Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 111 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2216
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    I've never really understood that argument. It's more about conservatives vs liberals. I don't even identify as a Democrat but will proudly call myself a liberal. The democrats who created the KKK are the same type of people who proudly go to Trump rallies today. Democrat, Republican, Independent, who the **** cares? If you fought for woman's rights, against slavery, for equality, you were likely not a conservative, regardless of what the party was called. Conversatism has always managed to be on the wrong side of those issues, largely because of the religious right. I could care less about party names. They barely mean anything. The extreme, the ones who think that other races, or sexes, or sexual orientations are beneath them may have been the deomcrats long ago, but embrace Trump wholeheartedly today.
    I wouldnít want to associate with it either if it were the party I supported that committed these atrocities. But it was the democrat party and a case can be made they are still against minorities. Their policies certainly havenít helped minorities since they garnered their support.

Also, I never understand your last point. I agree, most likely, those who are racist/sexist/whateverist probably embrace Trump more so than democrats. But that doesnít mean Trump embraces them. However, back in the days of the KKK creation, Democrats were not only embraced it, they helped create it. Thatís a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Iím not but if there are some democrats around Iíll fight em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe Antifa will block traffic in your area one day Ewing and you can kick some *****

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post

They both hide their identities by wearing masks and violently attack those who oppose their views, which are, at best misguided and at worse, troublesome for the ideals of America.
    It is amazing how many "best misguided and at worse, troublesome for the ideals of Ameria", that the conservatives had fought against. child labor laws, environmentalism, women's right to vote, name an issue that the grassroots social movement champion, the conservatives were against it because "those who oppose their views, at best misguided and at worse, troublesome for THEIR ideals of America.

I see it more as Have vs Have not. This isn't a black vs white or liberal vs conservative, poor vs the middle class, all those are an illusion to keep the peons divide.

The wealthy have brought out our parties if I am lying check out how many legislation bills benefit the wealthy and companies over mom and pop's concerns over the last forty years. Now, these two parties only care who has the majority in congress so they can get massive support and guidance from their donors.

It is just a matter of how much do they want when it comes to "the haves".

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    It is amazing how many "best misguided and at worse, troublesome for the ideals of Ameria", that the conservatives had fought against. child labor laws, environmentalism, women's right to vote, name an issue that the grassroots social movement champion, the conservatives were against it because "those who oppose their views, at best misguided and at worse, troublesome for THEIR ideals of America.

I see it more as Have vs Have not. This isn't a black vs white or liberal vs conservative, poor vs the middle class, all those are an illusion to keep the peons divide.

The wealthy have brought out our parties if I am lying check out how many legislation bills benefit the wealthy and companies over mom and pop's concerns over the last forty years. Now, these two parties only care who has the majority in congress so they can get massive support and guidance from their donors.

For clarification, Iím discussing far-right/KKK members and far-left/Antifa members in that comment. I have no idea what those two entities have to do with the rest of your post. I actually agree with most of your post here in the two parties are self serving and only trying to maintain power. But that has nothing to do with Antifa vs the modern day KKK.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    I've never really understood that argument. It's more about conservatives vs liberals. I don't even identify as a Democrat but will proudly call myself a liberal. The democrats who created the KKK are the same type of people who proudly go to Trump rallies today. Democrat, Republican, Independent, who the **** cares? If you fought for woman's rights, against slavery, for equality, you were likely not a conservative, regardless of what the party was called. Conversatism has always managed to be on the wrong side of those issues, largely because of the religious right. I could care less about party names. They barely mean anything. The extreme, the ones who think that other races, or sexes, or sexual orientations are beneath them may have been the deomcrats long ago, but embrace Trump wholeheartedly today.
    I'm with you some of the way, but far left political ideologies seem to hate women and different sexual orientations too (USSR/Russia, China, etc).

I think there are *******s all over the spectrum, it's just that they choose different areas to be *******s.

Welcome to the dark side of "both sides" that I'm accused of regularly.

For clarification, Iím discussing far-right/KKK members and far-left/Antifa members in that comment. I have no idea what those two entities have to do with the rest of your post. I actually agree with most of your post here in the two parties are self serving and only trying to maintain power. But that has nothing to do with Antifa vs the modern day KKK.
    Well, the KKK had support from the government at one time, even now you have congressional members voicing the new kkk name, the respectable-sounding white nationalism.

Most of these young kids are just loud mouth jerks who only have their whiteness to be proud of than what they can accomplish. The true KKK of the sixties would make them crap their pants in five minutes. Those were hard, vicious and committed men compare to these white nationals, the repackage KKK.

Antifa is a non-passive reactionary group (the closest in time, Black Panthers, Weathermen), nobody in government supports them, and their desire to fight KKK and white nationalists are idiotic bordering on drunken frat boys looking for a fight impulse. Hell, you could call them both Fight Clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Welcome to the dark side of "both sides" that I'm accused of regularly.
    Been there for a long time, bro.

Well, the KKK had support from the government at one time, even now you have congressional members voicing the new kkk name, the respectable-sounding white nationalism.

Most of these young kids are just loud mouth jerks who only have their whiteness to be proud of than what they can accomplish. The true KKK of the sixties would make them crap their pants in five minutes. Those were hard, vicious and committed men compare to these white nationals, the repackage KKK.

Antifa is a non-passive reactionary group (the closest in time, Black Panthers, Weathermen), nobody in government supports them, and their desire to fight KKK and white nationalists are idiotic bordering on drunken frat boys looking for a fight impulse. Hell, you could call them both Fight Clubs.
    I do not disagree with most of this except the part about modern day white nationalism/KKK and Antifa in their various support from the govt. I donít believe modern day KKK gets support from Republicans. If they do, itís definitely hidden as white nationalism and the KKK are frowned upon for obvious reasons. I did see a report in where democrat candidates for president would not denounce Antifas tactics and philosophies but perhaps that was just because they didnít like the person asking them the question.

I do not disagree with most of this except the part about modern day white nationalism/KKK and Antifa in their various support from the govt. I donít believe modern day KKK gets support from Republicans. If they do, itís definitely hidden as white nationalism and the KKK are frowned upon for obvious reasons. I did see a report in where democrat candidates for president would not denounce Antifas tactics and philosophies but perhaps that was just because they didnít like the person asking them the question.
    I can name some government officials with White Nationalism leaning.

Trump adviser Sebastian Gorka, who has ties to nazi sympathizers and far-right Hungarian political groups.

Steve Bannon, who we know and is presently on a goodwill tour to visit European far-right groups, who some, have Putin's flavor.

There is another who names escape me who was behind Trump's restriction on Muslim travel to this country. A tall balding geeky looking guy

Congressman Steve King has lost major congressional committee seats voicing his white nationalist rhetoric.

That is off the top of my head.
    Last edited by WES445; 12-04-2019 at 12:40 PM.

I'm with you some of the way, but far left political ideologies seem to hate women and different sexual orientations too (USSR/Russia, China, etc).
    Would you say that about modern American leftists?

---------

To the earlier nonsense.

"Democrats created the KKK" is a flat out lie and every time it's peddled by joey's favorite propagandist it's readily shot down by anyone who actually knows anything. Take the 4 seconds to research it yourself.

By the end of the 1920s there were 11 governors, 16 senators and 75 congressmen who were claimed by the KKK to be members. The numbers were split right down the middle in terms of Democrats and Republicans. In the South, Jim Crow supporting Democrats were the right fit for the Klan. In the Midwest the Klan largely took root among Republicans. The Oregon Klan was Democratic, the Indiana Klan was Republican. Etc. etc. etc.

And by now, I feel like everyone should know about the party switch. A "Democrat" in the late 1800s doesn't at all resemble a "Democrat" today. Post-Civil War, Republicans dominated northern state politics and were broadly eager to expand federal power, fund things like the transcontinental railroad and state university systems. Southern Democrats largely opposed hat. Republicans were passing laws to protect African Americans and advance social justice; Democrats largely opposed those too.

Sounds like an alternate reality.

By 1936 FDR won as a Democrat touting the New Deal, welfare and pension programs, regulating financial institutions, and so on. Between the 1860s and 1936 the parties "switched", due to a variety of more complicated matters. I'll save the paragraphs and just say that you can go spend 5 minutes reading about it yourself.

The words "Republican" and "Democrat" mean entirely different things then and now.

But even if they didn't, who cares? It's 2019. None of us associate with our Democratic/Republican counterparts from the late 1800s. It's just an insanely lazy argument to try and paint modern progressives as the real racists or some bull ****. I just don't get the point.

But "Demcorats created the KKK" is a lie. The rest is just some of the weakest arguments you can come up with to make whatever stupid point you're trying to.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & goodô now

I usually don't respond to you, but I couldn't let this one go. You are nuts if you actually think Antifa is more violent than "racists/white nationalists/KKK/etc".
    where did I say more? I said just as.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    one could make the argument that far left Antifa has been just as extreme with violence. they are often in the news with "counter" protests that become violent and cause arrests.
    this is supported..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...a3a_story.html
    Yes, antifa is the moral equivalent of neo-Nazis
    that is why I asked, what is one considering extremism? there should be no doubt by anyone that far left Antifa has been extreme. they are violet on a regular basis.

non passive reactionary? Antifa will attack literally anyone. maybe you missed the story where they attacked random Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    https://www.phillymag.com/news/2018/...massey-antifa/

Marines Testify About the ďAntifa MobĒ They Say Attacked Them in Philly

ďI could have died that day,Ē one of the marines told the court on Thursday morning.

CNN said Antifa just wanted peace. that is a lie.
    Antifa are violent and nobody should support their actions.
    I don't know if Democrats actually support them, but they certainly don't seem to want to condemn them.

the media certainly seems to support Antifa.

one side needs people to believe that Trump supports the racist white nationalists, despite Trump saying they should be condemned. I've addressed this in it's own thread. still people across America still believe Trump supports these people.

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...sville-2017-II

ďIím not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.Ē
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Would you say that about modern American leftists?

---------

To the earlier nonsense.

"Democrats created the KKK" is a flat out lie and every time it's peddled by joey's favorite propagandist it's readily shot down by anyone who actually knows anything. Take the 4 seconds to research it yourself.

By the end of the 1920s there were 11 governors, 16 senators and 75 congressmen who were claimed by the KKK to be members. The numbers were split right down the middle in terms of Democrats and Republicans. In the South, Jim Crow supporting Democrats were the right fit for the Klan. In the Midwest the Klan largely took root among Republicans. The Oregon Klan was Democratic, the Indiana Klan was Republican. Etc. etc. etc.

And by now, I feel like everyone should know about the party switch. A "Democrat" in the late 1800s doesn't at all resemble a "Democrat" today. Post-Civil War, Republicans dominated northern state politics and were broadly eager to expand federal power, fund things like the transcontinental railroad and state university systems. Southern Democrats largely opposed hat. Republicans were passing laws to protect African Americans and advance social justice; Democrats largely opposed those too.

Sounds like an alternate reality.

By 1936 FDR won as a Democrat touting the New Deal, welfare and pension programs, regulating financial institutions, and so on. Between the 1860s and 1936 the parties "switched", due to a variety of more complicated matters. I'll save the paragraphs and just say that you can go spend 5 minutes reading about it yourself.

The words "Republican" and "Democrat" mean entirely different things then and now.

But even if they didn't, who cares? It's 2019. None of us associate with our Democratic/Republican counterparts from the late 1800s. It's just an insanely lazy argument to try and paint modern progressives as the real racists or some bull ****. I just don't get the point.

But "Demcorats created the KKK" is a lie. The rest is just some of the weakest arguments you can come up with to make whatever stupid point you're trying to.
    Saying the KKK was created by democrats is not a lie. Perhaps thereís a little confusion, Iím not talking about democrats in govt. but the purpose of the KKK was to keep democrats in power in the govt.

While I agree the parties have flip flopped in who supports them, I disagree there was some big party switch. That is a lie. The south was controlled by democrats on a state and local level until well into the 90s, years after the civil rights act.

Whoa, that is big steaming pile of bs you dropped there partner. Biological weapon-grade stuff.
    Last edited by WES445; 12-04-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Whoa, that is big steaming pile of bs you dropped there partner. Biological weapon-grade stuff.
    Please explain. Who created the KKK and what was their purpose?

The democrats did control much of the south on the state and local level (basically elective positions outside the presidency) until well into the 90s.