Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 273 of 391 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 5853
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    What?

50 years ago, gay people would stay hidden. Now they are allowed to be married.

70 years ago, black people rode on the back of buses, drank from different water fountains, and used different bathrooms. Now morality is much more advanced.
    No, not allowing blacks to use the same utilities was just as ****ed up back then as it would be now.

I think what you mean is that people being more ****ed up was more widespread...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Nobody because they have both been bastardized by nations to further their power. Both religions stress compassion, but we know that isn't so in reality. It seems the powerless belief in the words of God more than those who hold power within both religion. Here in our own country, we have Christian organizations supporting Trump and during the Iraq invasions, some preachers were screaming death to muslims.

I just can't judge another religion because of the sins of my own.
    We all got sins.

My question was just sarcastic tho. I think that whole idea, or islam did more better, or christianity did more worse, I think thinking about things in that manner is a loser mentality.

I think this loser mentality is very prevalent in this discussion, which is why people keep asking me the same questions over and over. I am saying things in a very straight forward factual manner, but posters keeps insisting I word it within this mine is better than yours mentality.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    We all got sins.
    Hey, speak for yourself.

We all got sins.

My question was just sarcastic tho. I think that whole idea, or islam did more better, or christianity did more worse, I think thinking about things in that manner is a loser mentality.

I think this loser mentality is very prevalent in this discussion, which is why people keep asking me the same questions over and over. I am saying things in a very straight forward factual manner, but posters keeps insisting I word it within this mine is better than yours mentality.

Pure tribalism. I was brought up in an educational system and taught how great this nation is, but being a minority, who knows his ethnic history within this country, I associated that with the white culture thinking how great they are with no sins. Their exceptionalism. I rate this slam against Islam in that same light.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

No, not allowing blacks to use the same utilities was just as ****ed up back then as it would be now.

I think what you mean is that people being more ****ed up was more widespread...

No, I mean people in that era felt as though segregation was morally appropriate. And most felt like racism was moral as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Hey, speak for yourself.
    You ain't the messiah...

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Pure tribalism. I was brought up in an educational system and taught how great this nation is, but being a minority, who knows his ethnic history within this country, I associated that with the white culture thinking how great they are with no sins. Their exceptionalism. I rate this slam against Islam in that same light.
    Oh I hear ya, I agree.

I dont think YOU have that mentality btw, but I was just clarifying what kinda crack I was tryina make with my sarcastic comment.

No, I mean people in that era felt as though segregation was morally appropriate. And most felt like racism was moral as well.
    I dont think so. I think by and large these people knew it was morally bankrupt, they were just ok with living in a morally bankrupt situation.

Kinda like trump supporters. I dont think any of them thought banning muslims from America was morally appropriate, I think they are just ok with approaching muslims in a morally bankrupt manner.

These people would not support banning their own kind because they know it is morally bankrupt. Just as people back then wouldnt support assigning 2nd class citizen status to their own kind, because they know it is morally bankrupt.

Imo, for the most part morals dont change with time.

I dont think so. I think by and large these people knew it was morally bankrupt, they were just ok with living in a morally bankrupt situation.

Kinda like trump supporters. I dont think any of them thought banning muslims from America was morally appropriate, I think they are just ok with approaching muslims in a morally bankrupt manner.

These people would not support banning their own kind because they know it is morally bankrupt. Just as people back then wouldnt support assigning 2nd class citizen status to their own kind, because they know it is morally bankrupt.

Imo, for the most part morals dont change with time.

One of the names most commonly associated with segregation is George Wallace. Here is just one of his quotes regarding the topic...

“ We invite the negro citizens of Alabama to work with us from his separate racial station . . . as we will work with him . . . to develop, to grow in individual freedom and enrichment. We want jobs and a good future for BOTH races . . . the tubercular and the infirm. This is the basic heritage of my religion, if which I make full practice . . . . for we are all the handiwork of God.”

Wallace absolutely felt as though he was morally just in his want of segregation. As difficult as it is to believe, most ppl feel justified in their actions.

One of the names most commonly associated with segregation is George Wallace. Here is just one of his quotes regarding the topic...

“ We invite the negro citizens of Alabama to work with us from his separate racial station . . . as we will work with him . . . to develop, to grow in individual freedom and enrichment. We want jobs and a good future for BOTH races . . . the tubercular and the infirm. This is the basic heritage of my religion, if which I make full practice . . . . for we are all the handiwork of God.”

Wallace absolutely felt as though he was morally just in his want of segregation. As difficult as it is to believe, most ppl feel justified in their actions.
    That example goes against my opinion, but it doesnt change it.

after reading the last couple of pages... I am now convinced some of you are willing to speak about things you have no experience or education in.
    "But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

Is the US on a path to civil unrest?

Who gives a ****? Was he stupid enough to believe if he was black that he would have held the same beliefs? I don’t think so. Everyone rationalizes that isn’t justification

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 08-12-2020 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    after reading the last couple of pages... I am now convinced some of you are willing to speak about things you have no experience or education in.
    Looks like you found your spot then

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Who gives a ****? Was he stupid enough to believe if he was black that he would have held the same beliefs? I don’t think so. Everyone rationalizes that isn’t justification

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You think people in that era played the “what if” game? The point that he wasn’t black and he felt it was a moral obligation for everyone to keep the races segregated.

That example goes against my opinion, but it doesnt change it.

I hate when facts trump my opinion too...