Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Randle @ $9M / year
    Lavine @ $19.5 / year

What the hell did the latter do for his team last season?
    I think that was an overpay, even if lavine didn't have a serious injury.. I think honestly lavine is just a flashy player. He can dunk on anyone and is also a pretty good 3 point shooter. It might not necessarily add up on the basketball court, but flashy players like that make franchises big money because they are usually fan favorites.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

we'll need Kuzma and Ingram to be 20ppg scorers (which I believe can happen) we won't be able to out-shoot them/ beat them at their game but we can sure as hell out hustle and out-defend them. I am very excited about this season, Lonzo/Rondo going to create easy baskets for everyone.

We will need to pray for multiple injuries to key Golden State players and then play amazing defense and hit big shots. We're not beating Golden State this year.

the odds are definitely stacked against us but I'm not throwing in the towel yet, the games still have to be played. We match up well with them defensively, Houston gave them fits by switching on them defensively and our team looks better built this year to do the same thing. Houston lost Mbah and Ariza both big losses. I think we're the second best team in the West and easily a 50+ win team.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    the odds are definitely stacked against us but I'm not throwing in the towel yet, the games still have to be played. We match up well with them defensively, Houston gave them fits by switching on them defensively and our team looks better built this year to do the same thing. Houston lost Mbah and Ariza both big losses. I think we're the second best team in the West and easily a 50+ win team.
    yes I definitely agree with you. Its a long season a lot of things can happen. those key pieces you mentioned are two of Huston's best defenders that would guard Durant curry green and Thompson
    all of our young players have good height and length lonzo 6'6 kcp 6'5 ingram 6'9 still growing
    kyle kuzma 6'9
    josh hart 6'5 we have youth on our side. golden state are better at shooting. but they are also older iguadala showed that getting injured this past playoffs and not being able to recover as fast as he once was when was considered a durable nba iron man at one point. they are more prone to injuries and taking longer to recover.

Houstons injury history also a factor between eric Gordon,chris paul, ryan Anderson those are very injury prone players.

We barely missed being a top 10 team defense this year because of injuries and lack of depth having to play Ennis for 9 games for example ... (0-9) Before figuring out we can play Ingram at point too...

Adding in Stephenson/Rondo/McGee/Lebron to that young core is sexy *** hell. We've potentially have a top 5 defense this year, that can switch everything up on defense with all that length

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Hells Yea.. I've been waiting for them to start focusing on defense for so long, last year was a nice step in the right direction and I think they are continuing on the right path
    Last edited by jaydubb; 07-11-2018 at 09:19 PM.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Hells Yea.. I've been waiting for them to start focusing on defense for so long, last year was a nice step in the right direction and I think they are continuing on the right path

Mike Bresnahan

Verified account

@Mike_Bresnahan
    8h8 hours ago

Pelinka wanted tough two-way players, referencing KCP, Lance and Rondo signings.

He paid homage to GS + then said, “One of the ways to affect what they have is with defensive toughness. We saw that in the Houston series.

“To try to beat the Warriors at their own game is a trap”

People forget Pelinka played with big time ballers at Michigan...including the Fab 5 team...He knows the game from on and off the court angles...

As a guard, Pelinka became the first Michigan Wolverine to reach three NCAA Tournament Final Fours during his Michigan Wolverines career.[47] He played in the 1988–89, 1990–91, 1991–92, and 1992–93 seasons; the team reached the championship game of the Final Four in all of those seasons except 1990–91. As a true freshman member of the 1988–89 National Champions, his teammates included Glen Rice, Terry Mills, Loy Vaught, Rumeal Robinson, Sean Higgins, Demetrius Calip, and Mark Hughes.[48] As a redshirt member of the 1991–92 and 1992–93 national runners-up, his teammates included Chris Webber, Juwan Howard, Jalen Rose, Jimmy King, Ray Jackson (the Fab Five), and Eric Riley. He was one of several upperclassmen on the Fab Five teams and served as co-captain of the 1992–93 team.[49][50] As a scholar, he was noted for having a grade point average that rivaled his scoring average.[8]

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco007 View Post
    People forget Pelinka played with big time ballers at Michigan...including the Fab 5 team...He knows the game from on and off the court angles...

As a guard, Pelinka became the first Michigan Wolverine to reach three NCAA Tournament Final Fours during his Michigan Wolverines career.[47] He played in the 1988–89, 1990–91, 1991–92, and 1992–93 seasons; the team reached the championship game of the Final Four in all of those seasons except 1990–91. As a true freshman member of the 1988–89 National Champions, his teammates included Glen Rice, Terry Mills, Loy Vaught, Rumeal Robinson, Sean Higgins, Demetrius Calip, and Mark Hughes.[48] As a redshirt member of the 1991–92 and 1992–93 national runners-up, his teammates included Chris Webber, Juwan Howard, Jalen Rose, Jimmy King, Ray Jackson (the Fab Five), and Eric Riley. He was one of several upperclassmen on the Fab Five teams and served as co-captain of the 1992–93 team.[49][50] As a scholar, he was noted for having a grade point average that rivaled his scoring average.[8]
    Who forgets?

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Mike Bresnahan

Verified account

@Mike_Bresnahan
    8h8 hours ago

Pelinka wanted tough two-way players, referencing KCP, Lance and Rondo signings.

He paid homage to GS + then said, “One of the ways to affect what they have is with defensive toughness. We saw that in the Houston series.

“To try to beat the Warriors at their own game is a trap”
    Been saying this for years.. The way to beat the warriors isn't to try to beat them at their own game. I like the way the lakers are building their roster, versatile defensive minded players

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Been saying this for years.. The way to beat the warriors isn't to try to beat them at their own game. I like the way the lakers are building their roster, versatile defensive minded players

One of the main reasons why I believe we trade for Leonard. One of the best defenders over past 5 years.

Pity we don’t have a spare 10M either. Marcus Smart, even though he’s not a good shot, he’s a brilliant on ball defender and would have the GSW guards in fits.

Quote Originally Posted by DownUnder View Post
    One of the main reasons why I believe we trade for Leonard. One of the best defenders over past 5 years.

Pity we don’t have a spare 10M either. Marcus Smart, even though he’s not a good shot, he’s a brilliant on ball defender and would have the GSW guards in fits.
    Kawhi and LeBron would be lethal.. I don't think the current lakers team could beat the warriors, but kawhi and LeBron has a good chance

Your baby can't do this

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast