Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: MLB All-Stars

Cervelli and Grandal were both certainly more deserving than Molina but the folks who make the calls on this game sure do love their relics.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Agreed. 1 representative from each team is ********. Im a Tigers fan and maybe Castellanos is the only one who deserves a sniff but Id have no problem if they had nobody there. Joe Jimenez is a nice young reliever but all star? Meh.
    I was in no way suggesting every team shouldn't have a representative, just that the rule requiring it shouldn't impact legitimate players' ability to get in. All they'd have to do is put the roster together without that rule first, THEN fill in a rep from any team that didn't yet have one....not like the roster size is a big deal in the game.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Agreed. 1 representative from each team is ********. Im a Tigers fan and maybe Castellanos is the only one who deserves a sniff but Id have no problem if they had nobody there. Joe Jimenez is a nice young reliever but all star? Meh.
    I'm fine with the rule as long as the ASG is an exhibition and doesn't influence WS HFA or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    I'm fine with the rule as long as the ASG is an exhibition and doesn't influence WS HFA or anything like that.
    Problem with this is players get extra money for AS appearances and some are missing out on that due to these rules.

As if any MLB player is underpaid .....

Jed Lowrie taking Gleyber Torres spot

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    As if any MLB player is underpaid .....
    Sure, but they work hard for their money too. I don't think you'd be happy missing out on a bonus due to a bogus rule.

Not only is it about money, but I'm sure a lot of these players take pride in being named an All-Star. If they deserve to be in they should be in, not just because each team needs a representative.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Sure, but they work hard for their money too. I don't think you'd be happy missing out on a bonus due to a bogus rule.

Not only is it about money, but I'm sure a lot of these players take pride in being named an All-Star. If they deserve to be in they should be in, not just because each team needs a representative.
    Agreed. One year the Orioles put through the great Ty Wigginton for their representative. I would've much rather that spot go to someone who is an exciting talent who deserves to be there on merit and not the rule.

Javy Baez and Kyle Schwarber in the HR Derby

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Javy Baez and Kyle Schwarber in the HR Derby

Harper and Muncy make up the other half of NL squad

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Harper and Muncy make up the other half of NL squad
    Solid group. I'm looking forward to watching Schwarber for sure. Even though he isn't fat anymore, he can hit absolute moonshots.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Agreed. One year the Orioles put through the great Ty Wigginton for their representative. I would've much rather that spot go to someone who is an exciting talent who deserves to be there on merit and not the rule.
    I remember that. 2010. That year was brutal. But we got Bundy in that draft so it's all good.

Markakis should have been the All-Star that year from the O's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Problem with this is players get extra money for AS appearances and some are missing out on that due to these rules.
    ****'s never going to be perfect; I don't see this particular aspect as much of an issue. Every year there will be snubs.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Snell didn't get in because Ramos did, so the Rays already had a rep
    Snell also didn't get in because the Twins didn't have a rep so Berrios got in
    The Twins didn't have a rep because in their infinite wisdom Rosario didn't make it
    Gotta love this system of putting a roster together. Snell should be there before Berrios and Rosario should simply be there.
    How many years though can anyone really say that there isn't at least 1 person worthy of going to the All-Star game from each team? The Orioles have won what, 26 games, and there is no doubt Machado deserves to be on the team. Even with the Twins, I could make cases for multiple guys.

Same with last place teams like the Marlins, Royals, Reds, and Padres.

You can always find one representative for the All-Star game. Instead of ripping this rule, start looking in the mirror at the people who vote in the All-Star game and send people like Bryce Harper who is only there on name alone right now pretty much.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    ****'s never going to be perfect; I don't see this particular aspect as much of an issue. Every year there will be snubs.
    Oh for sure, but it'd be better if they got rid of that rule. We'd have more deserving players.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast