Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tampa Bay Rays new stadium

Still way too big.

Bring back the Expos!

That glass roof better filter out the UV rays.

Tiny stadiums are ridiculous.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Builds smaller stadium to sell out.

Doesnít sell out. Ever!

Why? Just move them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Why? Just move them.

Honestly, move them to Charlotte or Nashville, both places could definitely fill a stadium, and close enough to the east coast to be in the AL east.... honestly it would be less travel for the other 4 teams if in nashville
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    Honestly, move them to Charlotte or Nashville, both places could definitely fill a stadium, and close enough to the east coast to be in the AL east.... honestly it would be less travel for the other 4 teams if in nashville
    I'd love them to move to Charlotte. Then I'd get to see the Yankees 9x every year.
    But the Knights (White Sox AAA) just got a brand new stadium in downtown Charlotte a few years ago, so I doubt it would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Bring back the Expos!
    damn straight

Move them to Jersey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Said early in the year when there was talk of building a new stadium in the Tampa area. Florida is NOT a baseball state. Miami and TB are two worse attended teams in baseball.Even Baltimore and the W/Sox have more people attending games. Time to move them back to Montreal.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

living in Tampa, I can tell that the people are 50/50 on this stadium. Theres a group really excited for it, especially the surrounding cities like Brandon/Lakeland because the stadium is so much closer and easier to get to compared to going over the howard franklin to St Pete.

Theres another group that doesnt want any tax payer dollars used. Because of the teams lack of spending, and keeping cores together, how the club has been managed, that group doesnt want any tax payer dollars used.

From what I heard as well, when the ballpark isnt being used, they will use it as a public park for people to walk in and walk around

the location next to 275 and I4 is much better

First Sim League Title!

Yankee stadium isn't exactly located in a great neighborhood . Yes pretty easy to get to . If people want to go to a game they will go . Traffic or not . Location or not .
    As far as what the new stadium would be used for when no baseball is being played ? 8-9 hundred million is a lot of money for people to use just to go for a walk . The new car smell will go away and nobody will know if they are in a new stadium or the Trop . The results will be the same . A waste of tax payers money . If if walks and quacks like a duck .

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Yankee stadium isn't exactly located in a great neighborhood . Yes pretty easy to get to . If people want to go to a game they will go . Traffic or not . Location or not .
    As far as what the new stadium would be used for when no baseball is being played ? 8-9 hundred million is a lot of money for people to use just to go for a walk . The new car smell will go away and nobody will know if they are in a new stadium or the Trop . The results will be the same . A waste of tax payers money . If if walks and quacks like a duck .
    Mass transportation makes it very easy to get in and out of YS.

Some of these other places donít have that luxury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    bad example you can take a train and be a block away from yankee stadium,

rays had a crappy neighborhood, placed away from the surrounding cities, unless if you have a car the only other form of transportation is a bus for people who live in St Pete only (which doesnt have enough residents to support the ball park) and you can only get to the stadium with one of 2 bridges

Now its projected to be located between 2 major highways with surrounding cities that can actually go to the game if they want. Brandon is only about 10 min away, river view is about 20-30 and lakeland isnt to far either.

When its in St Pete, only Tampa and the small pinellas county could go

you really dont know how bad and how hard it is to get to the trop especially with rush hour traffic. Myself, I wanted to go more than a few times when the Red Sox are in town but unless if they play on the weekend, there is no way im getting their in time

the biggest hurdle the Rays currently have is convincing tax payers to pay for the stadium which is going to be a battle but as we all know money talks so the Rays will probably win out
    Last edited by Rivera; 07-12-2018 at 12:45 PM.

First Sim League Title!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast