Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Fiers Gone

Fiers Gone

Traded to Oakland finally for two players to be named or cash consideration????? WT heck does that mean??? Nothing worse than cash consideration. Why not international money? Obviously Avila hasn't figured the game out. Big name teams are getting international money to spend and Avila is just taking cash? What a joke. If he gets two prospects, I'll lighten up but otherwise, hammer down on him.

Fiers is gone and the organization somehow benefits. I'm okay with that.

This team should be thinking 2 years out+ Fiers should not be around in 2020.

Pittsburgh traded for a SS worse than Iglesias today. Adeiny Hechavarria went for a low level prospect.

Better than TB getting nothing at all though when his contract expires.

I THINK cash considerations is often put in as a formality in some deals. if you heard Al Al talk about this trade, it sounds pretty much like he is planning on 2 players so I am pleased with this deal. I don't expect any upper tier talent but if we can get a top 20 guy (Think Ramirez, Shore) and maybe a later guy (Like Dunshee) that is a win.

At this stage, anyone with ANY sort of potential is a nice get for Fiers.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Pittsburgh traded for a SS worse than Iglesias today. Adeiny Hechavarria went for a low level prospect.

Better than TB getting nothing at all though when his contract expires.
    One would think. Pay the man or trade the man. Considering the lack of interest in shortstops, we may be able to sign him for reasonable price which I am good with.

Glad to hear.

Now the cynical side: I'll assume we got jipped until proven otherwise

sports.

I'd like to turn in my list to Avila. Get me two of these guys:

One off this list:
    Eli White, INF (AA) ranked #19
    Tyler Ramirez, OF (AA) ranked #20
    Wyatt Marks, RHP (A+) ranked #26
    Parker Dunshee, RHP (AA) ranked #27

One off this list:
    Dairon Blanco, OF (A+) not ranked- 25 year old Cuban FA signee by A's
    Miguel Romero, RP (AA) not ranked 24 year old Cuban FA signee by A's
    Mickey McDonald, OF (A+) not ranked 23 year old (good wheels)
    Richie Martin, INF (AA) not ranked 23 year old (good glove, good bat)

Anyone think AA was smart enough to throw a clause in that if Fiers meets certain performance items we get some better prospects added to the list?

Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    Anyone think AA was smart enough to throw a clause in that if Fiers meets certain performance items we get some better prospects added to the list?
    Of course.

It was nice to see Fiers have a good game though.

Struck out 8 of the first 12 he faced.

had no idea we already grabbed our first PTBNL like 2 weeks ago

Nolan Blackwood, sidearm RHP, top 30 prospect for them entering the season and having a really nice year, he's 23 and holding his own in AA ball

It’s not hard to see what they like about him. Blackwood’s funky delivery is more than just a novelty, especially when paired with relatively normal stuff — sidearmers are usually using deception to mask a weak arsenal, but he can dial up to 93 mph on his fastball. Opponents put the ball on the ground 68.6% of the time against him last year, which is about as high of a rate as you’ll see in baseball outside of Zach Britton and fellow funkster Brad Ziegler. Even in the famously hitter-friendly Cal League he only gave up two dingers all year.
    sounds like a solid get, I wonder who else we pick up (or settle for cash, ugh)