Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 115 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2133
  1. #1711
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    91,143
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Saying the KKK was created by democrats is not a lie. Perhaps there’s a little confusion, I’m not talking about democrats in govt. but the purpose of the KKK was to keep democrats in power in the govt.

    While I agree the parties have flip flopped in who supports them, I disagree there was some big party switch. That is a lie. The south was controlled by democrats on a state and local level until well into the 90s, years after the civil rights act.
    You mean the 90s when people like Richard Shelby switched from the Democratic party to the Republican party because they began to align with his white first identity?
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  2. #1712
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I may not have been clear, but none of what I wrote was in service of trying to “distance one party from the atrocities committed under their name.” That’s your thing.

    As for when the shift finalized — the end of the Reagan years — I was correct as well.

    However, some have made an argument that in fact the shift began earlier than Johnson (https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...0s_118172.html ).

    That the Southern senators, Congresspersons, Governors were not securely Republican until 1994, shows a reasonable lag that reflected the shift. Slow moving yes.
    Republicans gained an advantage in the southern states after Reagan in 1994. They didn’t dominate the south (as we know now) until the 2000s.

    You are correct though. The “shift” in southern support began earlier. It began as the south, as a whole, started to change its values from more racial/racist driven to more religious/limited govt. Obviously, these values aligned with Republican values. The reason it took so much time (30-50 years) is because the shift in southern values takes time. It wasn’t because they were mad about civil rights that they switched parties. It was because as like most Americans, southerners began having other priorities in who they voted for.

  3. #1713
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,176
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    LOLOL, so the disconnect between the republicans and Blacks is a communication problem, not the effects the republican policies had on poor and middle-class people in general? All a miss understanding while the democrats are just bad people who brainwashed minorities to hate republicans and love welfare?

    Whoa, I thought us progressive were suppose be way out there.

    First of all, where were those conservative beliefs (which the poor are to benefit from) when the Trump congress passes a Tax cut that mainly benefited the rich and add another 1.5 trillion to the national debt? Then turn around and say we must cut social programs that benefit the poor and middle class because of the debt they just raise to give tax relief to the rich or job creators?

    Get off the Train, dude, you are talking one thing and your party is doing the exact opposite. The disconnect is between your words and your handlers actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    He, the republican party and Trump are made for each other. After Nov. 2020, they will have a lot of alone time together .
    For starters, I do not support Donald trump. You really need to understand this. I also know that if he’s not re-elected in 2020, my world is not going to come crashing down. For the most part, the president is insignificant to our daily lives. IMO, during Trumps presidency, there are a lot of positives regarding the economy and employment, especially for black people and minorities. We will probably disagree on the impact Trump has had on the economy and that’s fine, that’s politics. But the fact is, our country has had in some cases, record success while Trump was president. To me, trump gets that credit. I understand the trends in the economy were improving under Obama but the success was seen under Trump. If Hillary had won, she would get the credit but she didn’t.

    While I don’t believe it be because of brainwashing, I do believe the effort to garner the vote and support of black people was wel thought out by democrats like LBJ. I mean his quote on the topic a line should tell you all you need to know.

    Finally, you keep trying to paint me with this Republican brush as if the two of us are cheering for NFL teams. That’s exactly what Republicans and Democrats want, because if we “choose” sides, that side becomes infallible. That means, we lose our ability to think and reason, which means less problem solving. The Philadelphia Eagles can do no wrong in my eyes. The Dallas Cowboys are Satans children. If the Eagles literally killed the cowboys on a Sunday, I’d be like “well they deserved it.” We need to stop thinking this way regarding our politicians.

  4. #1714
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,176
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    You mean the 90s when people like Richard Shelby switched from the Democratic party to the Republican party because they began to align with his white first identity?
    Yes, the 90s, when former KKK exhausted grand dragon or whatever, Robert Byrd, was still alive and still a democratic senator.

  5. #1715
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    42,960
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Yes, the 90s, when former KKK exhausted grand dragon or whatever, Robert Byrd, was still alive and still a democratic senator.
    What party did Daniel Carver who used be on the Howard Stern all the time belong too?
    Last edited by ewing; 12-06-2019 at 03:46 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #1716
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,176
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What party did Daniel Carver who used be on the Howard Stern all the time belong too?
    I don’t know to be honest. Assuming he voted Republican but that is besides the point. Byrd was a Democratic US senator from WV for decades. They named their meeting offices after him. This is not an equal comparison.

  7. #1717
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    42,960
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I don’t know to be honest. Assuming he voted Republican but that is besides the point. Byrd was a Democratic US senator from WV for decades. They named their meeting offices after him. This is not an equal comparison.
    wait wait you think individuals from both parties can be racist? take off that tin foil hat buddy
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  8. #1718
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,737
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post

    You are correct though. The “shift” in southern support began earlier. It began as the south, as a whole, started to change its values from more racial/racist driven to more religious/limited govt. Obviously, these values aligned with Republican values. The reason it took so much time (30-50 years) is because the shift in southern values takes time. It wasn’t because they were mad about civil rights that they switched parties. It was because as like most Americans, southerners began having other priorities in who they voted for.
    I’ll put on my Scoots hat here and say that both were at play.

  9. #1719
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    9,979
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    For starters, I do not support Donald trump. You really need to understand this. I also know that if he’s not re-elected in 2020, my world is not going to come crashing down. For the most part, the president is insignificant to our daily lives. IMO, during Trumps presidency, there are a lot of positives regarding the economy and employment, especially for black people and minorities. We will probably disagree on the impact Trump has had on the economy and that’s fine, that’s politics. But the fact is, our country has had in some cases, record success while Trump was president. To me, trump gets that credit. I understand the trends in the economy were improving under Obama but the success was seen under Trump. If Hillary had won, she would get the credit but she didn’t.

    While I don’t believe it be because of brainwashing, I do believe the effort to garner the vote and support of black people was wel thought out by democrats like LBJ. I mean his quote on the topic a line should tell you all you need to know.

    Finally, you keep trying to paint me with this Republican brush as if the two of us are cheering for NFL teams. That’s exactly what Republicans and Democrats want, because if we “choose” sides, that side becomes infallible. That means, we lose our ability to think and reason, which means less problem solving. The Philadelphia Eagles can do no wrong in my eyes. The Dallas Cowboys are Satans children. If the Eagles literally killed the cowboys on a Sunday, I’d be like “well they deserved it.e need to stop thinking this way regarding our politicians.
    All that and you still didn't answer my question.

    Why would poor people and the middle class (I am removing the racial aspect because it isn't needed) believe republican policies will help them?

    After increasing our debt by trillions of dollars with a tax cut that mainly benefits the wealthy and then turns around and says they will decrease that debt by cutting social programs that benefit the poor and middle class? Now, Mitch is said to flavor more taxes on the middle class?

    This sounds like more shifting the burden on the middle and lower class and lessen for the wealthy to me.'

    Thank you for trying to liberate me from my liberal overlords/puppeteers-master to serve your conservative overlords/puppeteers-masters. LOLLO.
    Last edited by WES445; 12-06-2019 at 08:49 PM.

  10. #1720
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,176
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    All that and you still didn't answer my question.

    Why would poor people and the middle class (I am removing the racial aspect because it isn't needed) believe republican policies will help them?

    After increasing our debt by trillions of dollars with a tax cut that mainly benefits the wealthy and then turns around and says they will decrease that debt by cutting social programs that benefit the poor and middle class? Now, Mitch is said to flavor more taxes on the middle class?

    This sounds like more shifting the burden on the middle and lower class and lessen for the wealthy to me.'

    Thank you for trying to liberate me from my liberal overlords/puppeteers-master to serve your conservative overlords/puppeteers-masters. LOLLO.
    So first of all we need to discuss taxes... the bottom 50% of our population doesn’t pay income taxes and rightfully therefore a tax cut is not going to directly impact them. In order to directly help poor/middle class individuals, the payroll tax would need to be cut. Trump actually pushed for this. It was met with opposition from both sides though as the Dems want to raise taxes and Republicans believe it’s a loser cause the payroll tax is linked to Medicare therefore it can be attacked as “anti senior.”

    That’s being said, the tax break has helped in job creation. I know you will attack this as “helping the rich.” On this, we disagree. In my opinion, it’s best to create an atmosphere in which businesses can thrive. This in turn, creates jobs. A major issue in our country in the ability for companies to manufacture overseas and keep their business elsewhere. The government needs to help change that. I understand we will disagree on this. I understand it’s easier to bash big business and the wealthy. But I believe the govt needs to create the best environment for businesses to succeed. IMO, the govt is like the NFL rules committee and businesses are like the QBs. Create an environment for them to put up huge numbers. I’m not gonna complain if someone throws 50 TDS.

  11. #1721
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    73,021
    Joey, being in the 4% range for joblessness is good. Why do you think we maxed out at 10% in 2009, after being in this same exact range under Clinton? Couldn't possibly because of conservative policy and deregulation causing a massive financial crisis that ruined millions of people's lives? No. Never.

    The real heroes are Republicans! Sure, they wrecked the economy in the first place, but hey...Obama got things going in the right direction and Trump hasn't (yet) screwed it all up again!


    Get back to me when Republicans have any serious concern for fixing the indefensible levels of income inequality we see. They don't give a single solitary **** about the low class and I know you understand that, even if you'll pretend otherwise.

    I'm happy joblessness has gone down. But the rich get richer under Republican leadership and the poor stay behind. The entire low and middle class is just straddled with debt. They have jobs, but they're all struggling. And that's how conservatives want it. And sadly, that's how many Democrats want it too.
    Last edited by ManRam; 12-06-2019 at 10:09 PM.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

  12. #1722
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    9,979
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    So first of all we need to discuss taxes... the bottom 50% of our population doesn’t pay income taxes and rightfully therefore a tax cut is not going to directly impact them. In order to directly help poor/middle class individuals, the payroll tax would need to be cut. Trump actually pushed for this. It was met with opposition from both sides though as the Dems want to raise taxes and Republicans believe it’s a loser cause the payroll tax is linked to Medicare therefore it can be attacked as “anti senior.”

    That’s being said, the tax break has helped in job creation. I know you will attack this as “helping the rich.” On this, we disagree. In my opinion, it’s best to create an atmosphere in which businesses can thrive. This in turn, creates jobs. A major issue in our country in the ability for companies to manufacture overseas and keep their business elsewhere. The government needs to help change that. I understand we will disagree on this. I understand it’s easier to bash big business and the wealthy. But I believe the govt needs to create the best environment for businesses to succeed. IMO, the govt is like the NFL rules committee and businesses are like the QBs. Create an environment for them to put up huge numbers. I’m not gonna complain if someone throws 50 TDS.
    You are delusional if you think that answers my question.


    .

  13. #1723
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,176
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Joey, being in the 4% range for joblessness is good. Why do you think we maxed out at 10% in 2009, after being in this same exact range under Clinton? Couldn't possibly because of conservative policy and deregulation causing a massive financial crisis that ruined millions of people's lives? No. Never.

    The real heroes are Republicans! Sure, they wrecked the economy in the first place, but hey...Obama got things going in the right direction and Trump hasn't (yet) screwed it all up again!


    Get back to me when Republicans have any serious concern for fixing the indefensible levels of income inequality we see. They don't give a single solitary **** about the low class and I know you understand that, even if you'll pretend otherwise.

    I'm happy joblessness has gone down. But the rich get richer under Republican leadership and the poor stay behind. The entire low and middle class is just straddled with debt. They have jobs, but they're all struggling. And that's how conservatives want it. And sadly, that's how many Democrats want it too.
    The financial crisis was caused by a multiple of factors. First part, was the housing crisis. This part was caused by the Dems and their insistence to sell houses to people who really couldn’t afford to buy houses. They did this through Fannie/Freddie and granting loans to poor credit. The second part was caused in part by 9/11. The bush administration attempted to slow the financial crisis with that tax break. It helped for a bit but eventually banks and large corporations began to fail. The part that was on Bush/Republicans was bailing out the banks/large corporations. They should have allowed them to fail.

    Income inequality is not an issue. The differences in income does not factor into the middle/lower classes not rising. As I stated above, we have an issue with jobs, especially quality jobs, being outsourced. This is a more in depth issue, that goes into the sham of college and those careers, lack there of as well.

    I’ve never said the Republicans are hero’s. I just believe their vision of policies to help the economy are better suited for the future of it. They don’t always follow through with that vision though. I do believe to some extent, both sides of the political aisle benefit by keeping people in need of the govt. For safety, health or financial assistance.

  14. #1724
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    29,194
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I’m going to let my hair grow out so I can do a trump comb over too.... orange man going to get you....
    He doesnt have a comb over.

    For all the grief I give him, hes got great hair
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  15. #1725
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,308
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Income inequality is not an issue. The differences in income does not factor into the middle/lower classes not rising. As I stated above, we have an issue with jobs, especially quality jobs, being outsourced. This is a more in depth issue, that goes into the sham of college and those careers, lack there of as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •