Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 269 of 384 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 5752
    Yeah, because these conversations we have here never veer off-topic for pages at a time. I see nothing wrong with going off on a bit of a tangent as long as it doesn't consume the entire thread.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah, because these conversations we have here never veer off-topic for pages at a time. I see nothing wrong with going off on a bit of a tangent as long as it doesn't consume the entire thread.
    Furthermore, the main theme of this thread is centered around racism, which obviously has roots dating back to slavery. In addition, these roots have caused the removal and/or destruction of several statues and monuments of historical US figures. It seems hypocritical at best to not want to include Muhammad or other historical figures who had involvement in the slave trade.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    As others have said, slavery is still slavery.
    lol, no.

There are WILDLY different implementations of slave systems throughout history.

Again, a slave system in which slaves can and do earn higher wages than some free people, hold positions which give them government authority over free people, and has a right to buy their own freedom..

Is much different than the cattelization of a race.

So no, slavery is not still slavery.

The slave system described above gives a person more rights and freedoms than our current prison system does.

Point being that comparing the two slave systems as one in the same is a very ignorant comparison.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 08-10-2020 at 09:07 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, no.

There are WILDLY different implementations of slave systems throughout history.

Again, a slave system in which slaves can and do earn higher wages than some free people, hold positions which give them government authority over free people, and has a right to buy their own freedom..

Is much different than the cattelization of a race.

The slave system described above gives a person more rights and freedoms than our current prison system does.

Point being that comparing the two slave systems as one in the same is a very ignorant comparison.

You are not describing slavery. You are describing what sounds to be an overpaid butler. I’m also not sure what you mean by hold positions in government. Is this in theory or in practice? It sounds like you a describing a democratic system but to my knowledge, democratic systems were not available in the day of Muhammad. Political positions were typically based on a person’s class. A slave, in any era, would not have enough class status to hold a political position. Furthermore, Muhammad bought and SOLD slaves, therefore you have no idea how the slaves he sold were treated.

You are making a fantasy land for slavery to make excuses for your prophet. You have no standing to condemn the founding fathers as slave owners if you are not willing to criticize Muhammad for his involvement in the slave trade.

Now comes the part where he claims he's not standing up for and/or making excuses for Muslim slavery.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Now comes the part where he claims he's not standing up for and/or making excuses for Muslim slavery.
    Imagine if someone said “Slaves in America liked being slaves.” ...

At least they weren't on death row!

You are not describing slavery.
    In the mind of someone who only understands slavery to be what took place in America, yes I could see why you would say that.

This how radically different these slave systems were, that one of them you are flat out saying it is not slavery. It IS slavery, it's just not what you think of when you think of slavery. Which is the point I've been making since the start of this discussion.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Imagine if someone said “Slaves in America liked being slaves.” ...
    lol, dont let buzzword queen rub off on you...

Good call. Poking fun at me will definitely take the focus off your consistent touting of Muslim slavery as being "not so bad". Slavery is inherently abhorrent any way you slice it.

Good call. Poking fun at me will definitely take the focus off your consistent touting of Muslim slavery as being "not so bad". Slavery is inherently abhorrent any way you slice it.
    That's fine, it can be whatever you say it is in whatever manner you want to slice it, so long as you understand that it is also at its core something fundamentally different than what the founders of this country were doing.

Any way you slice it.

I'm not poking fun of you, he was legit queening hella hard.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    That's fine, it can be whatever you say it is in whatever manner you want to slice it, so long as you understand that it is also at its core something fundamentally different than what the founders of this country were doing.

Any way you slice it.

I'm not poking fun of you, he was legit queening hella hard.

I think anyone still paying attention to your repetitive verbiage is well aware that slavery perpetuated by America's forefathers was not the same as slavery in the Muslim world. Stop repeating yourself and pretending like you're the only one that "gets" this.

Slavery is abhorrent any two ways about it, yet you sound pretty damn defensive about the type of slavery you feel more culturally aligned with. That's all I've been trying to say this entire time.

Last thing: you don't sound nearly as cool as you think you do constantly repeating variations of the (obnoxiously overused by you) term "buzz queen".

I think anyone still paying attention to your repetitive verbiage is well aware that slavery perpetuated by America's forefathers was not the same as slavery in the Muslim world. Stop repeating yourself and pretending like you're the only one that "gets" this.

Slavery is abhorrent any two ways about it, yet you sound pretty damn defensive about the type of slavery you feel more culturally aligned with. That's all I've been trying to say this entire time.

Last thing: you don't sound nearly as cool as you think you do constantly repeating variations of the (obnoxiously overused by you) term "buzz queen".
    If you "gets" this then what is it you keep trying to argue with me about? If thats my point, and you gets it, then what are we still talking about?

I dont feel defensive, I'm just explaining something that people are clearly unaware of. I'm explaining it to help clarify my comments from earlier.

It's not a cool thing, it's just legitimately spot on terminology. Buzz buzz buzz + drama queen = western propaganda.

I already told you what my point was.

I already told you what my point was.
    What if those slaves were 15 tho?