Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Oakland, CA to give $500 per month to low income non-white families

This is crazy

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/03/24/u...mpression=true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Institutional racism.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Same mindless liberal approach. Handouts are the worst. They should use that money to invest in the economies of low income areas, pump some business in there, it will be so much better money spent in the long run. What's the point of a handout?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Same mindless liberal approach. Handouts are the worst. They should use that money to invest in the economies of low income areas, pump some business in there, it will be so much better money spent in the long run. What's the point of a handout?

Bribing. It's a handout to make these people their b*tches and feel like they are dependent on others. It's really sad.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Bribing. It's a handout to make these people their b*tches and feel like they are dependent on others. It's really sad.
    It's been the same formula for over 50 years now.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Again, you aren't a victim. you aren't being oppressed.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Again, you aren't a victim. you aren't being oppressed.
    Honest question. If a city did it where white people got $500 per month but minorities were left out of it what would the reaction be? Why is this any different flipped around? Why not include all races in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Honest question. If a city did it where white people got $500 per month but minorities were left out of it what would the reaction be? Why is this any different flipped around? Why not include all races in it?

My guess is that, from the article you posted, this is a fact:

The project targets groups with the city's greatest wealth disparities, per the Oakland Equality Index, which reveals the median income for White households in Oakland to be nearly three times that of Black households.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Yet you're OK with giving billionaire corporations and CEO's handouts from Republican politicians.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 03-26-2021 at 03:30 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

I agree with affirmative action when it comes to stuff like college admissions, scholarships, or career employment.

But what this country is experiencing right now is different. This pandemic is an international crisis that is affecting people of all backgrounds, not just minorities. So that being said, basing Oakland's stimulus checks on income level or unemployment status solves this problem. There's no need to differentiate between racial or ethnic backgrounds here.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 03-26-2021 at 04:41 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    I agree with affirmative action when it comes to stuff like college admissions, scholarships, or employment.

But what this country is experiencing right now is different. This pandemic is an international crisis that is affecting people of all backgrounds, not just minorities. So that being said, basing Oakland's stimulus checks on income level or unemployment status solves this problem. There's no need to differentiate between racial or ethnic backgrounds here.
    Agreed, if this is what the topic says then itís absolutely ridiculous and frankly should be illegal. Just like you said tie it to other indicators and blacks who are more likely in the position will be disproportionately affected by the benefits.

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post

The project targets groups with the city's greatest wealth disparities, per the Oakland Equality Index, which reveals the median income for White households in Oakland to be nearly three times that of Black households.
    If they are targeting those that are in the worst situations regardless of race then it is fine.

Add race as a qualifier and this is a problem and beyond that, horrible optics as well.

Yankees Farm System

Yet you're OK with giving billionaire corporations and CEO's handouts from Republican politicians.
    No I'm not, I'd rather give to lower class than elite class.

I agree with affirmative action when it comes to stuff like college admissions, scholarships, or career employment.

Agree

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post

Well then don't give to those households, give to the POOR ones of all races

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast