Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 398 of 447 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408 ... LastLast
Results 5,956 to 5,970 of 6702
  1. #5956
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    56,780
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    so if that were the case, why is that when the person started shooting the video? and why would they only post that part?
    You really need to ask these questions? Come on now, Site. I'm pretty sure you're smarter than this. People edit video clips all the time in an effort to bolster their narrative. You know: show the parts that support your position and chop out that which does not.

    This is really basic stuff. I'm not saying that is certainly the case with the video clip in question but the type of deceitful editing I described is far from rare.

  2. #5957
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,945
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You really need to ask these questions? Come on now, Site. I'm pretty sure you're smarter than this. People edit video clips all the time in an effort to bolster their narrative. You know: show the parts that support your position and chop out that which does not.

    This is really basic stuff. I'm not saying that is certainly the case with the video clip in question but the type of deceitful editing I described is far from rare.
    I'm well aware....lost track of who'd posted it online and why
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  3. #5958
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    56,780
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I'm well aware....lost track of who'd posted it online and why
    You're well aware? Could have fooled me.



    Who posted it makes little to no difference to the point I was making. Of course you'd expect a more trustworthy source to not be using misleading tactics like this but anyone is capable of it, whether on purpose or by accident.

  4. #5959
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    56,780
    Good example right here with part of the same video that Brewers shared yesterday (and was so quick to try to make a martyr out of someone who was clearly starting **** themselves):


  5. #5960
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,238
    Nah Brewers video actually just had more included in the one he shared as it started before that and continued all the way through, that part was in the video he shared though.

    It's all dumb/bad though both what that guy did and what happened to him.

  6. #5961
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    56,780
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Nah Brewers video actually just had more included in the one he shared as it started before that and continued all the way through, that part was in the video he shared though.
    Yes, I know. He still tried to make a martyr out of the conservative (big surprise). Just as the guy whose tweet I shared was doing, I was referring to Trump sharing a much smaller clip that only showed the conservative getting served.

  7. #5962
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,715
    Donít start something if you are not prepared to finish it (or to be finished by it).

  8. #5963
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,238
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yes, I know. He still tried to make a martyr out of the conservative (big surprise). Just as the guy whose tweet I shared was doing, I was referring to Trump sharing a much smaller clip that only showed the conservative getting served.
    Ya he did do that,I got it now


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #5964
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    105,256
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Good example right here with part of the same video that Brewers shared yesterday (and was so quick to try to make a martyr out of someone who was clearly starting **** themselves):

    So he got exactly what he ****ing deserve but here Trump and his followers are making him some kind of victim that just got suckered punch out of nowhere when in fact he started **** and even pushed some females.

    **** that dude.

  10. #5965
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    56,780
    When is Joe Biden going to condemn this?!?

  11. #5966
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,715
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Iíve definitely seen some ugly clips today. **** ainít right.

    I think the biggest issue in the US is that everything is left vs right. Democrat vs Republic. No room for anything else. No matter what one side says, the other side does the opposite.
    And the remainder just grin and bear it.

  12. #5967
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,945
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You're well aware? Could have fooled me.



    Who posted it makes little to no difference to the point I was making. Of course you'd expect a more trustworthy source to not be using misleading tactics like this but anyone is capable of it, whether on purpose or by accident.
    I'm well aware as in I know people edit videos. I said I'd forgotten who posted the video to push what narrative.

    Does everything have to be combative with you at this point?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  13. #5968
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,945
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Was there motivation for that one?

    There was one from yesterday where a got sucker punched from behind. Lots of blood. Guy was out. Pretty despicable. Heís lucky the cops were close by.
    I don't remember the story anymore...when I first ran into it, I saw the clip with the person videoing talking and laughing like 'oh watch this' as the guy was walking up behind him...
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  14. #5969
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    56,780
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I'm well aware as in I know people edit videos. I said I'd forgotten who posted the video to push what narrative.

    Does everything have to be combative with you at this point?
    I know what you said. Again, who posted the video is borderline irrelevant to your initial question (and my answer to it).

    I guess everything seems combative when one is as defensive as you are.

  15. #5970
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,945
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I know what you said. Again, who posted the video is borderline irrelevant to your initial question (and my answer to it).

    I guess everything seems combative when one is as defensive as you are.
    gawd you like that word...what you view as defensive is just me sharing a contrary opinion

    I didn't mean who posted it HERE, I meant who put it online...don't see how that's not relevant. If it was to show he'd beaten someone before that justified this part of the clip and that's what the person posting it wanted to show, that part of the clip would've been posted as well.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •