Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 270 of 384 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 5749
  1. #4036
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    50,761
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    What if those slaves were 15 tho?
    Then keep 'em away from you know who.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  2. #4037
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,134
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    In the mind of someone who only understands slavery to be what took place in America, yes I could see why you would say that.

    This how radically different these slave systems were, that one of them you are flat out saying it is not slavery. It IS slavery, it's just not what you think of when you think of slavery. Which is the point I've been making since the start of this discussion.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Youíre right. Your description of slavery under Muhammad is not what I think of slavery in that I donít believe slavery is some Disneyland alternative to death. Using your logic, slavery in America was a positive because the slaves transported to America most likely faced death in their current situation. The slave owners felt compassion towards the uncivilized, uneducated slaves so they allowed them to work in their fields. It was all peaches and cream.

    Like I said early on, perhaps itís best if we donít judge historical figures for living in the era that they did...

  3. #4038
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    34,528
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, property doesnt have rights.
    I know Iíve been out of this convo for awhile... but are you claiming itís not slavery if they have rights?

    Because the ownership of another human being is what makes it slavery, not the conditions they are subjected to while being owned.

  4. #4039
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    34,528
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    In the mind of someone who only understands slavery to be what took place in America, yes I could see why you would say that.

    This how radically different these slave systems were, that one of them you are flat out saying it is not slavery. It IS slavery, it's just not what you think of when you think of slavery. Which is the point I've been making since the start of this discussion.
    But in the system youíre describing, the people you are talking about are still owned by someone else right?

  5. #4040
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,981
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    So there is a good form of slavery to you, gotcha
    Do you disagree with what I said?

  6. #4041
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,981
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    hmm, wait, so it's bad to require prisoners to perform work?!
    By all means, let's just let them spend their days watching reruns of Hogan's Heroes and Night Court
    Exactly.. I'm very confused.

  7. #4042
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,981
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    If you feel he preached or practiced anything in line with racial superiority then you are welcome to believe that. Malcolm X would tell you different tho.

    What Muhammad put in place is fundamentally different compared to the enslavement of africa by arabs and the founding fathers.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I do feel he practiced racial and religious supremacy to those who weren't Arab or muslim. His actions show this.
    What Muhammad put in place was slavery. Taking men, woman and children as property/sex slaves. So I'll say it again.. Was Muhammad wrong for having slaves? Yes or no?

  8. #4043
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,981
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, no.

    There are WILDLY different implementations of slave systems throughout history.

    Again, a slave system in which slaves can and do earn higher wages than some free people, hold positions which give them government authority over free people, and has a right to buy their own freedom..

    Is much different than the cattelization of a race.

    So no, slavery is not still slavery.

    The slave system described above gives a person more rights and freedoms than our current prison system does.

    So no, slavery is not still slavery.

    Point being that comparing the two slave systems as one in the same is a very ignorant comparison.




    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yet, there are many people who have been to jail/prison who have become influential members of our society. Isn't that your qualifier to show Muhammad's slavery was good? Sounds like you should view these two forms of "slavery" about equal.

  9. #4044
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    12,141
    How in the hell can one compare Muhammad slavery practice to modern day slavery? When that dude was around slavery existed all our the world and was that period standard economical practice. Of course anything written during that time will reflect that period thinking. King David had slaves, do we sit here and say slavery is apart of Jewish culture. The christian bible says, a slave should obey their master. What about that? Are we going to say that christianity is for slavery?
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

  10. #4045
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    12,141
    Christianity have done more harm historically then Islam.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

  11. #4046
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,411
    I canít speak to slavery in the times of David, Jesus, or Muhammad, but one thing that irritates me about slavery and our so-called founding fathers is that many of them were not only aware of the immorality of owning slaves, they (George Mason ó he of the vaunted ďVirginia Declaration of RightsĒ ó comes to mind immediately) wrote essays condemning the practice and yet they remained slaveowners.

  12. #4047
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    34,528
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Christianity have done more harm historically then Islam.
    Seems like something thatís impossible to quantify, though if weíre trying, Iíd argue Christianity has also done more good than Islam as well.

  13. #4048
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    50,761
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    But in the system youíre describing, the people you are talking about are still owned by someone else right?
    Shhh....

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  14. #4049
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I canít speak to slavery in the times of David, Jesus, or Muhammad, but one thing that irritates me about slavery and our so-called founding fathers is that many of them were not only aware of the immorality of owning slaves, they (George Mason ó he of the vaunted ďVirginia Declaration of RightsĒ ó comes to mind immediately) wrote essays condemning the practice and yet they remained slaveowners.
    Pretty much.

  15. #4050
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,134
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    How in the hell can one compare Muhammad slavery practice to modern day slavery? When that dude was around slavery existed all our the world and was that period standard economical practice. Of course anything written during that time will reflect that period thinking. King David had slaves, do we sit here and say slavery is apart of Jewish culture. The christian bible says, a slave should obey their master. What about that? Are we going to say that christianity is for slavery?
    Slavery was common place when the founding fathers owned slaves as well. Yet we condemn them for it.

    As I said several times, perhaps itís best if we donít judge historical and religious figures since we didnít live in that time and we are looking at them with advanced morality. But some insist on judging our founding fathers for their imperfections in catering to a practice we have deemed abhorrent, therefore we must judge all including Muhammad. If you want to add the Bible to that, be my guess. Ban all bibles. Ban all religion.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •