Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 386 of 447 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396436 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,790 of 6702
  1. #5776
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,339
    I've never heard of that either.

    I'm assuming some small small towns maybe...

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  2. #5777
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    54,427
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I've never been ANYwhere you can just go after stopping at a red if it's safe. In fact, it's right there on the SD written test that you can't......UNLESS the red is flashing (generally meaning a red or yellow is flashing on the cross street), something often programmed into normal lights after a certain time of day.
    You haven’t lived friend


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #5778
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,078
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I've never heard of that either.

    I'm assuming some small small towns maybe...

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Small small towns don't even have lights....barely have stop signs!
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  4. #5779
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    29,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    If you are in an Iowa plain and can see for miles in every direction are you required to sit at the red light for 5 minutes or can you come to a complete stop, look both ways, then continue through the red? In many places it is not illegal to enter an intersection on red as long as it's safe to do so.

    The whole point here is that municipalities manipulate systems and the police to make money. That you finally got there is a major win I think. Can you now take it one step further and realize that tickets given out in a situation where the yellow has been artificially shortened or where speed limit changes are hidden to entrap people are themselves un-just? Then it's just one more small step to realizing that those things don't just happen with people in cars.
    shocking to me. what is the point of a light if one can just stop and go when safe. just have a stop sign.

    I imagine there are circumstances where a ticket is unjust, but I think most of the time they are deserving where it's the driver's responsibility.

    but I'm over this conversation now.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  5. #5780
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,051
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    shocking to me. what is the point of a light if one can just stop and go when safe. just have a stop sign.

    I imagine there are circumstances where a ticket is unjust, but I think most of the time they are deserving where it's the driver's responsibility.

    but I'm over this conversation now.
    Then I'll consider it a success. You learned something.

  6. #5781
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    38,265
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    shocking to me. what is the point of a light if one can just stop and go when safe. just have a stop sign.

    I imagine there are circumstances where a ticket is unjust, but I think most of the time they are deserving where it's the driver's responsibility.

    but I'm over this conversation now.
    Genie "He CAN be Taught!"

  7. #5782
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,121
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    shocking to me. what is the point of a light if one can just stop and go when safe. just have a stop sign.

    I imagine there are circumstances where a ticket is unjust, but I think most of the time they are deserving where it's the driver's responsibility.

    but I'm over this conversation now.
    Might as well install cameras inside residences to ensure no one is doing anything illegal.

    Its illegal, they shouldn't be doing it, so it's OK to have.


    /sarcasm


    Legality and morality are not the same thing.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  8. #5783
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    29,853
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Might as well install cameras inside residences to ensure no one is doing anything illegal.

    Its illegal, they shouldn't be doing it, so it's OK to have.


    /sarcasm


    Legality and morality are not the same thing.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    homes are private property, roads are public property.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  9. #5784
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,121
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    homes are private property, roads are public property.
    Same point still applies. Its just a scheme to get money.

    Now, if fines were proportionate to income then it would be a little less ridiculous.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  10. #5785
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,051
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Same point still applies. Its just a scheme to get money.

    Now, if fines were proportionate to income then it would be a little less ridiculous.
    unjust police BS is still unjust.

    If your fine is $400 and Jeff Bezos' is $400k does it make your day better?

  11. #5786
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    unjust police BS is still unjust.

    If your fine is $400 and Jeff Bezos' is $400k does it make your day better?
    that depends, do I get his fine and he gets mine?

    it'll never be income based unless there's common sense mins and maxs....I'm not pulling my prior year taxes out along with my license and registration when I get pulled over for speeding......and if I'm unemployed, I should still get a fine...and if I'm Bezos my fine shouldn't be more than the value of the car I was speeding in
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  12. #5787
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,051
    If we de-couple the fines and fees from the budget we get much better service from our government.

  13. #5788
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,051
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    that depends, do I get his fine and he gets mine?

    it'll never be income based unless there's common sense mins and maxs....I'm not pulling my prior year taxes out along with my license and registration when I get pulled over for speeding......and if I'm unemployed, I should still get a fine...and if I'm Bezos my fine shouldn't be more than the value of the car I was speeding in
    I don't support the income based traffic fines, I think they should all be small.

    Bezos' salary from Amazon is around $80k so his ticket wouldn't be that high. Now if it was based on net worth ...

    As for the value of the car thing ... If that was the case I would drive around in worthless cars at 120mph all the time.

  14. #5789
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    unjust police BS is still unjust.

    If your fine is $400 and Jeff Bezos' is $400k does it make your day better?
    Completely agree. Wouldn't make my day better but if the system exists , that's how it should be.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  15. #5790
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,740
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I'm not pulling my prior year taxes out along with my license and registration when I get pulled over for speeding.....in
    Might be the only way we ever see Trump’s tax returns.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •