Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bucks sign Brook Lopez to a 1 year deal!

Where Becoming a Legend Happens.
    @ChrisWagner87

Yea Iím not a big Lopez fan by any means, but for that money on a 1 year deal it makes quite a bit of sense.

Obviously Thon should be a keeper next to Lopez if one looks at the roster's future potential, but given the circumstances, it may be a good idea to match Thon with one of the bad contracts now (Delly?) so that it can be much more appealing to another team than offering Delly alone (which none will buy).

My vote would go on keeping Zeller and try to move a Delly+Thon combination.

If we are moving a bad deal, snell makes the most sense to me. Heís probably the best player of the group of bad deals, but heís also the longest deal. And delly and Henson both come off the books rather quickly. Not sure if thon is the right guy to use as the sweetener though. I still have some hopes for him and Lopez doesnít really solve anything outside of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    If we are moving a bad deal, snell makes the most sense to me. Heís probably the best player of the group of bad deals, but heís also the longest deal. And delly and Henson both come off the books rather quickly. Not sure if thon is the right guy to use as the sweetener though. I still have some hopes for him and Lopez doesnít really solve anything outside of this year.
    Yeah... Tony has the longest and most expensive deal out of all bad contracts, but OTOH, he is the most useful one as well.

One can look at Tony as an overpriced deal, rather than a bad contract. IMO, it maybe wise to get the coaching team working on Tony as to develop him on his full potential and then, if it doesn't work, look at this contract at a later stage.

Nobody would complain if Tony's contract was at 6M annually with respect to his current performance, would anyone?

I mean I probably would. He really isnít very good to be honest. He stunk his entire time with the bulls basically. He had a mini breakout year, that was still a sub 10 PER for us, signed a big deal and basically stunk again. He was billed as a good defender, but Iíve never been overly impressed with his defense. Heís a good but streaky shooter who has very little impact in any other aspect of the game. For a guy with his length, he has a shocking number of games where he plays 20+ minutes and he doesnít record any non shooting stats (ie 0 boards, assists, steals or blocks.)

And heís 26. While you can always make improvements in your game, at 26 itís unlikely that heíll develop a brand new skill. To me, he hasnít shown any sort of ability with the ball in his hands to really get refined. Heís a straight line driver who can get to the rim if the close out guy closes out too hard. Thatís about it. I donít think youíre going to develop any pick and roll skills or iso scoring skills. At 6í7Ē while usually guarding guys shorter than you, if you havenít shown some propensity to blocking shots, you probably donít have the anticipation skills.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I mean I probably would. He really isnít very good to be honest. He stunk his entire time with the bulls basically. He had a mini breakout year, that was still a sub 10 PER for us, signed a big deal and basically stunk again. He was billed as a good defender, but Iíve never been overly impressed with his defense. Heís a good but streaky shooter who has very little impact in any other aspect of the game. For a guy with his length, he has a shocking number of games where he plays 20+ minutes and he doesnít record any non shooting stats (ie 0 boards, assists, steals or blocks.)

And heís 26. While you can always make improvements in your game, at 26 itís unlikely that heíll develop a brand new skill. To me, he hasnít shown any sort of ability with the ball in his hands to really get refined. Heís a straight line driver who can get to the rim if the close out guy closes out too hard. Thatís about it. I donít think youíre going to develop any pick and roll skills or iso scoring skills. At 6í7Ē while usually guarding guys shorter than you, if you havenít shown some propensity to blocking shots, you probably donít have the anticipation skills.
    Agree with this and your take on Brook Lopez. Not a big fan really but at that price it's a no-brainer. If they move Henson I'd be even more happy lol.

With DD, Prez, Brown, midds, and maybe even jabari all on the team isnít have no problem trying to move snell if it was possible. I forget heís even on the team half the time anyway. His stat lines usually do too. Goose eggs galore. I like him but we have younger players with more upside on cheaper contracts that help more.

It looks like Henson or delly may be the odd men out before snell which Iím okay with. Interesting to see if they have anythingelse up their sleeves now seeing the last couple moves. DD, ersan, and Lopez all the same style player imo. I like who they brought in around giannis so far this season
    Last edited by C-Dub; 07-08-2018 at 10:51 PM.

Where Becoming a Legend Happens.
    @ChrisWagner87

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Agree with this and your take on Brook Lopez. Not a big fan really but at that price it's a no-brainer. If they move Henson I'd be even more happy lol.
    You can't move Henson (or Delly) unless you are loaded with another bad (or worst) contract or matching them with a valuable asset of yours.

Lopez is a good move, LA has proved to be poor on working with players as to add things on their game (they've even let Randle go!), Bucks have proved the opposite. Lopez will fit the Bucks much better than he ever did with the teams he has served before.

Horst still didn't fix our rebounding needs. Yeah were adding shooting around Giannis which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    You can't move Henson (or Delly) unless you are loaded with another bad (or worst) contract or matching them with a valuable asset of yours.

Lopez is a good move, LA has proved to be poor on working with players as to add things on their game (they've even let Randle go!), Bucks have proved the opposite. Lopez will fit the Bucks much better than he ever did with the teams he has served before.
    Rebounding figures depend on the number of rebounds available to collect.... with the defense the Lakers had last season (as a team), I don't think any center would show high rebounding figures!

Lopez does box out well though. Keeps his guy away from offense rebounding. That should help some.

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    Rebounding figures depend on the number of rebounds available to collect.... with the defense the Lakers had last season (as a team), I don't think any center would show high rebounding figures!
    Still 4 rebounds a game is pathetic. Could walk around with arms up and should be able to get that. He's never been a great rebounder either. Lopez is a decent shot blocker though. Like I said for that price it's really a good deal for the Bucks. He brings spacing at the 5 which should allow Giannis driving lanes with other good shooters around him.

#1 Giannis
    #2 Middleton
    #3 Bledsoe
    #4 Brogdon
    #5 Ersan
    #6 Lockdown Brown
    #7 Maker
    #8 DDV
    #9 Brolo
    #10 Delly
    #11 Henson
    #12 Snell
    #13 DJ
    #14 Jennings?
    #15 Zeller?

?= nonguaranteed contract
    RFA Parker

2 spots for 2 way G League players for #16 and #17. Barring any major trades yet prior to season. We got a full boat pretty much. Bottom of our roster is meh. Even if Parker stays or goes. I'm still not impressed with PG,SG,C yet. Yeah offseason Bledsoe is nice expiring.

Then Middleton opts out then either over pay him or he walks as well most likely. Brogdon be a RFA next summer. Kinda depressing outlook going forward. Even if Parker is in a S&T I don't expect a haul. Probably be similar to the putrid Knight trade where we got misfit scrubs as in MCW, Plumlee, Ennis.

What a **** show. Even if Bulls call up Horst and offer a few pieces for Parker. Most likely Markkanen, Carter, Dunn are off the table. Then leaves us with left overs of Portis,and either Valentine or Holiday. But were maxed roster.

Or maybe a two part trade? Parker for Rolo. Then side deal of any 1 of Snell, Delly, Henson for Portis, Valentine, Holiday? Its not pretty but I don't expect much anyway in a S&T. If Parker take QO he most likely bolts next summer also QO has no trade clause.

Unless Kings can cough up a better S&T? Then side trades they do have expiring ZBO,Temple,Shumpert,Koufus. Maybe they be gullible to eat like any two of Snell, Delly, Henson in a side trade for expiring's? I wouldn't mind WCS but he's RFA next summer as well. Bucks wanted Jackson. Maybe some how we get Skal and Jackson for Parker S&T? Also Kings did have scouts watching Henson that game in Portland last season.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Still 4 rebounds a game is pathetic. Could walk around with arms up and should be able to get that. He's never been a great rebounder either. Lopez is a decent shot blocker though. Like I said for that price it's really a good deal for the Bucks. He brings spacing at the 5 which should allow Giannis driving lanes with other good shooters around him.
    It's because the shots against the Lakers defense were (almost) all going in (or blocked by Brook on his 20mins on the floor)!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast