Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    313
    This isnít a rash thought been thinking about it all season. Could and Should this be the last season of Kimbrel. It has nothing to do with his rough stretch as of late. It has more to do with age and money. Do we really want to pay 4yrs of 13-16 million a year for a closers 31-35 seasons. Especially with how strapped we are right now. Mookie& Bogey coming up soon. Iím mixed on Sale right now. Unless he is willing to restructure next yrs club option into a 3-4 yr extension for around 20-24 million a year I almost think letting him walk isnít a terrible idea. What about trading for Addison Reed. He proved he can pitch here. He would help us this year and could slide into the closers roll next year for I think itís like 7.5 or 8.5 million next year. Allowing us to let kimbrel walk. Thoughts?

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxtober040713 View Post
    This isnít a rash thought been thinking about it all season. Could and Should this be the last season of Kimbrel. It has nothing to do with his rough stretch as of late. It has more to do with age and money. Do we really want to pay 4yrs of 13-16 million a year for a closers 31-35 seasons. Especially with how strapped we are right now. Mookie& Bogey coming up soon. Iím mixed on Sale right now. Unless he is willing to restructure next yrs club option into a 3-4 yr extension for around 20-24 million a year I almost think letting him walk isnít a terrible idea. What about trading for Addison Reed. He proved he can pitch here. He would help us this year and could slide into the closers roll next year for I think itís like 7.5 or 8.5 million next year. Allowing us to let kimbrel walk. Thoughts?
    I remember him. Not sure why we didn't re-sign him. Because we don't have alot of prospects to get someone like Iglesias from the Reds, I think the Redsox are going to try to re-sign Kimbrell. And no we are not going to let Sale walk. He's been lights out for us since coming here. And highly doubt he will reconstruct his contract.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NB MA
    Posts
    10,666
    They always seem to do this be up by 4 or 5 runs with 1 Or 2 innings left
    and let the other team catch up.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    They always seem to do this be up by 4 or 5 runs with 1 Or 2 innings left
    and let the other team catch up.
    They always seem to do this? Theyíre 81-34.

    You understand that sports come with both wins and losses right? They come with comebacks, struggles, letdowns, etc.

    If the better team won 100% of the time, sports wouldnít exist because that would be too boring. You seem to be very reactionary to even the smallest things, like the other team scoring a run or two. Sit back and enjoy this team, it doesnít come around often.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    313
    Back to back years with arm issues for Sale. His delivery has always been one to keep an eye on in regard to Injury. So another 7 year 220+ million dollar investment in a pitchers age 31-38 season interests you? Sounds like another starter we are firmiliar with oh right David Price. When everyone in here is complaining about him and his deal & Hoping he opts out at years end. Now my Kimbrel and Sale takes are mute if they are both completely dominate in the post season. Donít get me wrong I love Sale. I even still hold out hope for Price but the financial shape we are in right now mixed with the state of our farm system we are flirting with disaster. Aside from the Yankees and the Astros the American League is putrid so playoffs wonít be out of the question but do we want to be a 200+ million payroll team who gets ousted in the Wild card or ALDS for the next 5 years basically doing to Mookie what the Angels have done to Trout. Iíd much rather cut bait. Get the payroll right build up the farm for 3 years and give it a 10 year run. But again Mute point if we win it all this year.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxtober040713 View Post
    This isnít a rash thought been thinking about it all season. Could and Should this be the last season of Kimbrel. It has nothing to do with his rough stretch as of late. It has more to do with age and money. Do we really want to pay 4yrs of 13-16 million a year for a closers 31-35 seasons. Especially with how strapped we are right now. Mookie& Bogey coming up soon. Iím mixed on Sale right now. Unless he is willing to restructure next yrs club option into a 3-4 yr extension for around 20-24 million a year I almost think letting him walk isnít a terrible idea. What about trading for Addison Reed. He proved he can pitch here. He would help us this year and could slide into the closers roll next year for I think itís like 7.5 or 8.5 million next year. Allowing us to let kimbrel walk. Thoughts?
    Don't worry, Durbin Feltman will probably be called up in September and be our 8th inning guy, and eventually take over as our future closer. Kid is nasty and he's lighting up the minors right now
    Perfect combos, Ghost bang out condos
    Jeff from Hamo, ex three bangos
    Bancos, stank hoes in plain clothes
    Change those, bang those, same old, same old

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    17,803
    Kimbrel, for his career, has performed worse with 3 or more days of rest and that's really been magnified this year.
    It's often taken him a few games of regular use to get back on track. His last seven appearances have come with 4, 2, 3, 1, 5 and 2 days rest respectively. I'm not surprised that he's not been great lately.
    Last edited by RedSoxtober; 08-09-2018 at 02:09 PM.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    397
    Brock Holt 1st half OPS: .748
    Brock Holt 2nd half OPS: .336

    Small sample in the 2nd half so far, but a little worrisome.

  9. #24
    Porcello is incredibly inconsistent. Goes from a complete game shutout to 7 ers haha

  10. 08-09-2018, 08:58 PM
    Reason
    Baiting

  11. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,284
    Good Betts hit the Cycle first for the 2018. Bad Porcello just didn't have it tonight. Hopefully he can bounce back not worried 1 bit. Another good is Drew is in the bullpen and Johnson takes over.

  12. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NB MA
    Posts
    10,666
    Ok why was my Rick Porcello post deleted? The guy really does suck so does Pomegranate or however you spell his last name.
    Last edited by BSF101; 08-09-2018 at 10:32 PM.

  13. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NB MA
    Posts
    10,666
    Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    They always seem to do this? Theyíre 81-34.

    You understand that sports come with both wins and losses right? They come with comebacks, struggles, letdowns, etc.

    If the better team won 100% of the time, sports wouldnít exist because that would be too boring. You seem to be very reactionary to even the smallest things, like the other team scoring a run or two. Sit back and enjoy this team, it doesnít come around often.
    I never said this team was bad just asking why they seem to let
    other teams catch up after being up by 4,5,6+ runs when thereís only 1 or 2 innings.

  14. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,702
    Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    Brock Holt 1st half OPS: .748
    Brock Holt 2nd half OPS: .336

    Small sample in the 2nd half so far, but a little worrisome.
    I'm not worried because he won't even be playing in a week. He shouldn't be playing anyways, he's just like the team cheerleader. He will be behind Nunez on the depth chart when Kinsler is back. The full lineup will be tough when everyone is healthy. Betts, Benny, Moreland, JD, Xander, Kinsler, Devers, JBJ, Leon.....solid right there
    Perfect combos, Ghost bang out condos
    Jeff from Hamo, ex three bangos
    Bancos, stank hoes in plain clothes
    Change those, bang those, same old, same old

  15. #29
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I never said this team was bad just asking why they seem to let
    other teams catch up after being up by 4,5,6+ runs when thereís only 1 or 2 innings.
    First off, they donít do that often.
    Second, every team in the league does that once in a while.
    Last edited by ZH721; 08-11-2018 at 02:14 PM.

  16. #30
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    Brock Holt 1st half OPS: .748
    Brock Holt 2nd half OPS: .336

    Small sample in the 2nd half so far, but a little worrisome.
    Okay Brock, I see you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •