Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    In today's NBA Lavine is fine at $20M if healthy for a rebuilding team.

He will sell a couple jerseys. Get you a couple SC top 10 plays and give you 18-20 a night.

If healthy not an overpay.
    He hasn’t proven he’s worth the contract when healthy

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    That's a sunk cost fallacy. It doesn't matter what you traded to get him, it only matters how much he will cost going forward compared to what he will provide.
    Its a new phenomenon in the NBA to accept this position.
    Gone are the days where you trade away a star and receive equal to lesser value to feel better about the void. This ‘sunk cost fallacy’ can bury teams in future plans. It really depends on said teams because NO can get away with letting Cousins walk cause they have Davis, but Chicago has nothing but the tanking ideaology which hurts fans and makes for a long grueling season and hoping they nail the lottery.

Kings were willing to take Zach by offering him a lot of money. Chicago, being the franchise that enjoys losing, matches it. Then people wonder why the EC sucks. I bet many of us could be better GM's than the people employed today. It seems the days of actually structuring your team to win is no longer evident and GM's just rush to get anyone they see just for the sake of making a deal. I wonder what goes on in their head: "Hey, let's offer Zach Lavine $20 million per year for four years. He's totally worth it!" Like, do they have an explanation for these signings?

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Kings were willing to take Zach by offering him a lot of money. Chicago, being the franchise that enjoys losing, matches it. Then people wonder why the EC sucks. I bet many of us could be better GM's than the people employed today. It seems the days of actually structuring your team to win is no longer evident and GM's just rush to get anyone they see just for the sake of making a deal. I wonder what goes on in their head: "Hey, let's offer Zach Lavine $20 million per year for four years. He's totally worth it!" Like, do they have an explanation for these signings?
    If this was 2 years ago before the cap jump, what would you think would be a good price for Lavine?

What does he actually do well? I've never watched him play and felt like there was anything he did well with any consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    If this was 2 years ago before the cap jump, what would you think would be a good price for Lavine?
    $10 million? I mean, he's a good player but a torn ACL and coming off the worst year of his career doesn't exactly scream $20 million per year even in today's pay rate. I think a good amount would be $13 million. He's mainly a volume scorer and has terrible shot selection. He's got spurts where he looks like he can dominate games and take over but the majority of his games are inefficient shots. With that torn ACL injury, he's lost some of his explosiveness and settling for shots that aren't there.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourL View Post
    What does he actually do well? I've never watched him play and felt like there was anything he did well with any consistently.
    Jump really high.

$19.5M a year X 4, that's the overpay NBA for you.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

he can shoot from the catch and off the dribble. He is able to score in a number of ways. He could easily be one of the better scorers in the league, if you can live with his non-existent defense.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Next up for the Kings is Rodney Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Next up for the Kings is Rodney Hood.
    He fits us better. He's someone I've been hoping we'd make an offer to.

Bulls will still have around 45 mil in cap space next season and there’s an injury clause in LaVines contract. It’s really a pretty easy decision to match it. He’s young with potential and fits the Bulls young developing players. If it killed flexibility I could understand not liking the deal but it doesn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    He hasn’t proven he’s worth the contract when healthy
    He was at 19 PPG on very good efficiency before the injury.

For a rebuilding team like Sacramento and possibly the Bulls with nobody else worth paying, he is worth that if he can just duplicate that and improve his defense. Surely beats overpaying old washed vets like ZBO, George Hill, and Vince Carter again for Sactown.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    He was at 19 PPG on very good efficiency before the injury.

For a rebuilding team like Sacramento and possibly the Bulls with nobody else worth paying, he is worth that if he can just duplicate that and improve his defense. Surely beats overpaying old washed vets like ZBO, George Hill, and Vince Carter again for Sactown.
    I mean, look at some of the names that make around that money haha. A 24 year old with scoring ability and upside making that much is a lot better than Allen Crabbe, or Ryan Anderson making it..

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

He's done everything you want a 2 guard to do, but you are absolutely right, he's never done any of it with consistency.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123