Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 241 of 388 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 5813
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Pretty much how I see It as well. Though some of those men I fully believe deserve to be held as great men.
    That's the problem with hero worship. Sure they did some pretty great things. Some even slept with people they owned. Not sure "great men" really applies.

I get it. Some people don't see them in the same light as I or many other Americans do. But these men, certainly at the absolute least, deserve our respect. What they set in motion is why we have as much privileges as we do today.
    Yeah racists like you definitely see things in different lights than non racists.

Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    Yeah racists like you definitely see things in different lights than non racists.
    Just to clarify. You believe that underprivileged, poor, violent black people have absolutely no responsibility for their actions? You truly believe that this is everyone's fault but there's? In all cases? This is what you believe?

Just want to make sure that I'm properly reading you.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Just to clarify. You believe that underprivileged, poor, violent black people have absolutely no responsibility for their actions? You truly believe that this is everyone's fault but there's? In all cases? This is what you believe?

You have to think about the system not the individual.

About the widespread causes, the roots.

That is what matters. The rest will fall in place.

Here's a great statement by a political genius

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post

How much effort did you put into making up all that and why are you so proud of this strawman? You’re quoting me knocking a racist for saying we need to honor racists and responding with some gibberish about me extending carte Blanche to all black people lol. Do you have any idea how dumb you look? Holy **** you literally just thought you could make up all that and it would somehow be a good argument?

Against what? Yourself? Your own weirdo ideas about race? Good luck kiddo lol

I’d challenge you to find any hint of me suggesting your completely fabricated (and tellingly racist) statement but that might keep you from your duty of teaching your kid gay people aren’t human because of the one or two parts of the Jesus book you like.

So no you’re not “properly reading me” since your wildly up a stance to argue against since you’re unable to address the original point lol. Making up a bunch of things nobody said to argue against is a pretty revealing move though. I almost admire how brazen you are in owning up to your pathetic nature

This is just like that time you said all American soldiers should be beaten savagely when they return from duty smh
    Last edited by browski234; 07-10-2020 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    He never enslaved people based on skin color. He enslaved people who tried to kill him.

I'm from the other side of the world where indentured servitude is part of daily living, slavery is not a trigger word for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    All that ******** aside.. He had slaves. Do you not see your hypocrisy?

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    That's the problem with hero worship. Sure they did some pretty great things. Some even slept with people they owned. Not sure "great men" really applies.
    They were great men, sure, they did some bad things as all people do. But what they achieved in their lifetimes was great.

8. 07-10-2020, 09:24 AM

They were great men, sure, they did some bad things as all people do. But what they achieved in their lifetimes was great.
    Yeah, just everyday things that people do. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    "Racists like me". That's all the pathetic little worms like you ever have. You don't use logic or reason or any kind of constructive dialogue. All you do is name call because you are grown emotional children. Grow up.

Not everyday people help create a country like ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    It may be the only revolution in history perpetrated by rich guys. Usually revolutionaries have little to lose and much to gain. That wasn't the case with our founders. They had lots to lose. Always thought that was interesting
    There is some merit to this observation. A good number of the rebellion’s leaders were (relatively) wealthy, though the foot soldiers — as in most wars and rebellions — were not.

Ponder this though. I bet many, if not most, mainline 21st-century conservatives and liberals would probably have been Tories.

Also, some noted world revolutionary leaders (Lenin, Mao, Castro, Ho Chi Minh, bin Laden) were not poor. They came from fairly privleged backgrounds — though I doubt they had as much to lose at the time
    Last edited by Crovash; 07-10-2020 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    You have to think about the system not the individual.

About the widespread causes, the roots.

That is what matters. The rest will fall in place.

Here's a great statement by a political genius

a person is responsible for the choices and decisions they make.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    a person is responsible for the choices and decisions they make.
    No has denied that, but when talking about a political system , an entire society, you have to look at how to fix it from a big picture perspective.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Not everyday people help create a country like ours.
    Haha, I am sure every empire believes that in their time. The sun never set on the British empire. American exceptionalism will fade with time like all the other empires before.

You are nearly placing these guys on sainthood level. The blood and sweat of labor build this country. I whether elevate the common man of that time then these guys who lived at the top of the social class. I can relate more with these common folks then the guys who got the statues.

I mean in the 18th and 19th century it was. Not that I’m saying it makes it alright but the main problem and where there should be an actual honest discussion with cancel culture is that it takes today’s norms and applies them to different periods of history when norms were different.

The Lost Boys of PSD