Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 112 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2145
  1. #1666
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    73,021
    "Who created the KKK"?

    I'd say the KKK was founded, initially, by a small group of former Confederate soldiers who espoused far-right white supremacist beliefs. It started to band together with other far-right white supremacist vigilante groups -- antiblack vigilante groups, disgruntled white farmers, wartime guerillas, illegal whiskey distillers, displaced Democratic politicians, white Republicans who sympathized with Democrats, thieves and criminals, and so on -- to become what it is known for today. Eventually as the largely unorganized groups coalesced and became organized, the far-right white nationalist Democratic Party began to embrace them and in many instances used them as a militant arm to grow their power and win elections through their reign of terror.

    It is not hard to use "Democrats" and "the (first) KKK" together in the same sentence.

    But when you say "it was founded BY Democrats" it's clear what you mean. And it's an almost useless statement to make when you're using it to insinuate the things you are. To apply it to politics today. To say "hey, your Party are the real racists!"

    "Democrat (in 1870)" means something completely and entirely different than "Democrat (in 2019)". Again, we know what you're trying to allege and how it relates to politics today and it's gross and laughable. An utter joke. Just say what you're alleging and spare us all the time. Tell me how I'm the KKK guy!

    "Far-right white supremacists" worked then and it works now. I don't give a **** if they were "Democrats" or "Republicans" because those words then mean nothing now. But it's all you got so keep on firing away.
    Last edited by ManRam; 12-04-2019 at 03:33 PM. Reason: typos
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

  2. #1667
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    43,061
    Once a democrat always a democrat. THAT'S WHAT I SAY
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #1668
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    29,207
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I wouldn’t want to associate with it either if it were the party I supported that committed these atrocities. But it was the democrat party and a case can be made they are still against minorities. Their policies certainly haven’t helped minorities since they garnered their support.

    Also, I never understand your last point. I agree, most likely, those who are racist/sexist/whateverist probably embrace Trump more so than democrats. But that doesn’t mean Trump embraces them. However, back in the days of the KKK creation, Democrats were not only embraced it, they helped create it. That’s a huge difference.
    Trump definitely embraces them, lmao, cmon man!! Hes the entire reason his political move gained any momentum.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  4. #1669
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    29,207
    I find it odd when a republican brings up the old democrat party and make a list of things to bash them for, but that entire list is exactly the republicans today. So when you bash the old democrats for racism, why do you support the new republicans racism??

    The **** makes no sense..
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  5. #1670
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    44,462
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Trump definitely embraces them, lmao, cmon man!! Hes the entire reason his political move gained any momentum.
    That last sentence looks fairly butchered but it seems as though you're saying "Trump's support of the KKK is the reason his political movement gained any momentum"? If so, that's a big hearty serving of LOL.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  6. #1671
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    29,207
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    That last sentence looks fairly butchered but it seems as though you're saying "Trump's support of the KKK is the reason his political movement gained any momentum"? If so, that's a big hearty serving of LOL.
    Close, kkk type people support for trump is what fueled the initial surge of his political movement
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  7. #1672
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,907
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Close, kkk type people support for trump is what fueled the initial surge of his political movement
    I posted it earlier in the thread but an example would be him gaining such support with birthirism initially. It jumped him way up in support compared to normal.

    Then he campaigned off a wall, ban Muslims, rhetoric at immigrants, questioning if a judge can do his job as a Mexican etc.

    The issue is you at times seem to take it too far and it seems like you are saying these are the only reasons for support etc but I think you have a point based on what trumps actually been doing and the support to follow


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #1673
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    44,462
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Close, kkk type people support for trump is what fueled the initial surge of his political movement
    Close? More like dead on....and as per usual, you are full of it. There's no way the support of the KKK would be a springboard to political success in this country in this day and age. The KKK is a tiny group that is absolutely loathed by basically everyone, and their impact on something like this would be minuscule at best (and likely be a net negative if anything).

    You get so emotional about any topic that involves race, that it's basically impossible to have an honest conversation with you about anything within this realm.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  9. #1674
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,019
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    "Who created the KKK"?

    I'd say the KKK was founded, initially, by a small group of former Confederate soldiers who espoused far-right white supremacist beliefs. It started to band together with other far-right white supremacist vigilante groups -- antiblack vigilante groups, disgruntled white farmers, wartime guerillas, illegal whiskey distillers, displaced Democratic politicians, white Republicans who sympathized with Democrats, thieves and criminals, and so on -- to become what it is known for today. Eventually as the largely unorganized groups coalesced and became organized, the far-right white nationalist Democratic Party began to embrace them and in many instances used them as a militant arm to grow their power and win elections through their reign of terror.

    It is not hard to use "Democrats" and "the (first) KKK" together in the same sentence.

    But when you say "it was founded BY Democrats" it's clear what you mean. And it's an almost useless statement to make when you're using it to insinuate the things you are. To apply it to politics today. To say "hey, your Party are the real racists!"

    "Democrat (in 1870)" means something completely and entirely different than "Democrat (in 2019)". Again, we know what you're trying to allege and how it relates to politics today and it's gross and laughable. An utter joke. Just say what you're alleging and spare us all the time. Tell me how I'm the KKK guy!

    "Far-right white supremacists" worked then and it works now. I don't give a **** if they were "Democrats" or "Republicans" because those words then mean nothing now. But it's all you got so keep on firing away.
    I'm by no means a scholar on the subject, but the KKK started as a straight up community group that wasn't racist. But it became racist in the typical way things do ... leadership started looking for who to blame for the difficulty of the people in their community and chose to blame the black people.

    The same thing has happened countless times where a group is created with one intent and it gets focused into a single path that is completely different than the initial direction of it. A recent example is the Tea Party. It started as an issue regular people had with the waste in the government as a reaction to the GOP being bloated and controlled by big business, then it expanded to include Democrats, then as big contributors started "supporting" it it was quickly twisted to being only anti-Democrat party, and also started having members using racist rhetoric. Several of the founders left saying it had nothing to do with what it started out as.

    ALL THAT SAID ... it's asinine to say anything positive about the KKK today.

  10. #1675
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,019
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Close, kkk type people support for trump is what fueled the initial surge of his political movement
    I don't think it was primarily "kkk type people", I think it was that he was effective at convincing people and that he was promising them he cared about them and would help them economically.

    He also got support from kkk type people because he's a racist who was saying stupid things about brown people.

  11. #1676
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    43,061
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    "Who created the KKK"?

    I'd say the KKK was founded, initially, by a small group of former Confederate soldiers who espoused far-right white supremacist beliefs. It started to band together with other far-right white supremacist vigilante groups -- antiblack vigilante groups, disgruntled white farmers, wartime guerillas, illegal whiskey distillers, displaced Democratic politicians, white Republicans who sympathized with Democrats, thieves and criminals, and so on -- to become what it is known for today. Eventually as the largely unorganized groups coalesced and became organized, the far-right white nationalist Democratic Party began to embrace them and in many instances used them as a militant arm to grow their power and win elections through their reign of terror.

    It is not hard to use "Democrats" and "the (first) KKK" together in the same sentence.

    But when you say "it was founded BY Democrats" it's clear what you mean. And it's an almost useless statement to make when you're using it to insinuate the things you are. To apply it to politics today. To say "hey, your Party are the real racists!"

    "Democrat (in 1870)" means something completely and entirely different than "Democrat (in 2019)". Again, we know what you're trying to allege and how it relates to politics today and it's gross and laughable. An utter joke. Just say what you're alleging and spare us all the time. Tell me how I'm the KKK guy!

    "Far-right white supremacists" worked then and it works now. I don't give a **** if they were "Democrats" or "Republicans" because those words then mean nothing now. But it's all you got so keep on firing away.
    So when did they get out of the hating business and into the keeping Democrats in elected offices business? What do they do now?
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  12. #1677
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,019
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I find it odd when a republican brings up the old democrat party and make a list of things to bash them for, but that entire list is exactly the republicans today. So when you bash the old democrats for racism, why do you support the new republicans racism??

    The **** makes no sense..
    It's just people supporting an argument to support it without really having data to support it. It's also more evidence that the whole system is twisted around itself.

  13. #1678
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    73,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I'm by no means a scholar on the subject, but the KKK started as a straight up community group that wasn't racist.
    It evolved from "social group" to terrorist group very quickly. Like, less than a year. This is true, but I'm not sure why the distinction matters here. Your point is noted.


    I'm really just focusing on this:

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    But I do agree, that the democrat created version of the KKK was much more violent in their efforts to keep democrats in control of most of the south until the mid 1990s. The democrat responsible KKK was behind more deaths than Antifa or the modern day KKK could ever be.
    1. We know why he's said "democrat" three times in two sentences when talking about how the (first) KKK was the worst in a thread discussing the modern state of "civil unrest". I'm just trying to point out that he's being a disingenuous moron unsubtly trying to say "YOUR PARTY founded the KKK so you're the bad ones!".

    2. "Democrat" is the name of a party. It's not an ideology. The Democrats were the right wing/conservative party 150 years ago. They obviously aren't today. So who the **** cares? I'm not a Democrat because of the name of the party or because Andrew Jackson and James Buchanan are my political heroes. I'm a Democrat because I have no choice but to be because they're broadly the party that is socially and fiscally liberal. That's what I am. That's what matters. Not the name of the party. What they are, were and always will be were "far right", "white supremacists" and "ex-Confederate dip****s". Those words hold up and mean the same thing today as they did then. Democrat doesn't. But we know why Joey prefers not to use the meaningful and useful ones...

    I feel like I'm explaining something to a 5 year old, but hey....

    I guess I could've succinctly summed it all up with those two points in the first place without me reciting what I remember from middle school history classes. But hey, we all know I struggle with being succinct!

    That's really my only point here. We know what he's doing. I'll choose to call him out on his bull ****, and you can nitpick my memories from 8th grade. I'm moving on...
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

  14. #1679
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,179
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I find it odd when a republican brings up the old democrat party and make a list of things to bash them for, but that entire list is exactly the republicans today. So when you bash the old democrats for racism, why do you support the new republicans racism??

    The **** makes no sense..
    Because there’s no “new Republican racism.” Not on any large scale and not anywhere like the racism of the past democrats.

    Also, I could argue the Dems are more racist in their approach to black people. Their policies certainly have not helped black people in the past 50 years since black pepper have overwhelmingly supported them...

  15. #1680
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    29,207
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Close? More like dead on....and as per usual, you are full of it. There's no way the support of the KKK would be a springboard to political success in this country in this day and age. The KKK is a tiny group that is absolutely loathed by basically everyone, and their impact on something like this would be minuscule at best (and likely be a net negative if anything).

    You get so emotional about any topic that involves race, that it's basically impossible to have an honest conversation with you about anything within this realm.
    Not dead on, someone needs to teach you english

    In your post you said "trumps support of the kkk", in my post I said their support for trump. So it close, but exactly wrong

    I said kkk type, not kkk, basically I'm referencing your modern day average republican. A hint of racism, not too bad so it's all good, but their denial of it certainly seems to magnify it.
    Last edited by nastynice; 12-04-2019 at 07:05 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •