Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    What i don't understand is why hembree still in the bullpen? He sucks. Tired of cora leaving the pitchers in too long. He consistently does that

The umpire had a lot to do with Porcelloís poor start. He likes to work in the lower part of the zone and when the umpire is giving him that part of the zone he is lights out. When he is getting squeezed which he was than he is forced to bring the ball up which makes him extremly hittable. Brock is the definition of a club house guy. His defense is basically putrid. His offense is non existent except for the sporadic game like tonight. But he is the first guy up routing for and keeping the team in the game mentally. He is the never say die on this team. Iím beginning to get extremly worried about this pitching staff. You arnt gonna see 19-10 wins come October. We need to do something via the non waiver deadline to force hembree into a mop up role. To force brazier back to AAA where he belongs. And to solidify the 8th inning. Our starters should be able to go 5. Kelly situationally in the 6th. Barnes In the 7th. The black hole we need to fill in the 8th. Kimbrel in the 9th on short rest. We need to start getting him innings in non save situations but late in games to keep him fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxtober040713 View Post
    The umpire had a lot to do with Porcelloís poor start. He likes to work in the lower part of the zone and when the umpire is giving him that part of the zone he is lights out. When he is getting squeezed which he was than he is forced to bring the ball up which makes him extremly hittable. Brock is the definition of a club house guy. His defense is basically putrid. His offense is non existent except for the sporadic game like tonight. But he is the first guy up routing for and keeping the team in the game mentally. He is the never say die on this team. Iím beginning to get extremly worried about this pitching staff. You arnt gonna see 19-10 wins come October. We need to do something via the non waiver deadline to force hembree into a mop up role. To force brazier back to AAA where he belongs. And to solidify the 8th inning. Our starters should be able to go 5. Kelly situationally in the 6th. Barnes In the 7th. The black hole we need to fill in the 8th. Kimbrel in the 9th on short rest. We need to start getting him innings in non save situations but late in games to keep him fresh.
    I agree except it doesn't make sense to keep hembree but demote brazier who's basically our best bullpen arm right now

I was basing it off of options. Iím not firmiliar with Hembreís options remaining where as I know brazier has some. He will be here in 2019 full time as well as Feltmen. Big question mark is what we should do with Kelly next year. I think he will get overpaid by a marlins or padres type team.

I was basing it off of options. Iím not firmiliar with Hembreís options remaining where as I know brazier has some. He will be here in 2019 full time as well as Feltmen. Big question mark is what we should do with Kelly next year. I think he will get overpaid by a marlins or padres type team.
    That makes sense but with the roster expanding in September they won't have to worry about sending him back.

We ought to let kelly and hembree go and stick with brasier, feltman, then sign a starter in the offseason and put johnson in the bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Ok why was my Rick Porcello post deleted? The guy really does suck so does Pomegranate or however you spell his last name.
    Why didn't you post that after his 1-hit complete game against NYY on only 86 pitches? I get that you don't like Porcello but it's a bit ridiculous that you only acknowledge his bad starts. You seem to look for him to fail and take joy in it.

If you care to consider the whole picture, he's had 16/24 quality starts this year while compiling a 14-5, 4.17ERA line in the AL East. Against the two biggest WS threats (NYY, HOU), he's compiled a 2.30ERA in 27.1IP/4GS. He has had mixed results at Fenway, missing bats more than on the road (.232/.284 vs .253/.313) but giving up more HR (11/69IP vs 7/75IP) with the result that he's 6-3, 4.57ERA vs 8-2, 3.81ERA overall.

All told, he looks like an ideal #3 guy for the playoff rotation with an ability to shut down an opposing lineup on the road in 2018. That's pretty valuable if you want to win a WS this year.

This isnít a rash thought been thinking about it all season. Could and Should this be the last season of Kimbrel. It has nothing to do with his rough stretch as of late. It has more to do with age and money. Do we really want to pay 4yrs of 13-16 million a year for a closers 31-35 seasons. Especially with how strapped we are right now. Mookie& Bogey coming up soon. Iím mixed on Sale right now. Unless he is willing to restructure next yrs club option into a 3-4 yr extension for around 20-24 million a year I almost think letting him walk isnít a terrible idea. What about trading for Addison Reed. He proved he can pitch here. He would help us this year and could slide into the closers roll next year for I think itís like 7.5 or 8.5 million next year. Allowing us to let kimbrel walk. Thoughts?
    Not to pick on you, but could hit enter/return every once in a while? You're posts are hard to read because they're all jammed together and, honestly, you change directions without any notice. It's just hard to track and I find myself skipping over stuff that you say just because it's so hard to follow (although the content is often good).

Kimbrel: Yeah, I see this guy leaving unless he's willing to take a big home team discount. The market for closer's has reached ridiculous levels. The top three just signed contracts in the $17M-20M range all for pitchers 30+. I would not want to put 10% of payroll into a closer.

Sale: I like Sale as a player, competitor, and teammate. I'd like to keep him around. Renegotiating the option makes sense but I don't think that the payroll structure will allow it unless if Price is still with the team.

Bogey: As I said elsewhere, he's the "B" that I'd most likely let walk. I'm starting to wonder if his power will ever really develop. 2018 could be the year that he actually proves that he's not a first-half only player... but he's not off to a great second half (.231/.338/.385). Good player, but, again, not where I'd put money if I were making the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    Brock Holt 1st half OPS: .748
    Brock Holt 2nd half OPS: .336

Small sample in the 2nd half so far, but a little worrisome.
    He's exposed as an everyday player. That said, his second half is heavily affected by his post-ASG July (.186/.286/.256) but he's gotten into a better groove over the last week (.280/.357/.400). Hopefully Brandon Phillips or some other 2B option is available soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I never said this team was bad just asking why they seem to let
    other teams catch up after being up by 4,5,6+ runs when thereís only 1 or 2 innings.
    It's not completely uncommon. RP can be adrenaline junkies and a big lead often results in poor focus. We need more guys going 6+ so the BP can rest a bit; I was surprised they cut Sale so short given the amount of work the BP had done lately.

I've never really been a Hembree fan. To his credit, he's done a very good job with inherited runners (5/28 scored). I think that, ideally, you use him for a couple of batters to get a strikeout to end an inning.

Quote Originally Posted by bosox1899 View Post
    That makes sense but with the roster expanding in September they won't have to worry about sending him back.

We ought to let kelly and hembree go and stick with brasier, feltman, then sign a starter in the offseason and put johnson in the bullpen.
    Feltman was just drafted and thrown a total of 14 innings of professional baseball. The k-rates are great but they've primarily come against guys in a similar position. We might want to see some success above A-ball before we get too excited.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123