Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 175 of 243 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 3642
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Antifa is not an actual organization. It's just a label they put on people who challenge their twisted world order. Trump is scapegoating like always.
    antifascistnetwork.org

Why fight Trump's lies with more lies?

Antifa is organized in small groups who share some philosophy and a name. But they are organized, no matter how haphazardly.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Lulz. You definitely don't know dodgerdave.
    Lucky him.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I mis-spelled principle?
    Lol. Probably that too.

Yes, cops and citizens have different rules, but those differences don't mean all 4 cops are guilty of murder necessarily. It's not all or nothing or anything simple like that.

I understand it, but if you are including everybody involved in the justice system both from inside and outside as being at fault when a cop doesn't get convicted of a crime then you are casting so broad a net that there is no arguing it other than to point out that it's a meaningless argument to make.
    Gotcha, you don't know the law or how the system works. Because all of this is incorrect.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

As for the current state of civil unrest, I see a lot of it covered in another thread, but there is a much wider net to cast as to what is going on.

A single event (the murder of George Floyd) has all the hallmarks of the straw that broke the camel’s back, piled as it is on top of so many other similar straws. And no doubt police brutality against individuals in the black community is the immediate issue, and the solutions to that aspect of the problem are, extraordinarily complicated and, frankly, not likely to be successful.

But I am afraid the real trouble is even larger than that — and as such far more difficult to address.

The system is broken.

• The economic system is so lopsided it is actually destructive.
    • The political system is dysfunctional.
    • The leadership is brutally pathetic.
    • The media is a chaotic joke.
    • The virus is rampant.

And overshadowing all this, the earth itself seems to be rebelling against human activity (maybe in seemingly slow motion for us, but in incredibly accelerated pace for nature).

The system is broken, and a whole lot of people have had it because they (probably correctly) see no hope for their future.

So, what else to do but to bear witness to the proverbial pot boiling over?

There are comparisons to 1968, and as one who lived through that hellscape, I have to wonder if this might not end up being worse — not because of the violence alone (we are nowhere near the 1968 level, yet) — but because the protests are not sustained by any real hope that things might change, but simply by untrammeled anger.
    Last edited by Crovash; 06-01-2020 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Let's list the antifa terrorist leaders by name that we want rounded up by the FBI first. Let's see everyone's top 3!
    Joseph Alcoff?

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2019/...-philadelphia/

D.C. “Antifa Leader” Is Third Man Charged in Marine Attack in Philadelphia

Joseph Alcoff has been charged with aggravated assault, ethnic intimidation, and conspiracy, among other offenses.

there is plenty of evidence of Antifa's violence (including above), but go ahead and refuse to acknowledge it.

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Lol. Probably that too.
    You lost me.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Gotcha, you don't know the law or how the system works. Because all of this is incorrect.
    hehe, okay, good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Let's list the antifa terrorist leaders by name that we want rounded up by the FBI first. Let's see everyone's top 3!
    This is pretty much what I've been saying. These groups aren't organizing and going to meetings the way that people would for a Rotary or something similar meeting.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

You lost me.
    You asked whether you misspelled “principle”. You did. Given the context you used, it should have been “principal”.

When you asked, I did not know whether you were asking whether West would agree with your observation (he would) or whether he would agree that you spelled the word wrong (he probably would that too).

In which case, I responded as I did.

Start putting some bullets in these protesters knee caps and legs and they will stop doing it real quick. It is no longer about George Floyd or Racism; when you start looting innocent businesses and beating up innocent business owners, you are no longer a protester. You are a thug criminal who should be in jail right next to the Minneapolis police officers.
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    You asked whether you misspelled “principle”. You did. Given the context you used, it should have been “principal”.

When you asked, I did not know whether you were asking whether West would agree with your observation (he would) or whether he would agree that you spelled the word wrong (he probably would that too).

In which case, I responded as I did.
    Oh, not mis-spelled, but wrong word. Okay. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Start putting some bullets in these protesters knee caps and legs and they will stop doing it real quick. It is no longer about George Floyd or Racism; when you start looting innocent businesses and beating up innocent business owners, you are no longer a protester. You are a thug criminal who should be in jail right next to the Minneapolis police officers.
    Don't you know that the people looting and rioting ARE the Minneapolis police officers?

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    antifascistnetwork.org

Why fight Trump's lies with more lies?

Antifa is organized in small groups who share some philosophy and a name. But they are organized, no matter how haphazardly.
    Independent & grassroots groups fighting fascism around the UK

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Independent & grassroots groups fighting fascism around the UK
    Yes. Groups. My point was that they are groups who organize, to say otherwise is disingenuous. That doesn't mean they are some major organization that can be attacked by an army like Trump seems to think at times.