Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 113 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2203
  1. #1681
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    29,232
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Because thereís no ďnew Republican racism.Ē Not on any large scale and not anywhere like the racism of the past democrats.

    Also, I could argue the Dems are more racist in their approach to black people. Their policies certainly have not helped black people in the past 50 years since black pepper have overwhelmingly supported them...
    Yea it's not like racism in the past, but it's just funny that today's pro racist party is the one bashing democrats for a racist past.

    It's just the irony of the situation which is funny
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  2. #1682
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,180
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    It evolved from "social group" to terrorist group very quickly. Like, less than a year. This is true, but I'm not sure why the distinction matters here. Your point is noted.


    I'm really just focusing on this:



    1. We know why he's said "democrat" three times in two sentences when talking about how the (first) KKK was the worst in a thread discussing the modern state of "civil unrest". I'm just trying to point out that he's being a disingenuous moron unsubtly trying to say "YOUR PARTY founded the KKK so you're the bad ones!".

    2. "Democrat" is the name of a party. It's not an ideology. The Democrats were the right wing/conservative party 150 years ago. They obviously aren't today. So who the **** cares? I'm not a Democrat because of the name of the party or because Andrew Jackson and James Buchanan are my political heroes. I'm a Democrat because I have no choice but to be because they're broadly the party that is socially and fiscally liberal. That's what I am. That's what matters. Not the name of the party. What they are, were and always will be were "far right", "white supremacists" and "ex-Confederate dip****s". Those words hold up and mean the same thing today as they did then. Democrat doesn't. But we know why Joey prefers not to use the meaningful and useful ones...

    I feel like I'm explaining something to a 5 year old, but hey....

    I guess I could've succinctly summed it all up with those two points in the first place without me reciting what I remember from middle school history classes. But hey, we all know I struggle with being succinct!

    That's really my only point here. We know what he's doing. I'll choose to call him out on his bull ****, and you can nitpick my memories from 8th grade. I'm moving on...
    I understand that you donít want to associate with the previous misdeeds of your party and those deeds donít line up with your current views but itís a harsh and true reality. It was democrats who started the KKK. Just look at the popular African American voices from that time period. They were most Republicans and fought/rallied against the democrat party.

    I also believe the partyís current views/policies have only harmed black people dating back to the 1960s. Thereís other examples as well. The woman who started Planned Parenthood (a modern day darling of the Democratic Party) was a racist and a democrat. I understand these are inconsistent truths for you but they are the facts

  3. #1683
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    10,007
    First, you deny there is no republican racism, then said it isn't on the scale of those dastardly Democrats of old. If you can compare it with something, it must exist, but you say it doesn't exist.

  4. #1684
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    10,007
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yea it's not like racism in the past, but it's just funny that today's pro racist party is the one bashing democrats for a racist past.

    It's just the irony of the situation which is funny
    while they continue to do and say racist things.

  5. #1685
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    44,505
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Not dead on, someone needs to teach you english

    In your post you said "trumps support of the kkk", in my post I said their support for trump. So it close, but exactly wrong

    I said kkk type, not kkk, basically I'm referencing your modern day average republican. A hint of racism, not too bad so it's all good, but their denial of it certainly seems to magnify it.
    Oh brother.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  6. #1686
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,180
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    First, you deny there is no republican racism, then said it isn't on the scale of those dastardly Democrats of old. If you can compare it with something, it must exist, but you say it doesn't exist.
    Because I canít/wonít deny individuals (in both parties) have said things that were definitely racially insensitive. Thereís a difference between that and the racism across the Democratic Party before the civil rights movement.

    You should really look into the history of the party you support. Maybe ask them why they named their meeting place in the Capitol building after a high ranking klans member. Robert Byrd...

  7. #1687
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    43,211
    Joey you donít always have to hold a grudge


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  8. #1688
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,180
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Joey you donít always have to hold a grudge


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iím not holding a grudge. Iím just presenting the facts. Sorry but they are the real history.

  9. #1689
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    43,211
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Iím not holding a grudge. Iím just presenting the facts. Sorry but they are the real history.
    History is in the eye of the beholder


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #1690
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    29,232
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Because I canít/wonít deny individuals (in both parties) have said things that were definitely racially insensitive. Thereís a difference between that and the racism across the Democratic Party before the civil rights movement.

    You should really look into the history of the party you support. Maybe ask them why they named their meeting place in the Capitol building after a high ranking klans member. Robert Byrd...
    Hes probably more concerned with how they operate now instead of last century

    We all probably should be
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  11. #1691
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    73,021
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I understand that you donít want to associate with the previous misdeeds of your party and those deeds donít line up with your current views but itís a harsh and true reality. It was democrats who started the KKK. Just look at the popular African American voices from that time period. They were most Republicans and fought/rallied against the democrat party.

    I also believe the partyís current views/policies have only harmed black people dating back to the 1960s. Thereís other examples as well. The woman who started Planned Parenthood (a modern day darling of the Democratic Party) was a racist and a democrat. I understand these are inconsistent truths for you but they are the facts
    Name one right-wing policy that has ever done a single positive thing for African Americans.

    Look dude, I think it's pretty clear I don't like Democrats. I think their brand of neoliberalism and laissez faire economics is more often counterproductive than not. I don't think they truly have the interests of the poor at heart. You don't need to tell me that they've failed in many ways. I get it.

    But yeah, I'm gonna sit here and call you an idiot for pretending like it matters one bit that the Party that was called the "Democrats" 100+ years ago says a single solitary relevant thing about Democrats today. Those people were RIGHT WINGERS. Who the **** cares if they were in the Democratic Party?

    You're not as dumb as the other right-wingers here. I know you know you're being a moron.
    Last edited by ManRam; 12-04-2019 at 09:56 PM.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & goodô now

  12. #1692
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    4,723
    So we can all agree that right wing conservative idealogy is responsible for the kkk and the oppression of women and minorities. And we can all agree that the republicans are the current right wing conservatives. So why the **** does the party name matter again in this discussion. Does anybody vote democrat or republican because they give a **** about that name? They do so because it fits their ideology. If Bernie Sanders was part of the Republican party right now with his same platform, and Donald Trump was running for the Dems (he was one not too long ago) I'd happily vote republican. All that really matters to me is what you intend to do for the country, although it also helps if you're not a raging egomaniac, whos ****ed over other people your whole life, and one of the most corrupt individuals on the planet.

  13. #1693
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,308
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I understand that you donít want to associate with the previous misdeeds of your party and those deeds donít line up with your current views but itís a harsh and true reality. It was democrats who started the KKK. Just look at the popular African American voices from that time period. They were most Republicans and fought/rallied against the democrat party.

    I also believe the partyís current views/policies have only harmed black people dating back to the 1960s. Thereís other examples as well. The woman who started Planned Parenthood (a modern day darling of the Democratic Party) was a racist and a democrat. I understand these are inconsistent truths for you but they are the facts
    Did you read this part from ManRam : "Democrat" is the name of a party. It's not an ideology. The Democrats were the right wing/conservative party 150 years ago. They obviously aren't today.

    You can't just ignore this fact. Just because the parties have the same name does not mean they've shared the same ideas. I mean for christ sakes - Republicans complain all the time about the socialist democratic party and the new extreme progressives. These are because ideology CHANGES. The new class of Democrats in the House are NOTHING like Dems were 10, 20, etc. years ago.

    I leave you with this important factoid - if Abraham Lincoln was alive today, there is no doubt that he would align with todays Democratic party. The 'party of Lincoln' is no more, I would have to imagine (an opinion obviously) that Lincoln would be disgusted with what the Republican party is today.

  14. #1694
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,180
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Name one right-wing policy that has ever done a single positive thing for African Americans.

    Look dude, I think it's pretty clear I don't like Democrats. I think their brand of neoliberalism and laissez faire economics is more often counterproductive than not. I don't think they truly have the interests of the poor at heart. You don't need to tell me that they've failed in many ways. I get it.

    But yeah, I'm gonna sit here and call you an idiot for pretending like it matters one bit that the Party that was called the "Democrats" 100+ years ago says a single solitary relevant thing about Democrats today. Those people were RIGHT WINGERS. Who the **** cares if they were in the Democratic Party?

    You're not as dumb as the other right-wingers here. I know you know you're being a moron.
    While Iím not in line with the social views of the Republican Party, I believe most of those views align with the black community. I also believe the economic views of the Republican Party would be a benefit to blacks people overall. Although those policies have not been established in large cities. Where the Republicans have failed is relaying their message to the black community. They have failed miserably in that regard over the past half century to the point of basically giving up on the ďblack vote.Ē

    It only matters in the way the information is mistreated or used to mislead on this forum. The history of both parties is relevant. Itís not to say either party acts the exact same as they did 100 years ago. But too often, itís portrayed as the Republicans are the party of racism and nothing could be farther from the truth.

  15. #1695
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    Did you read this part from ManRam : "Democrat" is the name of a party. It's not an ideology. The Democrats were the right wing/conservative party 150 years ago. They obviously aren't today.

    You can't just ignore this fact. Just because the parties have the same name does not mean they've shared the same ideas. I mean for christ sakes - Republicans complain all the time about the socialist democratic party and the new extreme progressives. These are because ideology CHANGES. The new class of Democrats in the House are NOTHING like Dems were 10, 20, etc. years ago.

    I leave you with this important factoid - if Abraham Lincoln was alive today, there is no doubt that he would align with todays Democratic party. The 'party of Lincoln' is no more, I would have to imagine (an opinion obviously) that Lincoln would be disgusted with what the Republican party is today.
    No. You are wrong regarding Lincoln. The values displayed by the Republican Party, including Lincoln, are much in line with the values displayed today. While Lincoln was much more pro federal govt than modern day republicans, it was at a time when the federal govt was extremely small in comparison to today. But as you stated, times change. Where they are similar is the fact that the party under Lincoln was extremely pro ďbig businessĒ and religious. The entire north was fueled by big businesses. Sound familiar?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •