Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    that's the key point though. if you want to play like you are in the category of a Jordan, Kobe, Wade or Lebron, you are going to be expected to match their level of excellence. that's the self awareness part that Melo has never exhibited.
    Makes sense, but the reality is he's not at that level, and you and I know the reality. So why call him a loser because he thinks he's that good? We can still know where his place is while not being as good as them. Which is still in the HOF...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    hes only a hall of famer bcuz the criteria includes Olympic and college ball. strictly NBA no hes not a HOFer. Again, making the playoffs isnt some big accomplishment and out of those 11 appearances he only saw HCA 4 times.
    LOL a career 24 ppg scorer worth just over 100 wins and a 10x allstar been to the playoffs 11 years, 10 years as the #1 option

bro get a clue, i get you hate melo, but that statement is asinine. you've turned into a worse version of MTM

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by AIMelo=KillaDUO View Post
    I'll take that, but you're also shoving them aside as if they don't mean anything. He's not gonna get into the HOF by accident...

Would they have won more than 17 games? Sure! Made the playoffs, no. I understand what Carmelo is today, what his role should or shouldn't be. I'm not saying he's still as good today, as he was 5 years ago. Obviously he won't be leading a team anywhere regardless of where he signs this summer.
    to be fair, it's the basketball HOF. His 1 year at Cuse, and Olympic play, coupled with his all star appearances, are getting him in no problem. He has never been an all timer NBA player. Not to say he shouldn't be in the HOF, but they way they do it is stupid to me...

Melo just isn't a top tier guy, and he never understood that. It's always been my problem with him. We watch Manu Ginoboli come off the bench and sacrifice being a guy we talked about on Melo's level, but we would never see Melo do anything like that. He is a me first guy, not a team first guy. And with his capabilities, that simply means he isn't going to win **** in the worlds best league.

Its funny, your user name is a combo of 2 players who have star numbers, but were limited by themselves more than anything.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

hes only a hall of famer bcuz the criteria includes Olympic and college ball. strictly NBA no hes not a HOFer. Again, making the playoffs isnt some big accomplishment and out of those 11 appearances he only saw HCA 4 times.
    even if we removed NCAA/FIBA, Melo easily gets into the HOF. But he is much closer to Bosh than he is Bron/Wade.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Wow... your holding against him that he only had HCA 4 of those 11 playoff of appearances?

Take away his national championship and his gold medals, (for arguments sake). He's in the top 25 in all time NBA scoring and every player in the top 25 in scoring is or will be in the HOF. So............... you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    even if we removed NCAA/FIBA, Melo easily gets into the HOF. But he is much closer to Bosh than he is Bron/Wade.
    not a bad comparison career wise, i was thinking more Paul Pierce. Both players stats are pretty similar especially in their primes

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    to be fair, it's the basketball HOF. His 1 year at Cuse, and Olympic play, coupled with his all star appearances, are getting him in no problem. He has never been an all timer NBA player. Not to say he shouldn't be in the HOF, but they way they do it is stupid to me...

Melo just isn't a top tier guy, and he never understood that. It's always been my problem with him. We watch Manu Ginoboli come off the bench and sacrifice being a guy we talked about on Melo's level, but we would never see Melo do anything like that. He is a me first guy, not a team first guy. And with his capabilities, that simply means he isn't going to win **** in the worlds best league.

Its funny, your user name is a combo of 2 players who have star numbers, but were limited by themselves more than anything.
    Not an ATG player, sure. I buy that, but an ATG scorer, yes. That in itself is a great thing.

As the main guy will he ever win a ring? No. (obviously talking while in his prime). Now, I do think he will accept a lesser role with Houston. I think it was just in OKC he wasn't willing to accept that role, cuz the bench wasn't that good, there was no one better than him, who he'd be backing up. Now, if he signs in Miami. I'll take that backlash from everyone on here. I'll be dissapointed. I was dissapointed when he opted in.

Not an ATG player, sure. I buy that, but an ATG scorer, yes. That in itself is a great thing.

As the main guy will he ever win a ring? No. (obviously talking while in his prime). Now, I do think he will accept a lesser role with Houston. I think it was just in OKC he wasn't willing to accept that role, cuz the bench wasn't that good, there was no one better than him, who he'd be backing up. Now, if he signs in Miami. I'll take that backlash from everyone on here. I'll be dissapointed. I was dissapointed when he opted in.
    as one of the few Melo fans on this board, I disagree with this assesment. Hes gonna be the same attitude as OKC. Have you seen Houstons bench? They played about 7 guys in the playoffs, and they lost Ariza one of the main 7 playing in the playoffs. They lost Luc as well but Luc didnt play in the playoffs.

With how weak Houstons bench looked in the playoffs (outside of EG and Gerald Green) I cant see Melo accepting a bench or lesser role. Hes gonna see CP3 and Harden jack up shots and hes gonna want to do the same. I dont see a bench role for Melo if he goes to one of the 3 rumored teams (Heat/Rockets/Lakers) I see him wanting to start in every scenario

I dont think Melo thinks he should come off the bench, Melo still sees himself as an elite scorer (which I dont blame him, hes got to think that as an athlete and a competitor or he lost)

First Sim League Title!

Yeah... I know half a dozen posters have already addressed this, but this post is really, really wrong. In the history of the NBA, go find me every guy who was capable of averaging 24/7/3 over 15 years, going to 12 All-Star games, making six All-NBA teams, topping 25,000 career points and winning a scoring title. Now, how many of those guys aren't in the Hall of Fame? Zero.

Like him or not, Melo is a top 100 all-time player. IMO, he's roughly on the same level as offensively-minded wings like Dominique Wilkins, Alex English, Adrian Dantley and George Gervin who could put up numbers but never accomplished anything in the playoffs. I'd rank him behind Wilkins, Gervin and Dantley, but probably ahead of English.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    as one of the few Melo fans on this board, I disagree with this assesment. Hes gonna be the same attitude as OKC. Have you seen Houstons bench? They played about 7 guys in the playoffs, and they lost Ariza one of the main 7 playing in the playoffs. They lost Luc as well but Luc didnt play in the playoffs.

With how weak Houstons bench looked in the playoffs (outside of EG and Gerald Green) I cant see Melo accepting a bench or lesser role. Hes gonna see CP3 and Harden jack up shots and hes gonna want to do the same. I dont see a bench role for Melo if he goes to one of the 3 rumored teams (Heat/Rockets/Lakers) I see him wanting to start in every scenario

I dont think Melo thinks he should come off the bench, Melo still sees himself as an elite scorer (which I dont blame him, hes got to think that as an athlete and a competitor or he lost)
    See, I think he'll actually start in Houston, but a lesser role thats expected of him, basically, to go against the grain with what he's been perceived as throught his career, and basically everything i've been discussing with a few guys on this forum. I really do think(hope) he will. because he has a chance to silence his ciritcs and really end his career on a high note. and could still off a ton of value if he accepts a reduced role. He respects CP, and James, He HAS to understand he's not ahead of them. this isn't his team... Thats what I meant by accepting a lesser role. Sorry, I wasn't very clear.

HEd still make the HOF
    Donít forget to smile today, theyíre contagious!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    LOL a career 24 ppg scorer worth just over 100 wins and a 10x allstar been to the playoffs 11 years, 10 years as the #1 option

bro get a clue, i get you hate melo, but that statement is asinine. you've turned into a worse version of MTM
    i do not hate melo, jsut bcuz you dont like my opinion doesnt mean i hate a player. he was always a 1 dimensional scorer throughout his career, he hasnt done **** in the league but be a high volume scorer which is the easiest thing for any player to excel at in the NBA given the opportunity. All star games are a popularity contest heavily influenced by casual fans who think chcukers are good bcuz they score a lot.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

i do not hate melo, jsut bcuz you dont like my opinion doesnt mean i hate a player. he was always a 1 dimensional scorer throughout his career, he hasnt done **** in the league but be a high volume scorer which is the easiest thing for any player to excel at in the NBA given the opportunity. All star games are a popularity contest heavily influenced by casual fans who think chcukers are good bcuz they score a lot.
    have fun being really wrong on that subject (melo and HOF) that proved to me your bball iq which is 0 because your posts arent stats or what the player has done based its on how you feel

First Sim League Title!

Makes sense, but the reality is he's not at that level, and you and I know the reality. So why call him a loser because he thinks he's that good? We can still know where his place is while not being as good as them. Which is still in the HOF...
    i'm not going to debate HOF credentials because he will certainly get in. the basketball HOF is a little messed up though, it basically rewards scoring quite disproportionately to everything else. but players are supposed to get smarter as they get older, and humbled by failure. you would expect him to reach a point where he looks at his numbers on the stat sheets and says what gives, i am just doing what Jordan did, why am i not winning like he is? commitment to the defensive end. passing for reasons other than being denied getting to your spot or being able to create something within the 24 seconds on the clock are great reasons.

it's one stat but take a look at win shares per 48 mins (Career)

lebron .238
    paul .251
    durant .219
    curry .208
    nowitzki .196

now lets go wayyy down the list

v. carter .134 (despite taking a depth role almost a decade ago!)
    c. anthony .128
    a. iverson .126

he has never provided much value on the court, other than entertainment value.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i'm not going to debate HOF credentials because he will certainly get in. the basketball HOF is a little messed up though, it basically rewards scoring quite disproportionately to everything else. but players are supposed to get smarter as they get older, and humbled by failure. you would expect him to reach a point where he looks at his numbers on the stat sheets and says what gives, i am just doing what Jordan did, why am i not winning like he is? commitment to the defensive end. passing for reasons other than being denied getting to your spot or being able to create something within the 24 seconds on the clock are great reasons.

it's one stat but take a look at win shares per 48 mins (Career)

lebron .238
    paul .251
    durant .219
    curry .208
    nowitzki .196

now lets go wayyy down the list

v. carter .134 (despite taking a depth role almost a decade ago!)
    c. anthony .128
    a. iverson .126

he has never provided much value on the court, other than entertainment value.
    and I hope he's reached that point. Trust me, man. It's embarrassing for me as a fan to try to defend him after the season he just had.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast