Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RCarlson85 View Post
    You missed Miami. As far as places to live Miami has to be near the top of the EC if not the top.
    Yeah but Pat Riley expects his players to practice hard. There are so many other teams that coddle players for no conceivable reason that the heat have no significant edge in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Milwaukee is actually really cool.
    I liked Milwaukee when I visited.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    How much of that is because players have been actively avoiding being in conference with the two greatest players of all time? And that teams gave up trying to compete with them? Prior to this summer it had been suggested that the East was just treading water until Lebron retired, which is reasonable to keep costs down for less financially stable teams if you have no chance of getting out of the 2nd round. Throw in some mismanagement from what should be powerhouse teams in BRK and NYK, and you've got a pretty reasonable explanation for the state of the East. Lebron changes landscapes. Since 2011 we've just been waiting him out.
    I think I the West has sort of turned into a studs and duds type of conference too. When you get so top heavy with more great teams, they beat the crap out of the bad teams. Compare that to the east that has the bad teams that sneak out more wins against each other. And you have a perfect storm like what happened this year. The west had probably 7 or so of the top 10 teams, but they also got 4 of the top 5 picks in the draft.

The West in general has done a better job drafting stars. And then in a league where guys team up and the West has more desirable markets that

The East has also had some injury problems too. KG hurt his knee in year 2 with Boston and was never the same. BOS would have been much better for those early Heat years if his decline was accelerated like that. We also saw injuries to Rose and PG13 chop down the Bulls/Pacers during their prime run years. Even this last year Boston likely ends Lebron’s run if Kyrie or Hayward we’re healthy.

It also hurt that two of the true carry-a-franchise stars drafted to the East in Lebron and Wade chose to team up rather than gonat things separate. Both of them with legit help made a team great and instead of two we got one.

And lastly, I think we somewhat overstate how good the West really is. Duncan’s Spurs and Kobe’s Lakers went to like all the finals with a couple of Dirks Mavs and one of Durant’s thunder sneaking in. In the East we had Lebron go ever hear with the Celtics sneaking two in and ORL getting one. The only difference is that while Duncan/Kobe split it, Lebron had them all in the East so it looked more dominant. Realistically, there really haven’t been much more true contenders in the West. Most of those teams are just Toronto’s that we glorify more.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Top 16 won’t happen, 2/3 of the league has to vote for it and there’s no reason any EC team would. I’m on the NBa board of directors.
    Don’t forget to smile today, they’re contagious!!!

They need to do the rule change before the season. It needs to be the 16 best teams this season. This will probably be the worst balance of power between conferences the league will ever see. This isn't the type of thing to put on an agenda for a few years down the line. I'm sure this will fix itself over time but this year is going to be ridiculous. I think there is only 1 team in the East that would be a sure-fire playoff team in the West in Boston. Philly would probably get in but are they honestly hands down better than; Golden State, Houston, OKC, Lakers, Spurs, Portland, Minny and Utah? Honestly I think they fit in battling for that 8th spot. Not to mention imagine what the Eastern Conference teams records could be if they played Western Conference schedules.

Just put in a hardcap and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    They need to do the rule change before the season. It needs to be the 16 best teams this season. This will probably be the worst balance of power between conferences the league will ever see. This isn't the type of thing to put on an agenda for a few years down the line. I'm sure this will fix itself over time but this year is going to be ridiculous. I think there is only 1 team in the East that would be a sure-fire playoff team in the West in Boston. Philly would probably get in but are they honestly hands down better than; Golden State, Houston, OKC, Lakers, Spurs, Portland, Minny and Utah? Honestly I think they fit in battling for that 8th spot. Not to mention imagine what the Eastern Conference teams records could be if they played Western Conference schedules.
    Yup, take out spurs and Portland and the other 6 teams could legitimately end the season looking better than the top seed in the east, which will probably be Boston.

I'm happy with Boston and Philly, they would be legit playoff contenders in the west, but also the disappointing bucks and wizards might take that step, that would be nice
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Just put in a hardcap and call it a day.
    In theory I like the east west split. A lot

Why there's been such a clear diff in talent for so long, I don't know. It's such a weird phenomenon and I don't see any possible explanation for it, lol. In none of the other 3 sports do we make the excuses that we make in basketball for the lopsided conferences
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Alignment:

Eastern conference:

Northeast: Bkn, philly, nyk, boston, toronto
    mideast: Cavs, hornets, pacers,, grizzles,Wizards
    southeast: Hawks, heat, magic, pelicans, rockets

western conference:

Northwest: Thunder, t-wolves, bucks, pistons, bulls
    midwest: Warriors, kings, jazz, nuggets, blazers
    southwest: Lakers, clippers, suns, spurs, mavericks
    Last edited by JOSKOMANG4; 07-11-2018 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JOSKOMANG4 View Post
    Alignment:

Eastern conference:

Northeast: Bkn, philly, nyk, boston, toronto
    mideast: Cavs, hornets, pacers, hornets, grizzles
    southeast: Hawks, heat, magic, pelicans, rockets

western conference:

Northwest: Thunder, t-wolves, bucks, pistons, bulls
    midwest: Warriors, kings, jazz, nuggets, blazers
    southwest: Lakers, clippers, suns, spurs, mavericks
    Indianapolis is 3 hours from Chicago if you drive -really- slow, and they end up in different conferences? Most of northern Indiana are Bulls/Cubs/Sox fans.

Go 1-16 when playoff seeding begins, that should take care of the problem
    LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

Indianapolis is 3 hours from Chicago if you drive -really- slow, and they end up in different conferences? Most of northern Indiana are Bulls/Cubs/Sox fans.
    the midwest has 6 teams, so I get one is left out. Just sucks its my Wolves, who have to travel to the Pacific NW for half their division road games.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Pistons in the West makes so much sense too....and Rockets in the East lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    No, it IS the type of thing you put on the agenda.....you can't just snap your fingers and say 'done'.
    The schedule is already out and the balance of the current schedule is by no means fair for a no-divisions league.
    Not to mention the increased cost of more traveling (as in airfare, not the game rule that's never called)

It'd make more sense to change to North and South conferences than no conferences, but even that has increased costs involved.

But the better fix to me has always been a harder cap to limit these super teams in the first place. I don't get the mindset that's any kind of fun or any kind of good for the league.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast