Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Rockets locked down James Ennis today. It will be interesting to see how he and Melo would work into the rotation if Melo does ultimately sign. But if the Rockets end up getting Ennis and Melo, I can't imaging they'll get Nick Young as well. Between Harden, Paul, Gordon, Melo, Ennis, Green, Tucker, Ryno, Capela and Nene, that's 10 guys right there. And seven of them are guards and wings.
    Ennis is an underrated pick up for you all, he was 1 of my favorite players on the Heat. Any news on iso Joe? Yea I don’t think y’all get young if you get Melo and vice versa so will be interesting to see how that plays out before Melo is bought out.
    Don’t forget to smile today, they’re contagious!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AIMelo=KillaDUO View Post
    Not good enough to lead a great team how? to a championship????

So, was Paul Peirce a loser (before KG)?
    john Stockton?
    Karl Malone?
    Wilkins?
    Clyde Drexler (in Portloand)?
    CP?
    all the guys you mention fit the first part of my statement. but it's the second part that defines his failure as a pro. as it did Iverson, and yes Wilkins. not so, with Malone, Stockton, Paul and Pierce.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Not good enough to lead a great team how? to a championship????

So, was Paul Peirce a loser (before KG)?
    john Stockton?
    Karl Malone?
    Wilkins?
    Clyde Drexler (in Portloand)?
    CP?
    It is very obvious what he meant by that. Compare Melo to LeBron and Wade.. you see leadership responsibility and accountability. Melo has none of that. He wants to be treated like the best but does not play like the best. You mentioning Stockton, Malone, Wilkins, Drexler = irrelevant. You don't have to win a championship but at least show some leadership and professional qualities that a superstar should.

Houston signs a sf, Miami cuts a player. Hmmmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Houston signs a sf, Miami cuts a player. Hmmmmm.....
    Yeah, but to be fair, if you had $122 million on the books for next season and your best player was Goran Dragic, you'd probably be looking to cut some players, too.

I don't think those two actions really tell us anything...

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Yeah, but to be fair, if you had $122 million on the books for next season and your best player was Goran Dragic, you'd probably be looking to cut some players, too.

I don't think those two actions really tell us anything...
    Maybe so but I feel we’ll see something happen tomorrow or by the end of the week. Derozans actions makes me think there’s something in the works there.

HAha. So Rookie Carmelo was just as good as 2013 Carmelo? or 2008 Melo? you're high, bro. Simply. Denver didn't trade him because they wanted him gone... they traded him because they had to, he was going to walk away, and they woulda lost him for nothing.

The Nuggets have won over 40 games only 3 times since Carmelo's been gone... so, for you to say Denver got better in Carmelo's absence, is a lie.

Denver having a significantly better roster in 2003-2004 than in 2002-2003 is also a lie. They would NOT have made the playoffs if Carmelo wasn't on the team. simply.

So, again, how is Carmelo a loser?
    Melo came into the league physically matured, and yes, he didn't get a whole lot better. He was an all star talent for most of his career, but Denver couldn't win with him as a #1 (nobody could).

uh, the 2002 teams best player was Juwan Howard, who was an average starting NBA player. Camby missed most the season, a rookie Nene was their 2nd best player, and they started guys named Junior Harrington, and Donnel Harvey. James Posey played 25 games for them. 10 different players started 19 games or more for that team, they were in shambles.

Melo joined a healthy Camby, a newly acquired Andre Miller (in his peak), Voshon Leonard, Nene in his 2nd year, and a team that saw all 5 starters play at least 70 games.

Melo was a great addition, but he was far from the reason that team made the huge jump. A healthy Camby was morphing into a perennial all defensive team member, they acquired an excellent PG who never missed games in Miller, and saw health.

yes, Melo gets waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much credit for Denver's huge jump. He doesn't win at the NBA level. You are looking at the modern day Dominique Wilkins. Literally.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Melo came into the league physically matured, and yes, he didn't get a whole lot better. He was an all star talent for most of his career, but Denver couldn't win with him as a #1 (nobody could).

uh, the 2002 teams best player was Juwan Howard, who was an average starting NBA player. Camby missed most the season, a rookie Nene was their 2nd best player, and they started guys named Junior Harrington, and Donnel Harvey. James Posey played 25 games for them. 10 different players started 19 games or more for that team, they were in shambles.

Melo joined a healthy Camby, a newly acquired Andre Miller (in his peak), Voshon Leonard, Nene in his 2nd year, and a team that saw all 5 starters play at least 70 games.

Melo was a great addition, but he was far from the reason that team made the huge jump. A healthy Camby was morphing into a perennial all defensive team member, they acquired an excellent PG who never missed games in Miller, and saw health.

yes, Melo gets waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much credit for Denver's huge jump. He doesn't win at the NBA level. You are looking at the modern day Dominique Wilkins. Literally.
    He's made the playoffs 11 of 14 seasons... How is that not winning? Is it because he hasnt won a championship?

Again, subtract Melo from that 03-04 Denver team, do they make the playoffs? The answer is no. I'm not saying Carmelo is the ONLY reason they made the playoffs that year, but it was definitely the main reason. I still don't get how he's a loser. He's got the resume... I'm not making this stuff up. So I really really don't understand. Sorry. What loser is a 1st ballot HOFer?? What loser has litterally damn near accomplished everything in the NBA besides win a championship?

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    It is very obvious what he meant by that. Compare Melo to LeBron and Wade.. you see leadership responsibility and accountability. Melo has none of that. He wants to be treated like the best but does not play like the best. You mentioning Stockton, Malone, Wilkins, Drexler = irrelevant. You don't have to win a championship but at least show some leadership and professional qualities that a superstar should.
    But thats the thing, why are you comparing him to LeBron and Wade? It's clear those guys are better. Accountability and responsibility. Carmelo took EVERY bit of critisism on the chin while he was in NY. Leadership, is anohther thing. Carmelo is not that vocal leader... and just because he's not a leader, doesn't mean he's a loser. There's a ton of guys who aren't leaders, you're litterally comparing him to dudes, who are on the mount rushmore of basketball. Carmelo is not the greatest forward ever, nor am I claiming him to be, but the dude has had a great NBA career. He's not LeBron, he's not Jordan. He's Carmelo, take that for what it is. Which is still a 1st ballot HOFer.
    Last edited by AIMelo=KillaDUO; 07-12-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    all of those guys you just noted are/were better players and most are damn better Defenders... Not a winning player to me is exactly melo because he never adjusted to the NBA or in a game and never ever took his training seriously like other guys... It was always come in and watch me score with a ton of ISO while playing no defense... He is trash... People are trying to dance around or sugar coat it... He HAD all the potential in the world and he would have been a much better player if his prime happened in the 90s or early 2000s but in todays game his style of basketball/work ethic is trash.
    The guys I mentioned are almost irrelevant in the sense, that, that wasn't my point. those players mentioned most didn't have rings. at some point, so I was trying to see if thats why he's a loser, because Melo doesn't have a ring, because it certainly isn't his winning % that makes him a loser. or his 10 AS teams. or his All Nba''s.

So, Carmelo, in your eyes, is a loser because he has a bad work ethic, and didn't take his training seriously? Yet, he still managed, to become a 1st ballot HOFer. He practically accomplished everything there is to accomplish in the NBA. Trash players don't make the HOF, bro. The resume speaks for itself.

Is he trash, today? Maybe... but he's also a little up there in age, where it's not a fair assessment, to discredit EVERYTHING he's accomplished and hold this one bad season over his head.
    Last edited by AIMelo=KillaDUO; 07-12-2018 at 10:19 AM.

He's made the playoffs 11 of 14 seasons... How is that not winning? Is it because he hasnt won a championship?

Again, subtract Melo from that 03-04 Denver team, do they make the playoffs? The answer is no. I'm not saying Carmelo is the ONLY reason they made the playoffs that year, but it was definitely the main reason. I still don't get how he's a loser. He's got the resume... I'm not making this stuff up. So I really really don't understand. Sorry. What loser is a 1st ballot HOFer?? What loser has litterally damn near accomplished everything in the NBA besides win a championship?
    An all star level player with multiple good players on his team will make the playoffs. What did Denver do once they got there?

Would that team make the playoffs? No. Would they have won a lot more than 17 games? Oh yeah.

You don't win NBA championships with high volume scorers who don't do much else as your best player. That is proven. Melo is exactly this. If he can accept a 6th man role (meaning, accept you aren't one of your teams best players dude), perhaps his team can succeed.

You seem to put Melo's accomplishments way higher than they are. How do you really think he will be remembered? Again, he is Wilkins, which is nice, but nothing special. You don't win chips with guys like Melo leading the charge. Not in the NBA. In college, when you are physically light years ahead of everyone else? Sure.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    not good enough to lead a great NBA team, not smart enough to realize it.
    perfectly put.

But thats the thing, why are you comparing him to LeBron and Wade? It's clear those guys are better. Accountability and responsibility. Carmelo took EVERY bit of critisism on the chin while he was in NY. Leadership, is anohther thing. Carmelo is not that vocal leader... and just because he's not a leader, doesn't mean he's a loser. There's a ton of guys who aren't leaders, you're litterally comparing him to dudes, who are on the mount rushmore of basketball. Carmelo is not the greatest forward ever, nor am I claiming him to be, but the dude has had a great NBA career. He's not LeBron, he's not Jordan. He's Carmelo, take that for what it is. Which is still a 1st ballot HOFer.
    that's the key point though. if you want to play like you are in the category of a Jordan, Kobe, Wade or Lebron, you are going to be expected to match their level of excellence. that's the self awareness part that Melo has never exhibited.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    An all star level player with multiple good players on his team will make the playoffs. What did Denver do once they got there?

Would that team make the playoffs? No. Would they have won a lot more than 17 games? Oh yeah.

You don't win NBA championships with high volume scorers who don't do much else as your best player. That is proven. Melo is exactly this. If he can accept a 6th man role (meaning, accept you aren't one of your teams best players dude), perhaps his team can succeed.

You seem to put Melo's accomplishments way higher than they are. How do you really think he will be remembered? Again, he is Wilkins, which is nice, but nothing special. You don't win chips with guys like Melo leading the charge. Not in the NBA. In college, when you are physically light years ahead of everyone else? Sure.
    I'll take that, but you're also shoving them aside as if they don't mean anything. He's not gonna get into the HOF by accident...

Would they have won more than 17 games? Sure! Made the playoffs, no. I understand what Carmelo is today, what his role should or shouldn't be. I'm not saying he's still as good today, as he was 5 years ago. Obviously he won't be leading a team anywhere regardless of where he signs this summer.

hes only a hall of famer bcuz the criteria includes Olympic and college ball. strictly NBA no hes not a HOFer. Again, making the playoffs isnt some big accomplishment and out of those 11 appearances he only saw HCA 4 times.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast