Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 264 of 386 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 5779
    I think the visible unrest will improve under a nice guy democratic president.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    isn't that what we all do? willingly accept a version of wage slavery in service of capitalism?
    Bingo (well, maybe not all, but certainly most ó including me).

So, if we think about it, where does that lead us?

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Bingo (well, maybe not all, but certainly most ó including me).

So, if we think about it, where does that lead us?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You are right we should judge them based on how they treated other people and animals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree. When you find an impartial person who was alive during that era, we should ask them...

Who said one is good? Wage slavery in service of capitalism is just another form of heinous.
    So how can one support a religious leader who was a slave owner but not a political leader who was a slave owner?

Youíre barking up the wrong tree.

I donít care about past religious leaders any more than I care about past political leaders ó they are dead.

Youíre barking up the wrong tree.

I donít care about past religious leaders any more than I care about past political leaders ó they are dead.
    Not when I ask nasty Iím not....

Furthermore, in the big picture....there are plenty of Dems who support Muhammad as a religious icon. How is he different than political leaders?

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    How do you know about the nature and fundamental principles of slavery in America vs those under Muhammad? My guess is, you were not there during either. You are willing to excuse one form of slavery but not the other. Thatís extremely hypocritical and proves a point on history- we shouldnít judge individuals for living in the times they lived in.
    I know the diff nature and fundamental principles of slavery the same way I know america was formed in 1776. You weren't there in 1776 to watch the declaration of independence was signed, were you? But you still believe this nation was formed in 1776, correct?

We have volumes of books covering these topics.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Not when I ask nasty Iím not....
    Hey, thatís between you and him.

Furthermore, in the big picture....there are plenty of Dems who support Muhammad as a religious icon. How is he different than political leaders?
    I donít know. Ask the Dems (I am not one).

My comment was all about capitalism vis a vis slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I know the diff nature and fundamental principles of slavery the same way I know america was formed in 1776. You weren't there in 1776 to watch the declaration of independence was signed, were you? But you still believe this nation was formed in 1776, correct?

We have volumes of books covering these topics.

The fundamentals of slavery are wrong if Iím looking at them with my 2020 morality.

You are talking about dates (which can be proven factually). Thatís different than judging the morality of political or religious figures.

The fundamentals of slavery are wrong if Iím looking at them with my 2020 morality.

You are talking about dates (which can be proven factually). Thatís different than judging the morality of political or religious figures.
    It's not different. You used historical certified sources in order to gain knowledge of past events. So did I. Thats how anyone knows anything from the past.

I'm not judging the morality, I'm judging the entire basis upon which it was built. I do not believe a person's skin color should dictate their freedom hood vs slave hood.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

It's not different. You used historical certified sources in order to gain knowledge of past events. So did I. Thats how anyone knows anything from the past.

I'm not judging the morality, I'm judging the entire basis upon which it was built. I do not believe a person's skin color should dictate their freedom hood vs slave hood.

Itís completely different. For instance, if there were different indications that the declaration was signed on a different date, than we would factor that in.

You are taking a very simplistic determination of slavery and basing political figures morality on it. But when it comes to Muhammad, you use a complex determination on slavery to judge his morality.

Itís completely different. For instance, if there were different indications that the declaration was signed on a different date, than we would factor that in.

You are taking a very simplistic determination of slavery and basing political figures morality on it. But when it comes to Muhammad, you use a complex determination on slavery to judge his morality.
    I'm not doing a simplistic "determination" vs complex. I'm doing accurate. I see a basic fundamental difference in what these people were doing, if you dont then so be it, but I definitely do.

Is the US on a path to civil unrest?

I agree. When you find an impartial person who was alive during that era, we should ask them...
    Why would I have to do that? Are you under the impression that people liked being slaves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I'm not doing a simplistic "determination" vs complex. I'm doing accurate. I see a basic fundamental difference in what these people were doing, if you dont then so be it, but I definitely do.

History is often written by the victors. Same applies with religious texts. You are applying biased writings to your determination about slavery under Muhammad. And most likely doing the same from the opposite side for politicians in US.

Do you think someone who opposed Muhammad during his time would view his slavery as a positive or negative?