Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,696
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    McCutchen wasn't signed by the Giants, he was traded for. I see no reason to think he isn't giving his all, if for no other reason than being an impending free agent.
    Spliff, you and L4CY are of course on the money. It was a trade. Still, as far as diversity, I had never heard anything odd coming out of our clubhouse along these lines but you guys are much closer and small things can get into the air. I wouldn't believe that Andrew would tank because he was unhappy.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Posts
    27,169
    Quote Originally Posted by WiGi1 View Post
    Spliff, you and L4CY are of course on the money. It was a trade. Still, as far as diversity, I had never heard anything odd coming out of our clubhouse along these lines but you guys are much closer and small things can get into the air. I wouldn't believe that Andrew would tank because he was unhappy.
    I know that Sandoval was unhappy with the diversity of the team and was part of why he left.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


    #MakeAmericaPeeAgain

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,518
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    I know that Sandoval was unhappy with the diversity of the team and was part of why he left.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cueto made a comment last year as well.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,664
    Tough?

    You guys live in the most liberal town in the US.

    I find it a tad bit ironic that they are complaining about diversity.

    And is it racist to not want to make white, or latino, friends?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,518
    Quote Originally Posted by pachyderm View Post
    Tough?

    You guys live in the most liberal town in the US.

    I find it a tad bit ironic that they are complaining about diversity.

    And is it racist to not want to make white, or latino, friends?
    Where did racism come in? And who is accusing any of the Giants players for being racist? No one is saying the Giants are racist. Just pointing out facts that the team isnt as diverse as it has historically been and that has been pointed out by certain players.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,696
    Quote Originally Posted by pachyderm View Post
    Tough?

    You guys live in the most liberal town in the US.

    I find it a tad bit ironic that they are complaining about diversity.

    And is it racist to not want to make white, or latino, friends?
    I respect what you say but I still find it to be an odd statement. Whether your liberal or conservative, this certainly does not mean you follow that doctrine from top to bottom. They often disagree which means everyone does not think a like on every issue. I for one, refuse to walk in lock step. I will judge these issues on their own merits. Why do you feel it ironic that a player, in this case, observes his social surroundings and makes a comment? I don't think anyone was complaining, simply commenting. You asked if it's racist to not want to make friends with a person who is White or Latino? Well, if the reason you don't want to make friends is because of their race, yeah, I would think you are treading on racist ground. One more thing. Players are moved and shuffled around so much. You could at some point, make an observation about the current diversity. I think sometimes this just happens. No machination, no planning involved. It simply just happens.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,664
    Quote Originally Posted by WiGi1 View Post
    I respect what you say but I still find it to be an odd statement. Whether your liberal or conservative, this certainly does not mean you follow that doctrine from top to bottom. They often disagree which means everyone does not think a like on every issue. I for one, refuse to walk in lock step. I will judge these issues on their own merits. Why do you feel it ironic that a player, in this case, observes his social surroundings and makes a comment? I don't think anyone was complaining, simply commenting. You asked if it's racist to not want to make friends with a person who is White or Latino? Well, if the reason you don't want to make friends is because of their race, yeah, I would think you are treading on racist ground. One more thing. Players are moved and shuffled around so much. You could at some point, make an observation about the current diversity. I think sometimes this just happens. No machination, no planning involved. It simply just happens.

    Players are worried about it being diverse?

    Play baseball and make friends of all colors and creeds.

    Why do you have to have more people like you?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,696
    Quote Originally Posted by pachyderm View Post
    Players are worried about it being diverse?

    Play baseball and make friends of all colors and creeds.

    Why do you have to have more people like you?
    Your top of the mark on both counts. Just play ball. As for color and creeds, we all will find we have more in common than not. Wanting more people like yourself is proceeding from a false assumption. Just because someone looks like me does not convert into them having the same life experiences. Pachyderm, I wished I had more education, I could then converse with you on a more intellectual basis. But, I fell these things are important and deserve more than just a word or two.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,664
    lol.

    yeah, yer mocking me that's cool.

    if a player is getting paid millions and he's worried about friends in the clubhouse you should dump him.

    it's not a church youth group.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,696
    Quote Originally Posted by pachyderm View Post
    lol.

    yeah, yer mocking me that's cool.

    if a player is getting paid millions and he's worried about friends in the clubhouse you should dump him.

    it's not a church youth group.
    Mocking you Sir? Absolutely not. You and I were having a good and civil conversation. I respect you and your opinions, I see no place for this kind of thing and I'm sorry if this is the impression you may have gotten. I'm sure there are those here who may feel this isn't the place to discuss these type issues. Maybe we should cut it loose and move on to something else. I must admit I would be sorry for this as I would enjoy hearing and elaborating on these social issues. Now what the heck can we do to make the playoffs?

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Posts
    27,169
    I think some are taking things a little to far. Nobody has said that the lack of diversity is the reason why they signed elsewhere. Some players have brought up the lack of diversity. I've seen some fans talk about is as well, especially following the 2015 season when the team seemed like they weren't having fun and had a more business like approach and weren't particularly fun to watch.

    A lot of people have pointed it out as something they hope they'd address in the sense that the lack of diversity is a negative in that it's perception hurts in being in players from Latin America, Japan, Korea etc.

    This will be the last statement on this subject. It's easy to tell someone to shut up about diversity when it doesn't effect you. Maybe listen to people more and try to understand why a more diverse clubhouse can be a positive thing beyond just being a skin tone issue.


    #MakeAmericaPeeAgain

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,518
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    I think some are taking things a little to far. Nobody has said that the lack of diversity is the reason why they signed elsewhere. Some players have brought up the lack of diversity. I've seen some fans talk about is as well, especially following the 2015 season when the team seemed like they weren't having fun and had a more business like approach and weren't particularly fun to watch.

    A lot of people have pointed it out as something they hope they'd address in the sense that the lack of diversity is a negative in that it's perception hurts in being in players from Latin America, Japan, Korea etc.

    This will be the last statement on this subject. It's easy to tell someone to shut up about diversity when it doesn't effect you. Maybe listen to people more and try to understand why a more diverse clubhouse can be a positive thing beyond just being a skin tone issue.
    Perfectly said.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,664
    we're cool then

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    I wouldn't read much into it, it looks like the goal here was to free up roster spots without having to DFA guys.

    For example:
    The goal was to shed salary and free up roster spots. The Rangers only did the deal for young talent Jason Bahr. It gets Jackson's and Gearrin's salaries off the book. What's weird is the Gs are thinking of getting Jackson back. He's not going to be any better from this. Henry Schulman says Jackson is having trouble adjusting from AL to NL and he isn't going to be any better coming back.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Modesto
    Posts
    1,503
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonbourne View Post
    The goal was to shed salary and free up roster spots. The Rangers only did the deal for young talent Jason Bahr. It gets Jackson's and Gearrin's salaries off the book. What's weird is the Gs are thinking of getting Jackson back. He's not going to be any better from this. Henry Schulman says Jackson is having trouble adjusting from AL to NL and he isn't going to be any better coming back.
    Maybe they expect Jackson to do better in his second time in the NL

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •