Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 166 of 172 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 2575
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    lolol no. He didn't.

This is how Trump wins. It really is. You take a guy who is objectively a total moron, wildly irresponsible in nearly every facet of decision making, and just generally bad. Just a stupid, bad, dude. You take that guy and you tell people "you know what else, he hates black people - and if you vote for him you hate black people too."

You know what people who don't hate black people really don't like hearing? How much they, if you reallllly think about it, *akshually* hate black people.

And here we are.
    I didnt say trump hates black people, nor do I think he does.

I said he started off his political career by questioning the legitimacy of a black president. This resonated with lots of americans and so he took advantage of that and used it to gain support and momentum for his political career.

You horribly misread my post.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post

I said he started off his political career by questioning the legitimacy of a black president. This resonated with lots of americans and so he took advantage of that and used it to gain support and momentum for his political career.

I should clarify, I do not think trump is necessarily a racist or a bigot. I think he just acts like one in order to play a particular role which garners him support.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    While I agree, I think it's sad that people would vote for someone they think is a total moron, wildly irresponsible, and bad in nearly ever facet of decision making because someone says "if you vote for him you hate black people". Like, even if people are telling you that, shouldn't the fact he is all the things you mentioned be enough not to vote for him regardless of what people call you? Like, are you voting for someone you think is objectively terrible out of spite? It's bizarre.
    I agree. But when you run Hillary Clinton out there on the other end, it's amazing what you can do.

And that's not me looking to rehash Trump/Clinton, that's not me equating Clinton to Trump. I'm just pointing out what happened, happened.

'16 should've been an absolute walk for Democrats. They imploded.

I agree. But when you run Hillary Clinton out there on the other end, it's amazing what you can do.

And that's not me looking to rehash Trump/Clinton, that's not me equating Clinton to Trump. I'm just pointing out what happened, happened.

'16 should've been an absolute walk for Democrats. They imploded.
    I agree.

The whole birther thing is really not how he began his political career though. It was years before he formally entered the arena. And when he did, he ran on a great number of things but none of them were the legitimacy of the previous guy's Presidency. He absolutely painted Clinton (correctly) as a continuation of everything Obama was, you can say he ran on that certainly - but no that's not the same as running on Obama's illegitimacy. That didn't happen.

And the poster who was saying he ran on immigration is much closer to correct. He ran on a lot of things, that was probably the largest of them.

The thing is you're free to wear a hat with a swastika. What's great about America is, if you want to be a Nazi in public you have to deal with repercussions of being a Nazi in public, and you're going to pay the price for wearing your swastika in public. But you're free to do so. A MAGA hat, a p***y hat, or a Yankees hat work exactly the same way. Wear whatever you want, be prepared for the consequences of wearing it. Dealing with consequences is not the same as being told what you can and cannot wear. Some people have trouble grasping that.
    Those MAGA hats can work well as a people repellent.

https://youtu.be/B2oLFKYNInQ

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

The whole birther thing is really not how he began his political career though. It was years before he formally entered the arena. And when he did, he ran on a great number of things but none of them were the legitimacy of the previous guy's Presidency. He absolutely painted Clinton (correctly) as a continuation of everything Obama was, you can say he ran on that certainly - but no that's not the same as running on Obama's illegitimacy. That didn't happen.

And the poster who was saying he ran on immigration is much closer to correct. He ran on a lot of things, that was probably the largest of them.
    Hate to break it to you but there is no use trying to talk sense to someone that is so completely entrenched in their own personal biases.

No. He started questioning the legitimacy of a black president. This was what sparked his campaign. He knew people were pissed. Having a black president bothered a lot of people and that's what he used to put himself in the political spotlight and start this run.

Not immigration. Black president.

Trump questioning Obama being an American citizen has nothing to do with the MAGA slogan.

when Trump ran for President in 2015 it was his comments about immigrants from Mexico being rapists murders along with the call for Muslims being banned and how the media covered that that had more of an impact on people's perception of a racist message.

the birther thing didn't even start with Trump, so if this was reason for a message about people being racist then it should have to more be connected to Hillary Clinton's campaign.

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/pol...102354777.html

Two supporters of Hillary Clintonís 2008 presidential campaign reportedly shared the claim that then-rival Barack Obama was not born in the United States and thus was not eligible to be president.

One was a volunteer in Iowa, who was fired, Clintonís former campaign manager said Friday. The other was Clinton confidant Sidney Blumenthal, according to a former McClatchy Washington Bureau chief.
    I don't know if this is where Trump got the idea and he certainly took it much further, but one could say that it wasn't Trump that just pulled this from nowhere if he knew about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

https://thehill.com/regulation/court...-activists-doj

Federal officials on Wednesday arrested and charged four alleged white supremacists in a plot to threaten journalists and activists, the Justice Department announced.
    I support these people being punished.held accountable.
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    https://thehill.com/regulation/court...-activists-doj

I support these people being punished.held accountable.
    You want a cookie?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You want a cookie?
    yes.

it's unfortunate when I feel the need to post this because if I don't then people have the narrative that I support it, despite that not being true.

It's unfortunate when you feel the need to post anything tbh.

Agreed however there may be a nuanced point Nasty is getting at which is his initial surge as a politician happened when he pushed the birthirism movement. Trump had a 2000 campaign even if not realistic at the time so he has tried before. Things changed in 2011 though as for the first time ever Trump hit the top of the polls for republican party while pushing birthirism.

https://www.npr.org/sections/itsallp...op-field-at-26

https://www.politico.com/story/2011/...ollapse-054661
    "As the "birther" issue that he championed started fading with the release of President Barack Obama's birth certificate, so did Trump's poll position. Only 34 percent of GOPers still have a favorable opinion of Trump, compared with 53 percent who view him unfavorably, according to the survey."

In 2011 long before his successful run he actually polled at the top of the party for a short period while pushing birthirism until Obama released his birth certificate. I am not aware of any other time in the past where this was true other than when pushing birthirism.

It wasn't the start of his political career necessarily in a technical sense but I do think it may have been the first time he was looked at as more of a serious possibility/was leading the republican party in polls at the time of pushing birthirism

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    It's unfortunate when you feel the need to post anything tbh.
    It's equally unfortunate that you and others choose to respond to his posts. You guys ***** and moan about him, and follow up by responding to his posts.

What do you think he's gonna do? Not respond because you respond to him?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

I really don't care what he does and generally only talk to him to remind him and others what a clueless fraud he is (and that he's a Canadian who doesn't give a damn about the politics of his own country but is genuinely obsessed with American politics and race relations as a source of entertainment for some odd reason).

He's gonna run his mouth with the same old nonsense regardless of whether I or anyone else responds to him. If literally everyone had the restraint necessary to completely ignore him 100% of the time, he MIGHT tone it down or find another venue but a) that ain't happening and b) I wouldn't put money on that being the result even if it did somehow happen.