Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1095

Thread: Mvp?

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I just feel like he spent a lot of energy on something that really isn't a big deal. Clearly nobody else gave a ****. It's just a dumb vote.
    We have 1080 posts about NL MVP lol.

It's just a dumb vote, but it's a baseball discussion forum that generated over 1000 posts about that very topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post

It's just a dumb vote, but it's a baseball discussion forum that generated over 1000 posts about that very topic.
    Does anybody care who got 2nd in a vote that was nearly unanimous? Yelich deserved to win. Yelich won by a lot. Maybe Iím in the minority, but I canít imagine caring at all who got downballot votes for an award that was won easily by the guy who most deserved it.

Yeah but once the vote came out, the general interest all but disappeared

Cub fans saying let it go while for 2+ months couldnít stop talking about Baez for MVP is quite funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cubs fans conceded 2+ months ago that Baez had no chance and they, let it go. The last month was just a cute little manage a trois between you guys every time the gap widened.

The voting still went exactly as Cubs fans said it would.

That's not really true at all.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Lol

There was an explicit circle jerk all throughout September as Yelich buried Baez. You guys were even updating us when Baez made an error or was caught stealing. No Cubs fan has mentioned Baez as MVP since August.

Lol

There was an explicit circle jerk all throughout September as Yelich buried Baez. You guys were even updating us when Baez made an error or was caught stealing. No Cubs fan has mentioned Baez as MVP since August.
    If by "circle jerk", you mean on topic updates to this thread that were not particularly pro-Baez, then sure: I completely agree with you on that part of your reply.

However, you are quite wrong with your claim of "no Cubs fan mentioning Baez as MVP since August". Not sure why you're trying to make blanket claims for all Cubs fans; maybe just speak for yourself. I'm pretty sure you were much more measured in your thoughts on the NL MVP race than some of your fellow fans.

Absolutely not trying to **** with you, but it seems like you're still pushed out of shape about how some posters dared speaking about your boy Baez. Maybe you should take your own advice on the "let it go" tip.

I mean in case you forgot: this thread wasn't even started until a week in to August.

^^^^^^^^^^

Agree in principle .. but there was one or two Cubs fans who behaved as poorly as spliff has .. but perhaps spliff instigitated that too.
    Last edited by Tigrrfan; 11-18-2018 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Inserted quote

I mean this is pointless if the discussions is about if we should even be discussing it.

Wolf, do you think Baez deserved second?

Or is that a meritless discussion?

I mean this is pointless if the discussions is about if we should even be discussing it.
    I enjoyed the baseball posts in this discussion ..even those who supported Baez for MVP. I expect a team's fans to support their own local players. I found it a bit difficult to understand those here (especially spliff) who repeatedly mocked, ridicule, baited, and/or inflamed Cub fans for their natural tendency to support Baez.

Yelich had a monster September .. and when September began, NOBODY (except some Brewer fans) expected the Brewers would catch the Cubs and win the division. But they did! And had Yelich not been as awesome as he was ..that probably would not have happened. Shades of Carl Yastrzemski in September 1967.

deGrom had a terrific season too. Too bad the Mets were so terrible in games he started.

One thing for sure .. all those in this thread who actually discussed the player(s) of their choice .. truly assisted others in getting to know more about those players than they otherwise might not have. That is good for baseball.

No, he didn't. I think it's a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigrrfan View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^

Agree in principle .. but there was one or two Cubs fans who behaved as poorly as spliff has .. but perhaps spliff instigitated that too.
    Oh, brother. Pardon me for speaking my unbiased opinion and taking those to task that were constantly spouting biased nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigrrfan View Post
    I enjoyed the baseball posts in this discussion ..even those who supported Baez for MVP. I expect a team's fans to support their own local players. I found it a bit difficult to understand those here (especially spliff) who repeatedly mocked, ridicule, baited, and/or inflamed Cub fans for their natural tendency to support Baez.
    Welcome to the fan club. Your membership card and complimentary box of Kleenex should be arriving at your home address within 2-4 weeks.

Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273