Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 164 of 172 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 2575
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    You have shown the same attitude about blacks in police misconduct cases. The "they must have done something to warrant this police action"
    never when there is actual evidence to support it, in situations where I don't think their race played a role.
    Eric Garner for example. he wasn't targeted for nothing, he was again illegally selling cigarettes. even if what happened should not have happened, there was a reason for it and an intent to subdue him.
    in other examples where race was involved I supported the person who was black, like when Walter Scott was shot despite running away and not even close to the officer.

Anyway, Maga people are always whining about something, or in trouble, so what is new?
    now imagine someone replacing MAGA with black, black people are always whining about something or in trouble. how would that make you feel? I know damn well that you would be offended by that.
    for the record I'm not saying the bold is accurate.

how does it make you feel when black people are often targeted for nothing other than being black, harassed, attacked. I already know that this would bother you, and rightfully so. you have a right to this bothering you because this happening is wrong.
    there are people like myself that support Trump. when I see Trump supporters routinely being harassed and attacked for nothing other than supporting Trump then that is wrong, and it shouldn't be hard for people to agree.

Not so much worrisome, but predictable. What he described as unacceptable or should not be tolerated...is.
    ding ding ding, you win! congratulations on saying something that is common sense.

now think about what I have been saying related to people being attacked for literally nothing other than supporting the President of the United States of America. that should be "unacceptable or should not be tolerated"

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    They want the law to protect white people and to keep black and brown folks in line. That's what MAGA stands for.
    this is straight up ignorant. this is evidence how gullible people have been brainwashed, that Make America GREAT Again is something bad, yes people have become this ****ing stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    You have got to be kidding me. This is the go to response from the right to any time black people complain about police brutality.

The fact that this even needs to be pointed out to you is worrisome
    and when it happens it's not right/fair, is it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Not at all. MAGA means to bring back pride as an American and love for our country. Every color is welcome.
    Make America Great Again. When was it allegedly so great and who was it really great for? Because there is a wide swath of the country who sorry but America was never really that great for. Hell even in this century, black people still need to worry about the cops coming by and stopping them on the side of the street and searching them against their 4th Amendment rights. There are still men with tiki torches going around talking about "Jews will not replace us". Women are still limited in their recourse against their attackers, both in the professional environment where they consistently make less than their male coworkers and medically where they are forced to jump over ridiculous hurdles to get access to treatment...and while this applies to abortion, I am actually just referring to contraception.

So you can pretend that MAGA isn't about white power, but it isn't doing a damn thing to help anyone of color.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Make America Great Again. When was it allegedly so great and who was it really great for? Because there is a wide swath of the country who sorry but America was never really that great for. Hell even in this century, black people still need to worry about the cops coming by and stopping them on the side of the street and searching them against their 4th Amendment rights. There are still men with tiki torches going around talking about "Jews will not replace us". Women are still limited in their recourse against their attackers, both in the professional environment where they consistently make less than their male coworkers and medically where they are forced to jump over ridiculous hurdles to get access to treatment...and while this applies to abortion, I am actually just referring to contraception.

So you can pretend that MAGA isn't about white power, but it isn't doing a damn thing to help anyone of color.
    this is how easily people are brainwashed/manipualted, that don't know what MAGA is for. it was never intended to be everything about America at this past time was great so lets make everything like that again. it wasn't about everything then or now.

as for the last part, right now there is record low unemployment for both Hispanics and African Americans.
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

As a previous poster has posted, you just aren't aware of the hypocrisy of your stance in comparison to the stance you took on police misconduct against Blacks. When I express the racist attitude ( That you have shared with us in the BLack issues Thread) that blacks get and applied to MAGA people. You pop a blood vessel.

The reason no one takes you seriously or your stances is because of this hypocrisy.

So keep whining about MAGA treatment and the purity of your intent, and we will keep ignoring you or ridiculing you.

Notice I just deleted all that dribble you posted
    Last edited by WES445; 02-25-2020 at 11:14 AM.

As a previous poster has posted, you just aren't aware of the hypocrisy of your stance in comparison to the stance you took on police misconduct against Blacks. When I express the racist attitude ( That you have shared with us in the BLack issues Thread) that blacks get and applied to MAGA people. You pop a blood vessel.

The reason no one takes you seriously or your stances is because of this hypocrisy.

So keep whining about MAGA treatment and the purity of your intent, and we will keep ignoring you or ridiculing you.

Notice I just deleted all that dribble you posted
    you and others fail to understand that people being attacked is wrong, and after using an example to try and help you understand you still fail. you might as well come out and say Trump supporters deserve it. otherwise it shouldn't be this hard to have common sense.

I have specifically said multiple times what I'm comparing is not exactly the same, and still you fail to understand. absolutely what blacks have had gone through is much worse, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to understand what I'm saying. these Trump supporters being attacked, over and over, are not happening because they did something wrong. innocent people for whatever reason should not be attacked. you should be able to understand this.

The whole MAGA thing is way overblown. Many campaigns have had a similar idea as a slogan. It doesn't necessarily have racist intent. It generally just means "We should be great but we've slipped", which, based on the conversations on this site everyone agrees that the US isn't what it should be now, and I hope most of us would rather have the US be great. It's just a stupid empty slogan that people put meaning in to cause division.

America has always been great. It is the greatest country to ever have existed so far. Now, it hasn't always reached its potential that it has, but to demonize it about its past faults without seeing its incredible strengths is just in complete bad faith.
    And once again, MAGA is about being proud to be an American and to bring back the belief that America is indeed, a great place.

America has always been great. It is the greatest country to ever have existed so far. Now, it hasn't always reached its potential that it has, but to demonize it about its past faults without seeing its incredible strengths is just in complete bad faith.
    I am plenty proud to be an American who criticizes the country for its current faults while at the same time praising it for its current strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The whole MAGA thing is way overblown. Many campaigns have had a similar idea as a slogan. It doesn't necessarily have racist intent. It generally just means "We should be great but we've slipped", which, based on the conversations on this site everyone agrees that the US isn't what it should be now, and I hope most of us would rather have the US be great. It's just a stupid empty slogan that people put meaning in to cause division.
    Bingo.

It depends in what context it is being pushed. You got a guy who in his first campaign speech talk about Mexican illegals as the worst of Mexico, rapists and drug smugglers. With federal fines for racist practices in his real estate firm in his past, rethinking the idea that being born here makes one a citizen because of asian's anchor babies and talking about Muslim bans, of course, non-whites going to tie that slogan to racist intent. Before he even enters offices he has attack non-whites for various reasons while spewing his "Make America Great Again" which the more racist element of our society cheered on.

Now, if someone like Jimmy Carter, a true Christian president, and whose mother worked in peace corp, use the slogan, we wouldn't assume the same things.
    Last edited by WES445; 02-25-2020 at 01:45 PM.

And once again, MAGA is about being proud to be an American and to bring back the belief that America is indeed, a great place.
    If I were to buy this, I would have to completely ignore the words used in the slogan. You're aware that MAGA is short for Make America Great Again. Right? The words very clearly imply that America is not great now, which contradicts what you've said here. Then the question is when was America so great? What made it that way? And who was it great for at that time? The last question is going to get you into a whole lot of trouble. Because there really isn't an honest answer if you are non-white. Before 1865, black people were property. Before 1965, they were generously described as second class citizens. Even today, they are still not treated as equals in society. Incarcerated at far higher rates than the regular population, cheated out of educational opportunities, and looked down upon my many people. We can pick out any ethnic group, and you will find that it wasn't such a great place for them.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Seriously. It's a four word campaign slogan that people are trying to read in to super deeply and/or define in a way that supports their current political outlook.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

If I were to buy this, I would have to completely ignore the words used in the slogan. You're aware that MAGA is short for Make America Great Again. Right? The words very clearly imply that America is not great now, which contradicts what you've said here. Then the question is when was America so great? What made it that way? And who was it great for at that time? The last question is going to get you into a whole lot of trouble. Because there really isn't an honest answer if you are non-white. Before 1865, black people were property. Before 1965, they were generously described as second class citizens. Even today, they are still not treated as equals in society. Incarcerated at far higher rates than the regular population, cheated out of educational opportunities, and looked down upon my many people. We can pick out any ethnic group, and you will find that it wasn't such a great place for them.
    This is simply your extremely biased and partisan take (real shocker, I know) on what a four word campaign slogan means. Making something great again doesn't have to equate to making something great in the exact way it was great in the distant past.

It's an empty slogan that you're putting your own spin on and then pretending like your spin is the unquestionable definition. Emotional and theatrical nonsense is your specialty when it comes to political discourse though, so I am not the least bit surprised.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

It depends in what context it is being pushed. You got a guy who in his first campaign speech talk about Mexican illegals as the worst of Mexico, rapists and drug smugglers.
    based on actual evidence to support it being true.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    This is simply your extremely biased and partisan take (real shocker, I know) on what a four word campaign slogan means. Making something great again doesn't have to equate to making something great in the exact way it was great in the distant past.

It's an empty slogan that you're putting your own spin on and then pretending like your spin is the unquestionable definition. Emotional and theatrical nonsense is your specialty when it comes to political discourse though, so I am not the least bit surprised.
    bravo, excellent point on topic.

this is the ignorance in America about the MAGA hat.

“Miracle on Ice” hockey legend Mike Eruzione said that he regrets putting on the “Keep America Great” hat during President Donald Trump’s rally Feb. 21.

Trump celebrated the 40th anniversary of the “Miracle on Ice” gold medal win, surrounded on stage by the 1980 USA hockey team. The team beat the Soviet Union en route to their success, and ten of them wore “Keep America Great” hats as they stood on stage with Trump. The decision sparked backlash, with people saying that the hats symbolized hatred and racism.

“If we knew we were going to piss off this many people, we probably would not have put the hats on,” Eruzione, the team’s captain, told the Washington Post. “That’s the big question here. A lot of the stuff I got was, ‘You guys said it’s not political, but when you put the hats on, you made it political.'”
    someone is being heavily criticized simply for putting on a hat that says Make America great Again.
    people have become stupid enough to push/believe that this hat/slogan is a symbol of hate and racism.