite of one of us.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Kawhi ain't even gon play...watch him sit out

Kawhi ain't even gon play...watch him sit out
    If he sits out, he never joins another team. Ever. Raptors hold his rights indefinitely.

Tg11 is my favorite Celtics fan on here.
    Believe the hype. The Baker has come.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    If he sits out, he never joins another team. Ever. Raptors hold his rights indefinitely.
    He should sit out then

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Tg11 is my favorite Celtics fan on here.
    Love dat I am and dat ain't no problem dat ain't no problem

Hard to build chemistry with a player who don’t want to be there and is staying quite.

Just wait for Leonard to say “Pop does it this way” at practice and during games.

We talked about this in the thread that you posted before they started making moves. The Raptors now and the Raptors before were basically set to go all in for one more year, then go into rebuild anyways. So they decided to gamble and get Kawhi.

Tell me, do you think that the Raptors roster as it was before the trade, could take out your team, the Boston Celtics? I think about 95% of people on this forum would say absolutely not. If Kawhi plays to the level that he used to be, while the Raptors would still be underdog to the Celtics, they would have a better shot at taking them down as he is likely the best player in the Eastern Conference (maybe Embiid can challenge him). Also, what if Hayward/Irving don't come back how they used to be? Then the tables might get a little closer even.

From a basketball perspective it was a good trade, the issue is how the trade went about. The Spurs want who they see as the best player on the roster as well as youth and a pick; nobody wants either Ibaka or Powell after last season, they're just bad contracts at this point Going off Derozans words, if Ujiri gave him assurance that he's safe, then dealt him out, then Ujiri is a snake. and if this blows up in his face, he'll probably not be around for the rebuild cause he's drawn the ire of a ton of Raptor fans for how he handled this trade (as you probably see as your location suggests ).

The true affects the the Raptor fanbase will probably be seen at the end of the year. If the Raptors can't get at least to the conference finals, and Kawhi leaves/plays like *ss, I can see much of the fanbase leaving since the associated Demar with the teams identity, and not getting farther dealing him out will probably damage this franchise from years to come.

If Kawhi plays well (he's inclined to regardless of whether he stays or goes, as teams won't give him a big contract if he's playing half-*ssed )and decides to resign however (hey, Paul George wanted to go to LA too, so sometimes people change their minds) , then the team could probably build around him, as many of those long contracts (Lowry/Ibaka/Vanvleet) come off the books after in 2020 or become expirings, so if he resigns for the max (if he stays), then they'll have 2-3 years with him, and cap space to build around. And hey, what happens if Irving decides to leave Boston after this season? I mean I doubt it , but that rumor is out there.

I swear, each FA period just gets crazier every season
    Last edited by Cal827; 08-09-2018 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Well Kawhi want dat max money he want dat super max type deal so can Masai give him that?

Yes.

It really up to Kawhi but he said he's open to playin here but even dat don't mean much but I say in a playoff series my Celtics we got the Raptors any or all ways we win it in 6....yeah not even 7 but 6

Can't wait to beat the Celtics.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast