Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 422 of 447 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 6702
    Doubt any of the usual suspects will argue my prognostications (that I've been making for 10 years here) now. As our political class shrieks and bleats about 'democracy' it's pretty clear that 'democracy' in any meaningful sense of the term is over. It doesn't matter if you think the election was legitimate - about half the population doesn't. Elections in democratic systems are about legitimacy. When people don't have confidence in them, for whatever reason, then that is gone.

I predicted on this very forum that we'd have a Putin-style strongman by 2030, who would oversee our empire's slow decline. This washes historically but I think it's possible we may have skipped that step. Empires always turn repressive near the end of their reign and that has already begun in earnest here. If your secret police force is tracking down dissidents then it's only a matter of time. The only question is whether we endure a slow (~25 year) decline before everyone just stops paying attention to Washington (a la Soviet Russia after Stalin died) or whether it becomes a conflagration like the Ottoman, Roman, and to an extent the British empires.

As we sit here in the year of our Lord 2021 I can't say I'm confident in the slow, comfortable decline followed by a few decades of fairly low living standards. It doesn't appear we have any adults left in the room. All of our institutions churned through their credibility to defeat the Great Orange Hitler. So now what? We pretend it's 1995 again? Well much of the nation is poor now and we're all about to get poorer. I do wonder if Trump isn't a little bit glad he won't have to preside over the turbulent years to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Doubt any of the usual suspects will argue my prognostications (that I've been making for 10 years here) now. As our political class shrieks and bleats about 'democracy' it's pretty clear that 'democracy' in any meaningful sense of the term is over. It doesn't matter if you think the election was legitimate - about half the population doesn't. Elections in democratic systems are about legitimacy. When people don't have confidence in them, for whatever reason, then that is gone.

I predicted on this very forum that we'd have a Putin-style strongman by 2030, who would oversee our empire's slow decline. This washes historically but I think it's possible we may have skipped that step. Empires always turn repressive near the end of their reign and that has already begun in earnest here. If your secret police force is tracking down dissidents then it's only a matter of time. The only question is whether we endure a slow (~25 year) decline before everyone just stops paying attention to Washington (a la Soviet Russia after Stalin died) or whether it becomes a conflagration like the Ottoman, Roman, and to an extent the British empires.

As we sit here in the year of our Lord 2021 I can't say I'm confident in the slow, comfortable decline followed by a few decades of fairly low living standards. It doesn't appear we have any adults left in the room. All of our institutions churned through their credibility to defeat the Great Orange Hitler. So now what? We pretend it's 1995 again? Well much of the nation is poor now and we're all about to get poorer. I do wonder if Trump isn't a little bit glad he won't have to preside over the turbulent years to follow.
    Ironically the closest we've come to your prognostications was the past 4 years with our strongman leader.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Ironically the closest we've come to your prognostications was the past 4 years with our strongman leader.
    I have been right about everything. All I do is post what I think and all you do is whine that other people are thinking. Sort of our nation's conundrum writ large in a nutshell right there.

I have been right about everything. All I do is post what I think and all you do is whine that other people are thinking. Sort of our nation's conundrum writ large in a nutshell there.
    Our conversations are the nation's conundrum write large in a nutshell. You say shockingly ignorant and bigoted things (such as women in leadership roles is like a person with down syndrome) and I point out you are a bigot and you rant and rave about how your bigotry is actually intellectualism incomprehensible to everyone else.

Keep thinking "women are inferior" is some sort of thought worth entertaining.

Our conversations are the nation's conundrum write large in a nutshell. You say shockingly ignorant and bigoted things (such as women in leadership roles is like a person with down syndrome) and I point out you are a bigot and you rant and rave about how your bigotry is actually intellectualism incomprehensible to everyone else.

Keep thinking "women are inferior" is some sort of thought worth entertaining.
    Oh no! Someone on the internet hurt some theoretical person's feelings! Yes this is basically our national conversation right now.

Oh no! Someone on the internet hurt some theoretical person's feelings! Yes this is basically our national conversation right now.
    You're a bigot whether you hurt anyone's feelings or not, real or theoretical.

Whatever our national conversation is, I'm glad your archaic and idiotic thoughts are not apart of it.

7. 01-14-2021, 10:32 PM
    Reason
    Sexist remarks - Rush

8. 01-14-2021, 10:38 PM
    Reason
    Response to a deleted post - Rush

While you are patting yourself on your back for predicting stuff, make yourself useful and predict me this week winning lotto numbers
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

It doesn't matter if you think the election was legitimate - about half the population doesn't. Elections in democratic systems are about legitimacy. When people don't have confidence in them, for whatever reason, then that is gone.
    This was waiting to boil over for decades now, this is a natural byproduct of mixing propaganda with politics.

This half of the population closely coincides with the same half which doesnt comprehend the physical effect of a mask. There is nothing to be talked about, these people will tell you 3+3=5 if that's what they were told to say.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

11. 01-14-2021, 10:44 PM
    Reason
    Response to a deleted post - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    While you are patting yourself on your back for predicting stuff, make yourself useful and predict me this week winning lotto numbers
    Short Twitter after they torched their biggest draw. That's all I got.

It's pseudoscience, though I'm not surprised you adhere to it.
    It's social science. Are you calling flips a pseudoscientist?

It's social science. Are you calling flips a pseudoscientist?
    Let's ask Flips if it's science that women are inherently inferior leaders. What do you think he'll say?

Let's ask Flips if it's science that women are inherently inferior leaders. What do you think he'll say?
    Probably whatever he thinks his wife thinks. The guy may be an academic but he's not stupid.

You have this nasty habit of not stating opinion on things for which you seem to have an opinion.

I'm asking what you believe. Do you have an opinion on this or not?
    you first.

I've said those that were rioting at the Capitol were wrong.
    I've said here and before that Trump shouldn't have the rhetoric that he does.
    I've also provided someone else that said worse leading up to January 6th.
    I've also many times called out rioting from the far left, which most here have refused to do.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

who was responsible and held accountable for rioting during Trump's Inauguration in 2017?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/arre...ry?id=44925970

At Least 217 Arrested, Limo Torched Amid Trump Inauguration Day Protests in Washington
    Violence flared on some streets of Washington, D.C., today amid Donald Trump's inauguration — with people smashing car and store windows, clashing with police and even torching a limo, leading to more than 200 arrests.
    Police said in a statement that an organized group marched through the northwestern part of the city around 10:30 a.m. and that "members of the group acting in a concerted effort engaged in acts of vandalism and several instances of destruction of property."

The statement said that the group damaged vehicles, destroyed the property of multiple businesses and ignited small, isolated fires and that police vehicles were among those damaged.
    The #DisruptJ20 coalition, named after the date of the inauguration, which promised that its participants would attempt to shut down the inauguration events, tangled with Bikers for Trump, a group clad in leather biker gear that backs the president.

Video on social media showed the two groups exchanging words and blows just before the start of inauguration festivities.

After the inauguration, protesters started a fire on the street, burning what appeared to be garbage and a plastic newspaper stand.

who inspired and incited this rioting.
    maybe the constant media narrative that Trump must have colluded with Russia and the election was stolen.
    maybe the constant narrative from Democrats that Trump must have colluded with Russia. Adam Schiff was one relentless with this.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ayanna...icans-concerns

Ayanna Pressley calls for 'unrest in the streets' over Trump-allied politicians ignoring Americans' concerns
    "Make the phone calls, send the emails, show up," she continued. "You know, there needs to be unrest in the streets for as long as there’s unrest in our lives.”
    There was no indication Pressley necessarily meant anything other than peaceful protest. However, critics on social media accused her of condoning lawlessness.

why would it be fair to assume/conclude that she meant protesting, by literally calling for unrest in the streets, while people can assume/conclude that Trump was inciting violence when I've proved that he called for protesting/peace.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯