Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,576

    Predict siakam's season

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BlOk4UTg...d=b0cyjvcgxylc

    Just had a 38/15/11 game in the drew league.

    Assuming the team remains the same, I think he'll be starting by December. I'd be over the roof if by season's end he had a 12/5/4 average. That would have him 1 step away from being an all-star caliber PF.

    In the clip his handles are looking like they took a step, but the shot still looks weird. End of the day I worry his shot will be what holds him back. If he hits those corner 3's eventually then he will be a massive piece.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,083
    If either OG or Siakam improve on their perimeter shooting, there's absolutely no reason why Pascal shouldn't be starting. Minus the perimeter shooting he already does everything else noticeably better than Ibaka.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,576
    Considerably better than Ibaka. He has a very opposite skillset than Ibaka at this point.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    24,190
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BlOk4UTg...d=b0cyjvcgxylc

    Just had a 38/15/11 game in the drew league.

    Assuming the team remains the same, I think he'll be starting by December. I'd be over the roof if by season's end he had a 12/5/4 average. That would have him 1 step away from being an all-star caliber PF.

    In the clip his handles are looking like they took a step, but the shot still looks weird. End of the day I worry his shot will be what holds him back. If he hits those corner 3's eventually then he will be a massive piece.
    I see him as a solid starter in this league. ďOne step away from all starĒ is a fairly large expectation imo. Iíd be happy with him averaging 11-5 considering he basically has to split minutes with serge regardless if he starts or coming off the bench.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,590
    He is probably the best PF on the roster already. If should start taking over more of Serge's minutes at PF and given more opportunity the base stats should go up 5-10% depending on the minutes increase.

    Drew League stats look impressive, but I really have no clue what the competition is like there. How much defense do teams play? I really don't read anything into those numbers.

    His role will grow no doubt. As it does, can he sustain his effectiveness defensively and efficiency on offense? That is what I'm eager to see. I'd also love to see if Nurse uses him a bit more as a ball handler and facilitator on offense.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,576
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I see him as a solid starter in this league. ďOne step away from all starĒ is a fairly large expectation imo. Iíd be happy with him averaging 11-5 considering he basically has to split minutes with serge regardless if he starts or coming off the bench.
    Well if he puts up 12p/5r/4a then he would be a step away from becoming an all-star. 15/7/5 with + defense would have him in the all-star game imo. Those are dreymind green stats.

    Anyone watch the video in the link? Dudes looking good.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,590
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Well if he puts up 12p/5r/4a then he would be a step away from becoming an all-star. 15/7/5 with + defense would have him in the all-star game imo. Those are dreymind green stats.

    Anyone watch the video in the link? Dudes looking good.
    Draymond Green gets there with defensive stats, advanced stats, reputation and team success though. I really like Siakam's defense and intangibles, but improved base stats won't be what wins him Draymond comparisons.

    A jump to 7+ assists like Draymond puts up is probably out of the picture too. Not sure I ever see Siakam doing that. He'd have to double his assist totals just to get to 4. Which would be quite a good number for a big guy.

    re: the video - I really enjoyed seeing him wreck Marquiss Chriss 1 on 1 during the one brief clip . I remember how much many here (myself included) was hoping to see Chriss drop out of the Top 8 in 2016 so we could draft him. We ended up with a better player at 9 (Poeltl) anyways and grabbed Siakam late (and signed the undrafted FVV later). Contrary to my disappointment, it turned into a pretty exceptional draft for us.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 07-16-2018 at 12:17 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    24,190
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Well if he puts up 12p/5r/4a then he would be a step away from becoming an all-star. 15/7/5 with + defense would have him in the all-star game imo. Those are dreymind green stats.

    Anyone watch the video in the link? Dudes looking good.
    Youíre hoping for a 7/4/2 guy to become a 15/7/5 ??? Is he projected to be playing 34+ minutes this season ? And where are you getting 5 apg from ? With those assist numbers he would be our 2nd best play maker. I donít see it. I think 15/7 would be career best numbers for him as a starter. I think heís good and will get better I donít think he will ever be a Green..

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,576
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Youíre hoping for a 7/4/2 guy to become a 15/7/5 ??? Is he projected to be playing 34+ minutes this season ? And where are you getting 5 apg from ? With those assist numbers he would be our 2nd best play maker. I donít see it. I think 15/7 would be career best numbers for him as a starter. I think heís good and will get better I donít think he will ever be a Green..
    My prediction for next season was 12/5/4. 15/7/5 would be my ceiling for him and with his defense I think it would get him into the all-star game.

    He isn't a better passer than derozan, Lowry or FVV... But he's a better assist guy than wright imo.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,576
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Youíre hoping for a 7/4/2 guy to become a 15/7/5 ??? Is he projected to be playing 34+ minutes this season ? And where are you getting 5 apg from ? With those assist numbers he would be our 2nd best play maker. I donít see it. I think 15/7 would be career best numbers for him as a starter. I think heís good and will get better I donít think he will ever be a Green..
    Maybe throw out a prediction then and we can revisit this time next year? I dunno I'm just making conversation lol. You're offended that I think Siakam has a 15/7/5 season in him one day?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    24,190
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Maybe throw out a prediction then and we can revisit this time next year? I dunno I'm just making conversation lol. You're offended that I think Siakam has a 15/7/5 season in him one day?
    Not offended at all. I think itís a bit wishful but I actually hope youíre right

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,787
    I don't know, some of those clips he is making better passes than I have ever seen Derozan make. He also is showing off a handle better than we have seen from Derozan. If he gets to play against PF's out on the perimeter, he will DESTROY them! If some of the small SF's try to guard him, he can take them into the paint and shoot that baby hook over them all day long.

    I actually think he is more of a SF than OG is, and that OG is more of an athletic stretch 4. I think they both should play 35 mpg. In fact, I think the entire starting 5 should be playing 30+ this year.

    Lowry/FVV
    Derozan/Wright
    Siakam/Miles
    OG/Ibaka
    JV/Poeltl


    With Wright and Poeltl as guys 9 and 10 in the rotation. They should play extended minutes only when needed due to injury or during blowouts. Going 10 deep is nice, but not needed with the spacing of games now in the NBA. Especially in the 2nd half, I want my studs getting ready to log 40+ mpg when needed. It's hard to do that when you are playing 20mpg in the regular season.


    If they do that, I could easily see Siakam putting up 15/7/5 the way he can handle the rock and make plays for others now. Think about it. Who is going to guard him in the East now? The opposing teams best perimeter defender with length will be on Derozan and their best interior defender will likely be on JV.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,576
    Problem is they can sag off him from what we've seen so far. He needs to hit that corner 3. I like the look of that Lineup though.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,576
    I hope JV takes more 3's next year

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,870
    The couple of games I was at last season, he was out during halftime taking 3's. He knows this, he's on it. We also just brought in the model of exactly the kinda player we want him to be. This could be a very good year for our young guys if they want to learn from Kawhi's game.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •