Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Hader

Josh Hader

So he had a pretty bad night with his racist tweets

https://twitter.com/kjen1327/status/...154646528?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup just saw that. Unbelievably sickening.

Josh Hader

I just wanna know who went through his timeline to dig up tweets from 6 years ago and what idiot leaves that stuff up?

lmao the world is so soft now. let's blackball him out the league now foh we all say dumb stuff at 17 on social media. I never seen earth so sensitive. you not allowed to say anything anymore gay retardeddddd midget dictionary gonna be real diff in 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by LORD6 View Post
    lmao the world is so soft now. let's blackball him out the league now foh we all say dumb stuff at 17 on social media. I never seen earth so sensitive. you not allowed to say anything anymore gay retardeddddd midget dictionary gonna be real diff in 5 years.
    The world is not soft because people find these things offensive. Take out "gay" or "retradeddddd" and put in a race, like "African-American" and ask yourself if it's okay to say offensive things about African-Americans in our society? Is it being soft to think that making run of a race of people isn't okay? People are people. Mocking groups of people is never okay.

Yes, he was 17. Yes it was stupid. No he won't get "blackballed out of the league" (I would expect him to get a hefty dose of backlash, some very uncomfortable questions, and potentially ruin some relationships along the way, but he'll remain in the MLB). But it doesn't make it in-offensive or okay. We've all done stupid things when we are young, but none of it is acceptable. If you're 17 and you're speeding, you get a ticket, just like if you're 30. If you're 17 and you make dumb comments, you get in trouble for them, too.

Josh Hader said some really offensive, hateful things. I really hope as an adult, he's not harboring those feelings towards a group of people, because that would be very sad and that these were just...a teenager saying things they thought were funny at the time, but can look back on and realize they probably weren't so funny. I know there were many things I used to think were funny, but as I've matured, I've realized they're not funny. I'm sure almost everyone on here has thought something was funny that they've learned later in life wasn't funny. I hope that these tweets are just a very public version of that for Hader because the alternative would be sad.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 07-18-2018 at 01:24 AM.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    The world is not soft because people find these things offensive. Take out "gay" or "retradeddddd" and put in a race, like "African-American" and ask yourself if it's okay to say offensive things about African-Americans in our society? Is it being soft to think that making run of a race of people isn't okay? People are people. Mocking groups of people is never okay.

Yes, he was 17. Yes it was stupid. No he won't get "blackballed out of the league" (I would expect him to get a hefty dose of backlash, some very uncomfortable questions, and potentially ruin some relationships along the way, but he'll remain in the MLB). But it doesn't make it in-offensive or okay. We've all done stupid things when we are young, but none of it is acceptable. If you're 17 and you're speeding, you get a ticket, just like if you're 30. If you're 17 and you make dumb comments, you get in trouble for them, too.

Josh Hader said some really offensive, hateful things. I really hope as an adult, he's not harboring those feelings towards a group of people, because that would be very sad and that these were just...a teenager saying things they thought were funny at the time, but can look back on and realize they probably weren't so funny.
    Most of the racist comments were actually rap quotes that he tweeted out

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post

Yeah, I had seen that. But it's also why I didn't really address that portion (when I mentioned African-Americans I was addressing how nonchalantly the poster addressed "gay" people and "retardeddddd" people, as if people frowning upon those tweets were "soft", as he so elegantly put it). The homophobic tweets don't seem to have that sort of excuse, and thus are troubling.

That said, I know when I was 17/18, as I said in my edit, I found things funny that I don't any longer. I just hope that Josh Hader is in that same, albeit, a very public, boat.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post

I was going to say those sounded like rap quotes.

A lot of the sex and drugs stuff doesnít bother me. Itís rap quotes and **** a 17 year old would say...same with the women comment.

I never went around posting n****r or saying I didnít like gay people at 17. He seems to have been dumber than average but I agree with 1908 Cubs post in that hopefully heís matured. If people could dig up recent stuff then iíd get angrier. Find stuff out of his teens I guess.

Josh "Hater"

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Yeah, I had seen that. But it's also why I didn't really address that portion (when I mentioned African-Americans I was addressing how nonchalantly the poster addressed "gay" people and "retardeddddd" people, as if people frowning upon those tweets were "soft", as he so elegantly put it). The homophobic tweets don't seem to have that sort of excuse, and thus are troubling.

That said, I know when I was 17/18, as I said in my edit, I found things funny that I don't any longer. I just hope that Josh Hader is in that same, albeit, a very public, boat.
    yup

All, very well said.

I don't find funny stuff I did 5-10 years ago. At all. Even just stand up comedians.

Hader will be fine, but he'll need to apologize and clear it all up.

I'm just saying the world is soft for its reaction to it
    those are examples of things people are overly sensitive about when its 2018 and the tweets are old idk why you are offended lol 1908

his family had to turn his Jersey inside out or wear a generic Jersey because of potential backlash from these sensitive people cmon now that's ridiculous.

btw don't mean gay people
    I mean if someone like let's go to applebees and u be like nah they gay my whole life we used these words as generic terms.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast