Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 252 of 384 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 5749
  1. #3766
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,134
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Boycotts are consumers exerting their right to purchase or not purchase products based on whatever issues they might have with the company. So I think it's pretty anti-capitalist to say that boycotts are stupid.
    Of course consumers have the right to purchase or not purchase a product. Itís just petty to boycott based on the views of one person. You donít think any liberals work for Goya? Who do you think the boycott really hurts, the CEO or the common worker?

  2. #3767
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    32,949
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Oh...go it. So hurt the brown people because they support orange man. Makes perfect sense.
    I'd say it's more like if you support racist stances, you will get called out for it.

    Tomato tomatoe

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  3. #3768
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    93,508
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Of course consumers have the right to purchase or not purchase a product. Itís just petty to boycott based on the views of one person. You donít think any liberals work for Goya? Who do you think the boycott really hurts, the CEO or the common worker?
    I don't really care what the person's reason for boycotting is. It's not my money to spend or not spend. If someone wants to boycott a company because they have 101 employees rather than a nice round number like 100, that's absolutely none of my business regardless of how stupid it is.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  4. #3769
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    34,528
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    The NFL also didnít make an attempt to denounce Kaepernickís actions either. They were kind of wishy washy on it.
    And Goya didnít make an attempt to denounce their CEOís statements either. Itís the same thing.

  5. #3770
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    34,528
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Of course consumers have the right to purchase or not purchase a product. Itís just petty to boycott based on the views of one person. You donít think any liberals work for Goya? Who do you think the boycott really hurts, the CEO or the common worker?
    All considerations that didnít seem to matter when it came time to boycott the NFL and Nike over Kaepernick.

  6. #3771
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    32,949
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    You are definitely the odd man out on that stance, but it is your right to make that stance.

    And lol...there is nothing spicy about Goya's products. At all.
    Cuz they make it for white people, lol

    Growing up one of my phrases when asked at a restaurant if I want spicy was white person spicy or brown person spicy? If the former, extra hot, if the latter, medium.

    I used to always just say extra spicy until I went to a thai restaurant and learned a very valuable lesson. Ask which standard of spice.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  7. #3772
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,134
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    And Goya didnít make an attempt to denounce their CEOís statements either. Itís the same thing.
    Kaep was protesting during the experience of the NFL. If the Goya dude showed up while youíre eating your beans and talked up Trump, it would be the same.

    Desean Jackson just made anti Semitic remarks. I donít believe anyone is boycotting the nfl over it.

    See the difference?

  8. #3773
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    32,949
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Kaep was protesting during the experience of the NFL. If the Goya dude showed up while youíre eating your beans and talked up Trump, it would be the same.

    Desean Jackson just made anti Semitic remarks. I donít believe anyone is boycotting the nfl over it.

    See the difference?
    Yes. Even tho white privilege is overwhelming, it is not absolute. There is definitely minority privilege as well.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #3774
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    34,528
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Kaep was protesting during the experience of the NFL. If the Goya dude showed up while youíre eating your beans and talked up Trump, it would be the same.

    Desean Jackson just made anti Semitic remarks. I donít believe anyone is boycotting the nfl over it.

    See the difference?
    Except the NFL stopped showing the National Anthem, specifically so it wouldnít disrupt fans experience and they still boycotted.

    You are trying extremely hard to justify hypocrisy here, but itís the same thing. You disagree with what theyíre speaking out about, nothing more.

  10. #3775
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,206
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Cuz they make it for white people, lol

    Growing up one of my phrases when asked at a restaurant if I want spicy was white person spicy or brown person spicy? If the former, extra hot, if the latter, medium.

    I used to always just say extra spicy until I went to a thai restaurant and learned a very valuable lesson. Ask which standard of spice.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I don't know if you ever watched the show Psych, but this reminded me of an episode with a scene where the main characters were eating dinner at the home of an (East) Indian family....and as they took their first bites they were saying things like 'excuse me but did you make this using molten lava' and 'it's ridiculous you people eat things this hot' ...and that was a white and a brown guy

    I don't know about everyone else, but in my experience (my own and people I talk to) tolerance to spice lessens with age....I can take the heat I always could, but I enjoy it less so have toned it down in my own cooking. I'm a 'white person spicy' guy these days, admittedly.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  11. #3776
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,134
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Except the NFL stopped showing the National Anthem, specifically so it wouldnít disrupt fans experience and they still boycotted.

    You are trying extremely hard to justify hypocrisy here, but itís the same thing. You disagree with what theyíre speaking out about, nothing more.
    The NFL still played the national anthem before games.

    I have no issue with players or anyone having a different opinion than mine. If that were the case, Iíd never be able to watch a movie or tv. I have an issue with anyone using a platform which is not thereís to spout their opinion or making the event about their opinion.

  12. #3777
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    48,737

    Is the US on a path to civil unrest?

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Of course consumers have the right to purchase or not purchase a product. Itís just petty to boycott based on the views of one person. You donít think any liberals work for Goya? Who do you think the boycott really hurts, the CEO or the common worker?
    The CEO/share holders. Unless this boycott resulted in a RIF it would not effect the workers at all


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 07-24-2020 at 12:25 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #3778
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    48,737

    Is the US on a path to civil unrest?

    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I don't really care what the person's reason for boycotting is. It's not my money to spend or not spend. If someone wants to boycott a company because they have 101 employees rather than a nice round number like 100, that's absolutely none of my business regardless of how stupid it is.
    Good point. Joey seems to be swimming well outside his supposed libertarian ideals again.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  14. #3779
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    48,737
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Kaep was protesting during the experience of the NFL. If the Goya dude showed up while youíre eating your beans and talked up Trump, it would be the same.

    Desean Jackson just made anti Semitic remarks. I donít believe anyone is boycotting the nfl over it.

    See the difference?
    No


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #3780
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,206
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The CEO/share holders. Unless this boycott resulted in a RIFT it would not effect the workers at all


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    well, significant and extended lost sales would cost jobs or at the very least pay raises...while the CEO continues getting his millions unless they find it necessary to replace him..even then, he's already a rich man, his employees are not
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •