Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    FWIW Madden 19 has Keenum at 81 overall, and Foles is 80. Not that Madden has the end all be all, but it shows that I'm not alone in my viewpoint.
    Nvm

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    FWIW Madden 19 has Keenum at 81 overall, and Foles is 80. Not that Madden has the end all be all, but it shows that I'm not alone in my viewpoint.
    Madden 19:

Catch rates:
    Brady: 39
    Foles: 32

Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Madden 19:

Catch rates:
    Brady: 39
    Foles: 32

Oops.
    Foles should have at least 90 catch rating and brady should have at least 90 drop rating.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I'm a fan of both the eagles and the dodgers. But come on man, foles is a better story than Muncy, at least ATM (and I'm loving me some Muncy right now..). Go back and look at psd alone and see how many fans gave the eagles a chance against the pats with foles at QB. A lot of fans were calling for a blowout in the pats favor. And that super bowl performance by foles was one of the best ever by a quarterback too. Possibly the best quarterback shootout in super bowl history, and foles, a guy that was seriously considering retirement not even a year prior? It's a great story.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I just dont feel like it's a all time great story at this point. He needs to keep playing at a high level. Joe Flacco wasnt benched or released but had possibly the best playoff run in NFL history. He was the 2nd coming of Joe Montanna but it seems like he just had a great stretch of games. Were not sure how the Foles story ends yet. If he never gets back to the sb it wont seem as great a story.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    I just dont feel like it's a all time great story at this point. He needs to keep playing at a high level. Joe Flacco wasnt benched or released but had possibly the best playoff run in NFL history. He was the 2nd coming of Joe Montanna but it seems like he just had a great stretch of games. Were not sure how the Foles story ends yet. If he never gets back to the sb it wont seem as great a story.
    Flacco didn't come in and take over for the leagues MVP after nearly retiring from football. He also didn't knock off the nfls most prolific dynasty with the goat HC/QB.

I just don't think that's a good comparison.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Flacco didn't come in and take over for the leagues MVP after nearly retiring from football. He also didn't knock off the nfls most prolific dynasty with the goat HC/QB.

I just don't think that's a good comparison.
    I make the comparison just based on the good playoffs both players has. Both players also had good defenses taking pressure of but for Foles not in the SB. Brady dismantled them they needed every bit of Foles.

But Foles being a 3rd round pick kind of takes away from it being a all time great story as well. You take a QB in the 3rd round hes expected to be pretty good .

I think Kurt Warner begging groceries is a much better story and he never looked back. But like I said the Foles story isnt over. Whispers that the Jags want him. But again tough for 3rd round picks to be a all time great story. As I mentioned theres baseball players who are dropped in lineups, benched, sent down and traded then end up being all stars. Theres guys who play years in the minors before getting a chance.

As a whole body of work Tony Romo is a great story. Just not a great ending..lol..but as a udfa he consistently made it to just outside the reach of sure fire Hall of Famers. If he was the 6th best qb on average in his prime the only guys ahead of him walk in the HOF. Foles cant be put there just from a handful of games last year. If he has a career like Romo from this point on even if he doesnt get back to a SB then I'd say it's a great story but hes gotta lot of passes to throw first.

I mean there is also Jim Plunkett.

Was a bust 1st overall pick. Went to the Raiders as a back up. In his first season as a Raider the starting QB breaks his leg and Plunkett comes in week 6 and takes the Raiders to the Super bowl and wins. Then in 1983 Plunkett gets benched after a few games. The back up plays a few games and gets hurt. Plunkett comes off the bench again and leads the Raiders to another superbowl.

May not be the same situation but Plunkett in two different seasons went from back up to superbowl champion.

Never Forget

How about Dough Williams.

But Foles’ body of work isn’t the story. It’s just this year that’s the story.

You gotta throw the 3rd round pick out the window because that was how many drafts ago and it dismisses the years of what actually happened.

It’d be like Ryan Leaf coming back and winning a SB. That story would still be great regardless of what his draft position was almost 2 decades ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    But Foles’ body of work isn’t the story. It’s just this year that’s the story.

You gotta throw the 3rd round pick out the window because that was how many drafts ago and it dismisses the years of what actually happened.

It’d be like Ryan Leaf coming back and winning a SB. That story would still be great regardless of what his draft position was almost 2 decades ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The question though is whether it's one of the best sports stories ever. That's an obvious no. It's maybe one of the greatest Eagles stories ever. I suspect history will see Nick Foles as more of a Trent Dilfer than Broadway Joe when it comes to all-time Super Bowl lore, but maybe that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Meh. It's not Kurt Warner bagging groceries at one point.
    How has this not been made into a movie?

Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    The question though is whether it's one of the best sports stories ever. That's an obvious no. It's maybe one of the greatest Eagles stories ever. I suspect history will see Nick Foles as more of a Trent Dilfer than Broadway Joe when it comes to all-time Super Bowl lore, but maybe that's just me.
    Sure, if Foles did basically nothing.

Greatest ever, of course not. Top 10, I could buy that.

Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    I agree it means more to the Eagles than it does to anyone outside of them but for an all-time Super Bowl lore, I think it definitely has to be up there closer to the Broadway, Warner, Brady types than the Dilfer's and Johnson's.

Foles was a pivotal reason for the Eagles winning the SB as Dilfer/Johnson just didn't screw up. His backstory for the whole season and off-season prior just adds to it.

I do also agree that it's not one of the greatest all time sports stories, but I'd have to go and think about those a little more because I feel it could definitely be in the top 25 or so which some may consider the greatest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast