Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 263 of 383 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 5733
  1. #3931
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,133
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Sure, I'm not saying it's a "good slavery", I am pointing a core fundamental difference between the 2.

    Even after slavery was abolished, things like lynchings and segregation and black face still existed. Why? Where did that mentality come from? If it was strictly about economics, how did these ideologies still persist after slavery?

    There are posters on this forum who weren't allowed to share water fountains with other posters on this forum based on the slave hood status of their great great grandparents. That ain't economics, that's something else.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yeah. I mean it’s not like there’s been any violence/wrong doing in the name of Islam since the time of slavery right?

  2. #3932
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    32,926
    ok...

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  3. #3933
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,133
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    ok...

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    According to some history books, men like Thomas Jefferson treated their slaves “better” than most slave owners. Why is this any different than Muhammad? Do you think the writers of the excerpts that stated Muhammad “enslaved his enemies” were supporters of Muhammad? Why would you have issue believing the writers that state Jefferson was a “nicer” slave owner but not those that state such about Muhammad?

    I understand your explanation about American history in the aftermath of slavery. But Islam does not have a positive history post slavery either. So how is this any different?

  4. #3934
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    32,926
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    According to some history books, men like Thomas Jefferson treated their slaves “better” than most slave owners. Why is this any different than Muhammad? Do you think the writers of the excerpts that stated Muhammad “enslaved his enemies” were supporters of Muhammad? Why would you have issue believing the writers that state Jefferson was a “nicer” slave owner but not those that state such about Muhammad?

    I understand your explanation about American history in the aftermath of slavery. But Islam does not have a positive history post slavery either. So how is this any different?
    Again, its not about good slavery or better slavery, nor is about who wrote history. It's about the nature and fundamental principles of slavery being very different in these different situations. The reason I brought up post slavery history is to illustrate these different fundamental principles to which I am referring.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  5. #3935
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    12,141
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Yeah. I mean it’s not like there’s been any violence/wrong doing in the name of Islam since the time of slavery right?
    Or in the name of Capitalism? Even the Chinese use slave labor (some of their minorities are in readjustment labor camps) to make our goods. that laptop, you are pounding away on, was probably made by some broken down slaves in China. NAFTA just keeps on giving.
    Last edited by WES445; 08-03-2020 at 09:26 PM.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

  6. #3936
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    12,141
    Most of our wars is about profit. We dress it up as "Defending Democracy/Defeat the Communie or Avenge a Wrong" but it is all about Capitalism.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

  7. #3937
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    12,141
    I wouldn't be surprise if ninty percent of our foreign problems is capitalistically related. Sort of a historical blowback.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

  8. #3938
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,133
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Again, its not about good slavery or better slavery, nor is about who wrote history. It's about the nature and fundamental principles of slavery being very different in these different situations. The reason I brought up post slavery history is to illustrate these different fundamental principles to which I am referring.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    How do you know about the nature and fundamental principles of slavery in America vs those under Muhammad? My guess is, you were not there during either. You are willing to excuse one form of slavery but not the other. That’s extremely hypocritical and proves a point on history- we shouldn’t judge individuals for living in the times they lived in.

  9. #3939
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,133
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Or in the name of Capitalism? Even the Chinese use slave labor (some of their minorities are in readjustment labor camps) to make our goods. that laptop, you are pounding away on, was probably made by some broken down slaves in China. NAFTA just keeps on giving.
    This even furthers my point. Why is one good and the other bad? Why support any religion for that matter when so much violence has come in the name of religion when you don’t support your country?

  10. #3940
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    48,721

    Is the US on a path to civil unrest?

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    How do you know about the nature and fundamental principles of slavery in America vs those under Muhammad? My guess is, you were not there during either. You are willing to excuse one form of slavery but not the other. That’s extremely hypocritical and proves a point on history- we shouldn’t judge individuals for living in the times they lived in.
    You are right we should judge them based on how they treated other people and animals


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  11. #3941
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    12,141
    nvm
    Last edited by WES445; 08-04-2020 at 10:59 AM.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

  12. #3942
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    12,141
    We are doing some pretty horrendous things in this point of history in the name of Capitalism.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

  13. #3943
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,184
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    We are doing some pretty horrendous things in this point of history in the name of Capitalism.
    That's just it....capitalism as it's 'designed' to be is a good thing. But (I think I'm repeating myself from an earlier post) what's been going on now has gone well past capitalism and into pure greed. It's like a giant game of Monopoly that has simply been going on too long and people aren't allowed to quit. A few have accumulated multiple hotels on Boardwalk and Park Place while most of us just seem to have a mortgaged utility or Baltic Avenue...and we hit GO just often enough to not get ejected from the game.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  14. #3944
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,406
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    This even furthers my point. Why is one good and the other bad? Why support any religion for that matter when so much violence has come in the name of religion when you don’t support your country?
    Who said one is good? Wage slavery in service of capitalism is just another form of heinous.

  15. #3945
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Who said one is good? Wage slavery in service of capitalism is just another form of heinous.
    isn't that what we all do? willingly accept a version of wage slavery in service of capitalism?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •