Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I donít care how good Manny is, heís not worth a top 50 prospect. If he is then the Mets should get 5x as much for Thor or DeGrom. Or at least the same for Wheeler.

He should get roughly the same as JD did last year.
    And yet, the Orioles are going to miraculously get that, in part thanks to the Mets for their refusal to trade deGrom. With the dearth of options to improve SP, the price for Machado is going higher because of the amount of impact it will provide, and in part is helping the club make up for the mistake of not trading him this off-season.

could yall see the rangers trade cole Hamels and maybe trade for a pitcher like zach wheeler for the future

Itís funny how the Mets have 4 pitchers they can deal, but as a Mets fan I want to keep them and just fix the pen next year.

Familia should net them something decent. I donít expect much for Cabrera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what would reasonable offers for Britton or Hand be for a contender?

Britton is also a free agent to be.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Hand probably nets an organization's top prospect, given the control under his new contract and how relievers are currently valued.

Britton's value depends on how well he continues to pitch, and also how much of his remaining salary the Orioles might eat. If he continues to pitch well and the Orioles eat most of his money, they could get a Colin Moran type back- but not the package deal they could've had last year.

Personally as an Orioles fan, I know it's a big risk for Britton, but he's worth considering as a QO candidate, especially if we are going to cut payroll next year and not compete.

A top 60 prospect sounds reasonable.

I donít care how good Manny is, heís not worth a top 50 prospect. If he is then the Mets should get 5x as much for Thor or DeGrom. Or at least the same for Wheeler.

Degrom should get a team's top prospect back. He's elite. You are way overvaluing Zach Wheeler though.

Lol at valuing Wheeler the same as Machado

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

what is the different between hand and kela from the rangers I cant understand the value of the relievers

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Degrom should get a team's top prospect back. He's elite. You are way overvaluing Zach Wheeler though.
    DeGrom should get teams top 2 prospects because of the fact that he has 2 years+ left.

Wheeler should get you a top prospect depending on how high he is on rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    DeGrom should get teams top 2 prospects because of the fact that he has 2 years+ left.

Wheeler should get you a top prospect depending on how high he is on rankings.

Are we watching the same Zack Wheeler?

4.44 ERA, 3.73 FIP, 115 ERA-, 92 FIP-

In what has been his first healthy season since 2014, and he wasn't good last year in his abbreviated season for 1.5 years of control?

Think more like a teams top 3-7 prospect, or a top 125-200 level prospect in the entire game.

He isn't getting you a top 50 prospect.

Machado should net the O's a package better (or around that) than the Yankees got from the Cubs for Chapman two years ago.

Torres was the mid-season 36th best prospect by MLB.com
    Got Warren back (who was having the worst time of his career at the moment, but a solid middle reliever with about 3 years of control
    And McKinney, the Cubs pre-season number 8 prospect (by Sickels), but not a top 100 prospect

For Machado, think a top 50 prospect, an organizational top 10, and either two lower level prospects or a useful, but controllable position player/reliever (not great). And that's the minimum. The difference with Machado is how many teams can use him (Brewers, Dodgers, Yankees, Phillies, Braves all can really use him).

For Wheeler?

Think more like Domingo Santana or Brett Phillips
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 07-15-2018 at 09:19 PM.

I'm drooling at the though of a bidding war for Machado but I just feel the Orioles FO is too incompetent to not screw this up.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Lol at valuing Wheeler the same as Machado

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Machado is under contract for half a year, Wheeler for a year and a half. Wheeler is almost certain to provide more value for a team than Machado. On top of that, people are speculating that JA Happ will net a top 50 prospect.

lol if Chapman can get Gleyber ****ing Torres then no reason Wheeer canít get a #75 overall prospect.

If Machado gets something similar to Torres then the market will officially be broken.

Are we watching the same Zack Wheeler?

4.44 ERA, 3.73 FIP, 115 ERA-, 92 FIP-

In what has been his first healthy season since 2014, and he wasn't good last year in his abbreviated season for 1.5 years of control?

Think more like a teams top 3-7 prospect, or a top 125-200 level prospect in the entire game.

He isn't getting you a top 50 prospect.

Machado should net the O's a package better (or around that) than the Yankees got from the Cubs for Chapman two years ago.

Torres was the mid-season 36th best prospect by MLB.com
    Got Warren back (who was having the worst time of his career at the moment, but a solid middle reliever with about 3 years of control
    And McKinney, the Cubs pre-season number 8 prospect (by Sickels), but not a top 100 prospect

For Machado, think a top 50 prospect, an organizational top 10, and either two lower level prospects or a useful, but controllable position player/reliever (not great). And that's the minimum. The difference with Machado is how many teams can use him (Brewers, Dodgers, Yankees, Phillies, Braves all can really use him).

For Wheeler?

Think more like Domingo Santana or Brett Phillips
    So teams are willing going to give up a superstar prospect for a rental? I donít buy it. Machado should not cost THAT much, he should get something similar to JD Martinez if that. A bunch of lower ranked guys in or outside the top 30.

Machado is horrendous defensively at shortstop, itís not even like youíre getting a 5 tool player and considering heís spoiled enough to wanna play short even though he sucks, his value really shouldnít be that high. There are better third base options out there like Moustakas that can be had for much less.

As for Wheeler? Not like thereís many starters out there who can throw hard nonetheless sport a lowish FIP. Whatever JA Happ gets - the considered best starter on the market, Wheeler should get more. A #75 overall prospect is pretty reasonable but since itís the Mets, theyíll probably still get low balled by everyone lol.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast