Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 253 of 384 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 5754
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    The NFL still played the national anthem before games.

I have no issue with players or anyone having a different opinion than mine. If that were the case, Iíd never be able to watch a movie or tv. I have an issue with anyone using a platform which is not thereís to spout their opinion or making the event about their opinion.
    the networks stopped televising it
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

The NFL still played the national anthem before games.

I have no issue with players or anyone having a different opinion than mine. If that were the case, Iíd never be able to watch a movie or tv. I have an issue with anyone using a platform which is not thereís to spout their opinion or making the event about their opinion.
    They did not televise it. So viewers were not subjected to it. Yet they boycotted anyway. Itís the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The CEO/share holders. Unless this boycott resulted in a RIFT it would not effect the workers at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So if Goya has to lay-off workers, you think the CEO/shareholders are in trouble?

If Goya is forced to shut down you think the multi millionaire CEO will suffer more than the guy making $12 an hr?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    They did not televise it. So viewers were not subjected to it. Yet they boycotted anyway. Itís the same thing.
    Not to fans who were in the stadium...

Not to fans who were in the stadium...
    There are tens of millions more fans who watch the game than go in person. Will you at least admit it's the same thing for those who only watch the games on TV but boycotted the NFL for Kaepernick's kneeling even when the NFL stopped showing the national anthem?

There are tens of millions more fans who watch the game than go in person. Will you at least admit it's the same thing for those who only watch the games on TV but boycotted the NFL for Kaepernick's kneeling even when the NFL stopped showing the national anthem?
    LMAO at you comparing the Goya #cancel to the anthem kneeling and Nike.

A minority business owner made a single one off comment vs a money hungry athlete employed by an owner that employs a large amount of minorities that chose to continuously demean what a large percentage of the population views as a symbol of American pride.

Absolutely a great comparison.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Is the US on a path to civil unrest?

So if Goya has to lay-off workers, you think the CEO/shareholders are in trouble?

If Goya is forced to shut down you think the multi millionaire CEO will suffer more than the guy making $12 an hr?
    I donít think either of those outcomes are likely thatís why I said ďunless....Ē I think the more likely outcomes effect the CEO/share holders a little and the doesnít effect the line workers at all

Last edited by ewing; 07-23-2020 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post

A minority business owner made a single one off comment vs a money hungry athlete employed by an owner that employs a large amount of minorities that chose to continuously demean what a large percentage of the population views as a symbol of American pride.

You are really triggered by this Goya thing

I havenít seen these guys this worked up since Pelsoi ate ice cream

Well I can tell by your even handed description that youíre very impartial about this issue.

Characterize it however you want: youíre a hypocrite if you boycotted the NFL and whined about people boycotting Goya.

Well I can tell by your even handed description that youíre very impartial about this issue.

Characterize it however you want: youíre a hypocrite if you boycotted the NFL and whined about people boycotting Goya.
    And I can tell by your even handed description that you're very impartial about this issue.

And I didn't. Lol. Actually purchased several Nike products during that boycott. It's my golf ball, gilf shirt and golf shoes of choice. Nice try though.

And I can tell by you being you that you don't have an even handed bone in your body when it comes to social issues. You're all in on one side regardless of the issue and surrounding circumstances.

Don't preach to me man. You're mindset is very much skewed.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I havenít seen these guys this worked up since Pelsoi ate ice cream

Never discussed her ice cream. But please go on.

Never discussed her ice cream. But please go on.
    We found common ground

And I can tell by your even handed description that you're very impartial about this issue.

And I didn't. Lol. Actually purchased several Nike products during that boycott. It's my golf ball, gilf shirt and golf shoes of choice. Nice try though.

And I can tell by you being you that you don't have an even handed bone in your body when it comes to social issues. You're all in on one side regardless of the issue and surrounding circumstances.

Don't preach to me man. You're mindset is very much skewed.
    Except I wasnít trying to be even handed here, I was literally calling out conservatives for their hypocrisy.

You should stop attempting to be clever in the future. Youíre not very good at it. (And no, I was not trying to be even handed there either)

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I don't disagree....boycotts are to businesses what voting is to elections...what other power does average man have? But, by the same token, questioning a boycott is just as much a right, yes? By yet another token, it'd also be a right to consider either of those as hypocritical, I suppose.
    No you are correct. People have every right to judge someone for boycotting and do so based on whatever means they choose.

But they should be prepared to acknowledge that it's a hypocritical move to support free market capitalism and then get upset when someone exerts their rights to spend (or not spend) their money where they see fit.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!