Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by markbutter View Post
    Yeah. Thanks.

No doubt the emphasis will be on those 3. It is tough to evaluate anyone in summer league, but would have liked to see how Luke handled PG - if for no other reason than the tenacity of the D played -- since guys are trying to make an impression -- would have helped Luke.

Don't know who has money left under the cap - ala Philly taking W. Chandler - to drop Leuer, Galloway or perhaps Ish. One of the things that Casey was criticized about prior to last season was a set offense - hence my belief he's more sold on Calderon as backup vs. Ish. It may be just an insurance policy should Reggie go down and have Calderon start and bring Ish in. At 36 there's no way he's playing consistent starter minutes. Divided 20/20/8 with Luke taking the 8 or something would be max IMHO.

I can see us making a deal at the deadline, once Leuer shows he's healthy and Galloway gets some burn to help / hopefully increase their value. OTOH, maybe they play well enough we don't. Given Leuer sat out last season, he didn't have the wear and tear on his body and with Blake, he'd be expected to go back to his reserve role minutes. If he can give us a decent 15-20 mins per night, 10M isn't too bad. 96 mins total at the 4/5, with Blake and Dre each playing 35, it leaves about 10 minutes of ???

I don't see where anyone in the east had a signing (yet) that made you go Oh snap.
    Health being everything, I see this team at least with 45 wins and hopefully pushing 50. Thing is, with LeBron in LA - and people are tickled pink here - teams will make deals thinking they can get to the finals. Bos & Philly are obviously on top. With Tor next, but it's pretty wide open from there.
    Agreed, the biggest East signing IMO is probably Tyreke Evans to the Pacers... I think this vaults Indy into the Top 4 of the East (that and the Cavs falling in the basement).

The East is pretty jumbled once you look past the 6ers, Celtics, and maybe Raptors. Currently I think we're Top 6, I would be shocked if we're relatively healthy & we still fail to make the playoffs. In my opinion, if there's an opportunity to snag an all-star caliber player without mortgaging the future we should go for it if Gores is serious about winning now. Obviously we won't win a title, but even making the ECF and getting swept Casey style would be a huge improvement compared to the previous decade of Pistons mediocrity.

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Agreed, the biggest East signing IMO is probably Tyreke Evans to the Pacers... I think this vaults Indy into the Top 4 of the East (that and the Cavs falling in the basement).

The East is pretty jumbled once you look past the 6ers, Celtics, and maybe Raptors. Currently I think we're Top 6, I would be shocked if we're relatively healthy & we still fail to make the playoffs. In my opinion, if there's an opportunity to snag an all-star caliber player without mortgaging the future we should go for it if Gores is serious about winning now. Obviously we won't win a title, but even making the ECF and getting swept Casey style would be a huge improvement compared to the previous decade of Pistons mediocrity.
    Yes, Tyreke Evans and now with Quinn, who's a decent backup and I think AlJeff was waived.

With Philly, losing Belinelli (26 mins, 38% from 3 & 14PPG) and Illyasova (24mins, 36% and 11PPG) I think will really hurt them because they opened up the floor for Simmons to do his thing along with Reddick. I think those guys will be missed more than has been talked about - as I got a trial membership to Sirius and listen to NBA channel commuting. They better hope Fultz got rid of the yips.

veteran Spanish leadership is what this team needs to succeed

Quote Originally Posted by shy24 View Post
    veteran Spanish leadership is what this team needs to succeed
    you're looking for the Tigers forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12