Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    108

    Forum has changed for the worse...

    i been checking other knick forum websites and i find them a lot easier to read and find info than here. This forum is full of fans who can't seem to agree to disagree without hurling personal insults at each other. Its a shame because when I first joined many years ago I loved this forum and the debates were done in a classy manner and I felt like I learned alot from reading both viewpoints. Nowadays its a **** measuring contest with language belonging in 4chan. Ppl insult the intelligence of the user rather than debating the topic and bringing valid research and observations. I suppose this is a sign of the times we live in.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,520
    Were Knicks fans we have PDSD (post Dolan stress disorder)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    19,627
    Quote Originally Posted by madmoochie View Post
    i been checking other knick forum websites and i find them a lot easier to read and find info than here. This forum is full of fans who can't seem to agree to disagree without hurling personal insults at each other. Its a shame because when I first joined many years ago I loved this forum and the debates were done in a classy manner and I felt like I learned alot from reading both viewpoints. Nowadays its a **** measuring contest with language belonging in 4chan. Ppl insult the intelligence of the user rather than debating the topic and bringing valid research and observations. I suppose this is a sign of the times we live in.
    Your just like me you joined more then a decade ago so I understand but the Knicks have been a joke all this time and some people just got tired of it. It's just hasn't been the same level of excitement since 2010 FA era. This board used to have lot more posters like Fox Smood and Stilla but I guess they couldn't keep going in Dolan era anymore.

    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,082
    I have seen many reincarnations of this forum. The quality of the posts tend to be at their highest when we are bad and the place turns into a zoo when we are a playoff team. Pick your poison lol


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    10,786
    Still some good posters overall. Don't let the few ruin it. Other than that, these threads just need to be properly managed.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,432
    Sometimes the threads need to be a bit more tightly managed, and frankly sometimes its just up to us to ignore those that are being petty and antagonistic.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,223
    In a sports talk message board? I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,237
    I remember joining this board years ago when I was at my first job post college doing 2nd shift IT help desk work. This was an awesome escape to speak my mind about the Knicks with intelligent fans.

    Occasionally even I was guilty of antagonizing some but usually would never cross line to make it personal. It would be all in good fun.

    I would say yes we need stronger self moderation and respect for each others views on here. I will say we might have a special year for this forum. I'm still a believer this team will be better than most people think.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Valley stream, NY
    Posts
    5,352
    Yea threads like these really help.
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Yea threads like these really help.
    He has a point though.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    40,048
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
    He has a point though.
    Agreed DeeJay,

    But then I think back about the Chandler vs Gallo threads and OMG, those got pretty testy lol.

    Personally think Knick fans overdo the individual favorites and build up those players at the expense of others on the team. Again just my opinion dating way back when till now.

    But one thing is for sure, Knick fans move on rather quickly from their favorites the Lin debates were classic but fans didn't understand the cap and why the Knicks could not retain him.......but again fans move on from the Chandlers, Gallo's, Lin's, Melo's, Rautin's( LOL),

    I'm actually wondering who will be more popular, Frank or Knox? Oops, next thread

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,591
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Agreed DeeJay,

    But then I think back about the Chandler vs Gallo threads and OMG, those got pretty testy lol.

    Personally think Knick fans overdo the individual favorites and build up those players at the expense of others on the team. Again just my opinion dating way back when till now.

    But one thing is for sure, Knick fans move on rather quickly from their favorites the Lin debates were classic but fans didn't understand the cap and why the Knicks could not retain him.......but again fans move on from the Chandlers, Gallo's, Lin's, Melo's, Rautin's( LOL),

    I'm actually wondering who will be more popular, Frank or Knox? Oops, next thread
    Not going into names, but some good posters got replaced by well , how shall I put it nicely, not so good ones.
    Agreed we went through quite a bunch of bad years, but at least keep it classy.

    I'm sure you agree, Still.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Valley stream, NY
    Posts
    5,352
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
    He has a point though.
    Yeah and this certainly feels like the best way to get it across. Insult the existing community and telling us how the older guys were classier. Old memory bias.

    I've been here for over 10 years as well - Same sh** different thread.

    The issue recently has been we don't have mods. And if we do they are not around nearly enough. I can't even remember the last thread that was closed. Maybe the one that went on way too long about Becky Hammond and women in sports.

    Back in the day the mods kept us on point. This is an internet forum. You are absolutely joking yourselves if you think this isn't par for the course.
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often




  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Yeah and this certainly feels like the best way to get it across. Insult the existing community and telling us how the older guys were classier. Old memory bias.

    I've been here for over 10 years as well - Same sh** different thread.

    The issue recently has been we don't have mods. And if we do they are not around nearly enough. I can't even remember the last thread that was closed. Maybe the one that went on way too long about Becky Hammond and women in sports.

    Back in the day the mods kept us on point. This is an internet forum. You are absolutely joking yourselves if you think this isn't par for the course.
    Dude I havent insulted anyone. Nor have I done that in the past either.
    Just saying my opinion. Because it is indeed a forum.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    27,369
    forum is fine and i'm glad its still alive TBH. i have a soft spot for it even if other options have come along.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •