Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 348 of 458 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358398448 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 6858
  1. #5206
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think, as we talked about, people only hear the ideological meaning every time they hear "racism". And I think that many people using it when talking about systemic racism think about it that way too ... that the system is the way it is because of direct actions by ideological racists. I think we have a vocabulary problem both ways.
    Maybe this is it.

    I know the word racist is super taboo, even on this forum there is well established racist that acts offended when called such. So the word systemic racism somehow turns this crowd off. They dont want to deal with ugly truths, they prefer pretty lies.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 09-06-2020 at 02:25 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  2. #5207
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,140
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  3. #5208
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It is systemic racism as the results are unequal by race. It's a definitional issue. The people are not racist ideologically, that is true, but the results are not seen as "fair" because the whole system results in these results.

    I think we probably need a different word to get away from the ideological definition, but we don't have that word.
    Because its ********. You don't need to make up another word to describe another made up term. It's not about equality to people who use these terms, it's about equity. The former is what we have achieved in our lifetime so those that suffered and sacrificed in the past to get here can rest in peace knowing what they strived for was not in vain. But the latter puts us in a absolute dystopian age where all areas of life are no longer left to what we choose to do, but are forced to us in an insidious form of "equity".

  4. #5209
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,214
    Nessy on another meth binge...



    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  5. #5210
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,336
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    yes I did, multiple times. you just didn't like the answer.

    I can support the reason why Kapernick is protesting, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with his method.
    I can support Kaepernick donating money.

    I can support the reason BLM protests, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with every method.
    I can support peaceful protesting, marching with signs.
    I don't support chanting pigs in a blanket fly them like bacon.
    I don't support chanting wanting dead cops.

    this has been disavowed, but it happened.

    https://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats...ead-cops-chant
    I can also support Trump without having to agree with everything he says or does.

    I would also expect you to support Democrats, without supporting or agreeing with literally everything they say or do.

    it's not all or nothing.
    I’m not saying it has to be all or nothing (it doesn’t). I’m saying you will freely state “I support Donald Trump” despite not supporting everything he does (but also supporting some things he does) but you will not State “I support BLM” or “I support Kaepernick” despite supporting somethings they do (but not everything.

    If you can say “I support Donald Trump” despite not agreeing with everything he does, why can you say “I support Colin Kaepernick” despite not agreeing with everything he does?

    Answer: Because you do not support Kaepernick (or BLM). If you did you would say so. So one more time:

    In general, do you support Kaepernick?

  6. #5211
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    30,414
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Yeah the article provided great examples of systemic racism that you immediately denied were systemic racism. You had the term clearly defined to you and still deny the meaning of the term. Why? I dont understand why you want to look foolish and hurt your credibilty by refusing to understanding a simple term.
    I took what was said and rejected it because what was said was not systematic racism.

    this is not systematic racism. the bold is not why any minority isn't playing hockey, unless they can show that minorities here are not playing any other sports either, or anything else that would be a similar cost/time consuming/requires transportation.
    minorities choosing not to play hockey has nothing to do with any systematic racism. show me something that they can not play any sports and you could have a point.

    boys aren't buying as many dresses as girls, must be systematic sexism. or more likely boys typically don't wear dresses.

    if you want to provide examples of systematic racism then go ahead. I can't confirm or deny something before I read it.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  7. #5212
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    30,414
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I’m not saying it has to be all or nothing (it doesn’t). I’m saying you will freely state “I support Donald Trump” despite not supporting everything he does (but also supporting some things he does) but you will not State “I support BLM” or “I support Kaepernick” despite supporting somethings they do (but not everything.

    If you can say “I support Donald Trump” despite not agreeing with everything he does, why can you say “I support Colin Kaepernick” despite not agreeing with everything he does?

    Answer: Because you do not support Kaepernick (or BLM). If you did you would say so. So one more time:

    In general, do you support Kaepernick?

    what part of what you quoting me saying is hard for you to understand?

    “I support Colin Kaepernick” donating money.

    “I support Black Lives Matter” donating money, peaceful protesting when justified.

    but I imagine you're going to reject this again.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  8. #5213
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    30,414
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ed/5721952002/

    A federal judge late Friday temporarily banned Detroit police from using batons, shields, gas, rubber bullets, chokeholds or sound cannons against Black Lives Matter protesters .

    U.S. District Court Judge Laurie Michelson partially granted a temporary restraining order Detroit Will Breathe sought when it sued the city of Detroit on Monday, alleging that police were using excessive force to stop them from exercising their free speech rights. The order will be in effect for at least 14 days and forbids police from using force without probable cause.
    Police keyed on the judge's reference to "peaceful protesters," and said they have only clashed with demonstrators after they broke the law. Detroit Police Chief James Craig said the judge's order will not change police tactics.

    "We're going to continue to do our jobs the way we've done it," Craig said. "We respect peaceful protesters. We understand the judge's order and we'll make sure the protesters understand if there's any aggression or violation of law, they will get ample notice like we've done in the past."

    Detroit Corporation Counsel Lawrence Garcia, the city's top attorney, said in a statement: "The parameters laid out in the order are very consistent with current DPD policy."

    "We are disappointed the order was entered without an evidentiary hearing because we believe when the evidence is heard, the police actions to date will be deemed justified," Garcia added.

    police actions against people legally protesting, not right.
    police actions against people that are not protesting, justified.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  9. #5214
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    30,414
    I think Kyle Rittenhouse's history should be relevant, that he was helping to clean up graffiti during the day and helped protesters that were hurting as well. that shows his character.

    also relevant would be that Rittenhouse allegedly punched a woman, in July.

    https://nypost.com/2020/09/01/video-...a-girl-report/
    A new video appears to show alleged Kenosha killer Kyle Rittenhouse slugging a girl in the Wisconsin city, according to a report.

    The shocking footage, shot July 1 and posted to Twitter, shows a young man alleged to be Rittenhouse landing haymakers on an unidentified girl who was scrapping with another female teen, according to the Journal Times.

    Two Kenosha men who filmed the melee — Reese Granville and CJ Wakefield — said the teen throwing the punches was Rittenhouse, the outlet reported. The slugger is also wearing the same American flag Crocs that Rittenhouse wears in a widely circulated photo of the accused shooter from Facebook.

    snopes says unproven.

    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ky...h-woman-video/

    The individuals who recorded this footage, as well as a number of social media users, did highlight some circumstantial evidence that the man in the video was indeed Rittenhouse. For instance, social media users pointed to a photograph of Rittenhouse holding a gun and wearing American flag clogs, the same shoes that can apparently be seen in the video:

    Comparing visuals from the video and known photographs of Rittenhouse also seems to show that this is the same person. Of course, more than one person can own the same style of shoe, and identifying a person based solely on visual comparisons isn’t always accurate.

    To sum things up, videos taken in July 2020 appear to show Rittenhouse punching a woman during an altercation in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Both videographers identified Rittenhouse as the man in the red and blue shorts. However, this identification appears to be based on visual comparisons and circumstantial evidence, so while this video most likely shows Rittenhouse, we can’t say with certainty that this isn’t another person who resembles the 17-year-old accused of shooting and killing two people at a protest.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  10. #5215
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    30,414
    https://nypost.com/2020/09/05/black-...100000-damage/

    Black Lives Matter protesters riot in Manhattan, cause $100,000 damage: NYPD
    Eight people were arrested Friday night when a group of 150 Black Lives Matter protesters smashed windows and graffitied the storefronts of Lower Manhattan chain stores and banks, police sources said.

    At least two Starbucks, five banks and a Duane Reade had their windows busted, causing an estimated $100,000 in damage.
    Police recovered two stun guns, smoke grenades, and burglary and graffiti tools.

    The protest had been advertised on Twitter by groups calling themselves the “New Afrikan Black Panther Party” and the “Revolutionary Abolitionist Movement.”
    The protest began at 6 p.m. at Foley Square; protesters lit trash can fires and scrawled graffiti — including the word “Abolition” — as they made their way north.

    “Every city, every town, burn the precinct to the ground,” the group was recorded chanting at one point.

    this should be condemned by everyone, especially Black Lives Matter that should not want this associated with them.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  11. #5216
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,910
    Meh.

    They all have insurance.

  12. #5217
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57,932
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    what part of what you quoting me saying is hard for you to understand?

    “I support Colin Kaepernick” donating money.

    “I support Black Lives Matter” donating money, peaceful protesting when justified.

    but I imagine you're going to reject this again.
    Weird placement of quotation marks unless you actually don't support both Kaepernick or BLM.

    Do you actually think you're fooling anybody with this?

  13. #5218
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    30,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Meh.

    They all have insurance.
    sure, all good, when people die, their families have life insurance.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  14. #5219
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    30,414
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Weird placement of quotation marks unless you actually don't support both Kaepernick or BLM.

    Do you actually think you're fooling anybody with this?
    I can't be any more clear than what I did. I used quotation marks just like valade16 did.

    if anyone can't understand this then I'm not the one with the problem.

    but lets be honest, you and valade16 (and others) have already concluded there is no possible way that I could support Kaepernick or BLM. you wont listen to anything that contradicts that.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  15. #5220
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,504
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Weird placement of quotation marks unless you actually don't support both Kaepernick or BLM.

    Do you actually think you're fooling anybody with this?
    seriously, and you've said I'VE been deliberately obtuse before....he's made his views crystal clear at least twice at this point and you guys are still questioning what he's saying
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •