Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Report: Kings interested in Rodney Hood

The Kings have reportedly shown interest in restricted free agent Rodney Hood, according to Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee.

“League sources said the Kings have shown interest in Hood, but the talks have not progressed to the point where an offer sheet is imminent.” – Sacramento Bee

Hood would fill the void at small forward for Sacramento and might not be overly expensive to obtain. Obviously, being a restricted free agent means the Cavaliers can match any offer sheet Hood signs, if they so desire.

The 6-foot-8 forward averaged 14.7 points per game last season on 42.9 percent shooting from the field and 38.1 percent from three. Hood was traded to the Cavs at the trade deadline but didn’t quite have the impact they had hoped for.

The Kings’ options at small forward are dwindling, so we’ll see what they decide to do to fill that hole.
    https://www.hoop-ball.com/articles/t...a-rodney-hood/

This would make some sense. Joerger loves Hood, and I think he'd be a decent fit here.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

2 questions guys..

1.) What would you feel comfortable paying him?

2.) What do you think it would cost to pry him out of Cleveland?

I would like to pay him 6-8 but it will take 8-10 to get him

I'd go 12.5M max.

4/50.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

At this point, I think hood is the obvious next choice.

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    I'd go 12.5M max.

4/50.
    Yikes!

I think i would throw out an offer of 8.5 x 4 (4/34m). If he signs with us great, if not i am glad i didn't over pay. There are just not teams with money out there left to sign, it maybe the best he could get. The only thing is if Cleveland matches, i am not sure that'ld be a done deal on their part. They didn't want to play him in the playoffs.
    Last edited by sneak; 07-09-2018 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Can't do math on 3 hours of sleep... seesh!

Quote Originally Posted by sneak View Post
    I think i would throw out an offer of 8.5 x 4 (4/34m). If he signs with us great, if not i am glad i didn't over pay. There are just not teams with money out there left to sign, it maybe the best he could get. The only thing is if Cleveland matches, i am not sure that'ld be a done deal on their part. They didn't want to play him in the playoffs.
    This is a perfect strategy.

A front-loaded contract at 3/$30 million sounds good. Maybe $12 the first year, $10 the second, and $8 the third.

Finally. I think sneak's offer is ideal. I wouldn't be upset if we went up just a little bit on it though.

I think 10 to 12 million will get it done. Anything around 8 million should be matched by Cleveland.

Cleveland is shopping Korver, i don't know what they think they are going to get (not much), but it may now be harder to peel Hood out of Cleveland because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sneak View Post
    Cleveland is shopping Korver, i don't know what they think they are going to get (not much), but it may now be harder to peel Hood out of Cleveland because of it.
    May be better to get an offer sheet done ASAP. Put the pressure on CLE.

I think this will continue to be the name to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    I think this will continue to be the name to watch.
    Agreed. I believe we only have 1 available roster spot. Barring a trade one real SF is all we need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast