Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909899100
Results 1,486 to 1,496 of 1496
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrass View Post
    This is a couple days old but Baez had an interesting quote in this article "Well see in the offseason what I get for this season." Is he angling for an extension? Do the Cubs bite? I get a feeling they will be out on Harper and Machado, so locking up the core would be a good idea. Bryant is represented by Boras and is coming off a down year anyway, so extending him is even less likely than before. I don't think Russell is extension-worthy based on this season. Extensions to Contreras and Baez would be a great offseason and it seems like the latter is willing to entertain the idea.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...806-story.html
    Regarding Bryant and thinking way out of the box I would now say he is not "untouchable". I have kicked around some potential swaps with other teams to look at getting us an Ace at the Winter meetings. Specifically throwing **** at the wall I thought a Bryant for Degrom swap could be interesting depending how far we go in the playoffs and how reliable Darvish winds up being.
    Last edited by chicagofan08; Today at 03:36 PM.

Rosenthal is going to showcase himself for teams in October to get a contract for 2019. He could be a good pickup in the offseason on a Holland type of one year deal. He would be a nice backup for Morrow whenever he hits the DL.

https://www.bleachernation.com/2018/...om-the-royals/

Hopefully he gets 0 PAs, but a bunch of pinch runner stolen bases.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post

He will definitely play a part as a pinch runner come October.

I also get a kick out of the term "cash considerations." Why can't they just say, "we sold him to the Cubs."

I've always wanted Billy Hamilton for this specific reason but he's gonna cost more than just cash. I don't think he'd be too expensive though so hopefully they kick the tires in the off-season

2018 Cubs FA/Trade Thread 2.0: Trade Deadline Edition

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    I've always wanted Billy Hamilton for this specific reason but he's gonna cost more than just cash. I don't think he'd be too expensive though so hopefully they kick the tires in the off-season
    Yeah. I was interested in that idea, too. Its just much harder to carry a guy like that on the roster all year. Once rosters expand and you need less pitchers in October it gets easier.

Counting the postseason, Gore has 25 SB, 16 runs scored, and 0 career hits. Haha.
    Last edited by CP_414; Today at 01:34 PM.

Yeah. I was interested in that idea, too. Its just much harder to carry a guy like that on the roster all year. Once rosters expand and you need less pitchers in October it gets easier.

Counting the postseason, Gore has 25 SB, 16 runs scored, and 0 career hits. Haha.
    Wow no hits? Hah he must be a burner

Terrance Gore? Now THAT'S a championship move, if I ever saw one.

Joking aside maybe Gore will finally get his first major league hit with the Cubs For what it is, this is a decent move. We all knew they were going to pick someone like him up at some point (Austin Jackson, Leonys Martin, etc), and Gore will definitely be someone to watch on the base paths.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Terrance Gore? Now THAT'S a championship move, if I ever saw one.

Joking aside maybe Gore will finally get his first major league hit with the Cubs For what it is, this is a decent move. We all knew they were going to pick someone like him up at some point (Austin Jackson, Leonys Martin, etc), and Gore will definitely be someone to watch on the base paths.
    Austin Jackson could actually play a little. The 2015 fast guy that doesn't do anything else was Quinton Berry

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    Austin Jackson could actually play a little. The 2015 fast guy that doesn't do anything else was Quinton Berry
    So can Gore. He just isn't much of an offensive player. Gore is strictly speed/defense guy.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    He will definitely play a part as a pinch runner come October.

I also get a kick out of the term "cash considerations." Why can't they just say, "we sold him to the Cubs."
    Selling a black man sounds questionable.

Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909899100