Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Breaking: Machado to Dodgers is official

- Ken Rosenthal

yup, looks to be a done deal?

Yusniel Diaz is obviously the centerpiece. It looks like Dustin May is confirmed, as is Errol Robinson. There could be two more names joining those three going to Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Yusniel Diaz is obviously the centerpiece. It looks like Dustin May is confirmed, as is Errol Robinson. There could be two more names joining those three going to Baltimore.
    Damn that sounds like a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to that park and facing new pitchers he's not familer with, I could see a major drop in production to finish the year.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him hover around the .775 OPS mark with his time playing for Dodgers.

And he's been awful as a defensive SS right?

We'll see. I can't give one of my patented guarantees but my initial feeling is going to be a disappointment for Dodger fans when we judge trade in 4 years.

Big pick up for the Dodgers this year!

Michael J. Duarte@michaeljduarte

Sources believe the deal agreed upon between #Dodgers and #Orioles is Yusniel Diaz, Dustin May, and Errol Robinson heading to Baltimore for Manny Machado and cash and possibly bonus pool $$. Again, not official as teams have yet to announce. Still fluid.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Michael J. Duarte@michaeljduarte

Sources believe the deal agreed upon between #Dodgers and #Orioles is Yusniel Diaz, Dustin May, and Errol Robinson heading to Baltimore for Manny Machado and cash and possibly bonus pool $$. Again, not official as teams have yet to announce. Still fluid.
    I will give you three reasons why the deal hasn't been announced.

1.) Orioles physical
    2.) Orioles physical
    3.) Orioles physical.

This should solidify the lineup to be playoff ready. But the problem is pitching specifically the bullpen has become the biggest need for playoff teams in recent years.

Judging by the prospects so far I am happy with the trade. I've been following the Dodgers closely for many years now & so many times we pass on picking up star players because we want to hold onto prospects. Well, prospects are just that. Guys with limited MLB time & not a guarantee of becoming what everybody hopes.

I also don't think the Dodgers are done. Maybe a relief pitcher from the Marlins.

Quote Originally Posted by DodgerBlue8188 View Post
    This should solidify the lineup to be playoff ready. But the problem is pitching specifically the bullpen has become the biggest need for playoff teams in recent years.

Judging by the prospects so far I am happy with the trade. I've been following the Dodgers closely for many years now & so many times we pass on picking up star players because we want to hold onto prospects. Well, prospects are just that. Guys with limited MLB time & not a guarantee of becoming what everybody hopes.

I also don't think the Dodgers are done. Maybe a relief pitcher from the Marlins.
    I don't follow prospects very closely, especially ones that are not in the Giants system. But i've heard a lot about May. From a prospect sense, are the Dodgers giving up a lot? Or is this considered a fair price?

Outside of Diaz, these other prospects seem to fall in the #7-#13 range as far as top prospects within the Dodgers system.

I think this is decent value for the Dodgers, although these specific prospects have pretty good ceilings/are intriguing.

EDIT: Robinson isn't much of a prospect, though.
    Last edited by Driven; 07-18-2018 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by natsbats View Post
    I can't give one of my patented guarantees but.....
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by natsbats View Post
    Going to that park and facing new pitchers he's not familer with, I could see a major drop in production to finish the year.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him hover around the .775 OPS mark with his time playing for Dodgers.

And he's been awful as a defensive SS right?

We'll see. I can't give one of my patented guarantees but my initial feeling is going to be a disappointment for Dodger fans when we judge trade in 4 years.
    Well, Nostradamus, I hope you're right.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast