Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 165 of 172 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 2574
  1. #2461
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    20,863
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    this is the ignorance in America about the MAGA hat.



    someone is being heavily criticized simply for putting on a hat that says Make America great Again.
    people have become stupid enough to push/believe that this hat/slogan is a symbol of hate and racism.
    It's pretty insane.

    People conflate what they believe to be representative of hate/racism with what everyone believes, or must believe to be representative of hate/racism.

    It's undemocratic, it's unethical, it's altogether backward. I'll tell you what it does though, when people scream about stupid ****ing hats. It gets fundamentally polarizing figures that tear at America's fabric like Donald Trump elected. Maybe twice.


  2. #2462
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    30,258
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    ]

    and when it happens it's not right/fair, is it.
    YES, you are 100% correct, that reaction is not right or fair. That is the exact point wes was making, he reacted the way he did because he was making a joke about how the right always reacts to minorities in these situations.

    Looks like wes actually made his point to you. That these reaction are not right, so hopefully next time fox plasters stories about a minority in this sort of situation, instead if supporting their racist approach this time you can start opposing it.

    I'll say this, fnk shows growth. Over the past few months he has very clearly said trump trying to ban all muslims was wrong. That's growth. He just now said when the right approaches minorities as guilty until proven innocent, that's wrong. I give you props for that fnk, you aren't closed minded.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  3. #2463
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    30,258
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    this is the ignorance in America about the MAGA hat.



    someone is being heavily criticized simply for putting on a hat that says Make America great Again.
    people have become stupid enough to push/believe that this hat/slogan is a symbol of hate and racism.
    Trumps entire i intial spark of this movement was started off platform of racism. Of course people will then see the hats as representing that.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  4. #2464
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    this is the ignorance in America about the MAGA hat.



    someone is being heavily criticized simply for putting on a hat that says Make America great Again.
    people have become stupid enough to push/believe that this hat/slogan is a symbol of hate and racism.
    I understand your point about derangement but this isn't simply about putting on a hat. The MAGA/KAG hats are campaign tools so putting one on in that environment is a political statement and shouldn't have been done.

  5. #2465
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    23,596
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Trumps entire i intial spark of this movement was started off platform of racism. Of course people will then see the hats as representing that.
    no it wasn't. I don't think this is your fault, you have been brainwashed. Trump stated out talking about illegal immigrants, not immigrants in general. but the anti Trump media pushed it was simply anti immigration and just like you many bought it.







    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Boudreaux View Post
    I understand your point about derangement but this isn't simply about putting on a hat. The MAGA/KAG hats are campaign tools so putting one on in that environment is a political statement and shouldn't have been done.
    it shouldn't be controversial for someone to put on a campaign tool that supports the current President and the success that he has had in America.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  6. #2466
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    23,596
    there is no doubt that racism is a problem in America. but it doesn't help when people abuse the word racist, which only hurts real examples/evidence of racism.

    https://www.postbulletin.com/news/st...98f0be8e9.html

    A vinyl sign outside the Wadena VFW recently drew one complaint and a lot of approval, according to club manager Cody Boyer.

    The banner reads: “IF YOU CAN’T STAND FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM YOU DON’T NEED TO SIT IN THIS BAR.”

    As the bar serves as the site for the local Veterans of Foreign Wars, Boyer felt this was the right place to share this message. It’s a response to those who decide to kneel during the national anthem, a movement that has created plenty of controversy in recent years.

    Boyer said the one complaint he received was from a woman he hadn't spoken with as of Tuesday, Feb. 25. She found the sign to be racist, Boyer said. He said in addition to a complaint at the bar on Saturday, Feb. 22, the woman reached out to Grain Belt Beer, the sponsor of the sign. Grain Belt officials then told Boyer they didn’t want to be a part of the banner, Boyer said. He insisted the banner would stay up.

    “I will cover up their logo though,” Boyer said. “There is no intention of tearing the sign down. Matter of fact, I would like to get a bigger one.”

    Boyer likened the sign controversy to that surrounding the Nativity scene placed on city property, which was later moved to private property. That controversial subject brought national media attention on Wadena in 2015. He feels he has the right to share the message and he is not telling anyone they can’t be served at the VFW, which is home to the Elmer Goche VFW Post 3922. He feels passionate about veterans and the flag that they defend.

    “I’m not discriminating against anyone,” Boyer said.

    Aside from the one complaint, Boyer said comments have been positive.

    “If anything, I have gained customers because of it,” Boyer said. He’s had requests from customers to sign the banner. Even Grain Belt Beer sales were up at the Wadena bar, he said.

    The bar was crowded Tuesday with patrons including Leo Kempf, who serves on the Honor Guard of the local post.

    "There's no reason they should be against it," Kempf, a Vietnam veteran, said of those who won't stand for the national anthem.

    Another patron, Doug Bjerke, didn't mince words.

    "If they don't like it, I'd tell them 'get out,' " said Bjerke, a Wadena resident and member of the VFW club. "If it wasn't for veterans we wouldn't have this country ... It's a VFW, it's not a girls volleyball club."

    Elmer Goche VFW Post 3922 Commander Phil Thoennes said he's heard nothing but positive things about the banner. He believes it should have one word change — instead of "can't," he said it should read "won't," as in "if you won't stand." He recognizes that some people are physically unable to stand. Other than that, the Vietnam War veteran said, "I like it."

    "We really believe everyone who lives in this country should respect our flag and stand for our national anthem," he said.

    The August Schell Brewing Co. in New Ulm makes Grain Belt Beer. They could not be reached for comment. The identity of the woman who complained about the banner was unknown and there was no contact information available for her from the club.
    there is nothing racist about this sign, or wanting people to stand for the American national anthem. this is why this method of protest has not accomplished what it should have, when more often the conversation is about the method of protest and now the reason for the protest.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  7. #2467
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    20,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Boudreaux View Post
    I understand your point about derangement but this isn't simply about putting on a hat. The MAGA/KAG hats are campaign tools so putting one on in that environment is a political statement and shouldn't have been done.
    There's actually no environment in America (outside of a prison) where a person's choice in clothing should be dictated against their will. So no, the environment is not a valid reason for any such restriction. Despite recent trends, this is in fact still a free country. This is still America.


  8. #2468
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    23,596
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    There's actually no environment in America (outside of a prison) where a person's choice in clothing should be dictated against their will. So no, the environment is not a valid reason for any such restriction. Despite recent trends, this is in fact still a free country. This is still America.
    I can understand the argument. for example if someone wore a hat with a swastika I'm sure that would be criticized/attacked and many would agree. the problem is too many people have pushed the red MAGA hat is actually a comparable symbol to the swastika for hate and racism, which is simply ignorant.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  9. #2469
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    20,863
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I can understand the argument. for example if someone wore a hat with a swastika I'm sure that would be criticized/attacked and many would agree. the problem is too many people have pushed the red MAGA hat is actually a comparable symbol to the swastika for hate and racism, which is simply ignorant.
    The thing is you're free to wear a hat with a swastika. What's great about America is, if you want to be a Nazi in public you have to deal with repercussions of being a Nazi in public, and you're going to pay the price for wearing your swastika in public. But you're free to do so. A MAGA hat, a p***y hat, or a Yankees hat work exactly the same way. Wear whatever you want, be prepared for the consequences of wearing it. Dealing with consequences is not the same as being told what you can and cannot wear. Some people have trouble grasping that.


  10. #2470
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    There's actually no environment in America (outside of a prison) where a person's choice in clothing should be dictated against their will. So no, the environment is not a valid reason for any such restriction. Despite recent trends, this is in fact still a free country. This is still America.
    Eruzione expressed some consternation with the fact he was accused of making things political. He appeared at a political rally and donned campaign gear. If he didn't want to be accused of making things political he shouldn't have done it.

  11. #2471
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    20,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Boudreaux View Post
    Eruzione expressed some consternation with the fact he was accused of making things political. He appeared at a political rally and donned campaign gear. If he didn't want to be accused of making things political he shouldn't have done it.
    I would agree that wearing political attire at a political event is making things political.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Boudreaux View Post
    putting one on in that environment is a political statement and shouldn't have been done
    But this is what you said.


  12. #2472
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    91
    I figured that's how you took it which is why I clarified what I meant. The comment was a specific response to Eruzione, it was not a general statement about what people should wear.

  13. #2473
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    30,258
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    no it wasn't. I don't think this is your fault, you have been brainwashed. Trump stated out talking about illegal immigrants, not immigrants in general. but the anti Trump media pushed it was simply anti immigration and just like you many bought it.
    .
    No. He started questioning the legitimacy of a black president. This was what sparked his campaign. He knew people were pissed. Having a black president bothered a lot of people and that's what he used to put himself in the political spotlight and start this run.

    Not immigration. Black president.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  14. #2474
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    20,863
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No. He started questioning the legitimacy of a black president. This was what sparked his campaign. He knew people were pissed. Having a black president bothered a lot of people and that's what he used to put himself in the political spotlight and start this run.

    Not immigration. Black president.
    lolol no. He didn't.

    This is how Trump wins. It really is. You take a guy who is objectively a total moron, wildly irresponsible in nearly every facet of decision making, and just generally bad. Just a stupid, bad, dude. You take that guy and you tell people "you know what else, he hates black people - and if you vote for him you hate black people too."

    You know what people who don't hate black people really don't like hearing? How much they, if you reallllly think about it, *akshually* hate black people.

    And here we are.


  15. #2475
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    31,875
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    lolol no. He didn't.

    This is how Trump wins. It really is. You take a guy who is objectively a total moron, wildly irresponsible in nearly every facet of decision making, and just generally bad. Just a stupid, bad, dude. You take that guy and you tell people "you know what else, he hates black people - and if you vote for him you hate black people too."

    You know what people who don't hate black people really don't like hearing? How much they, if you reallllly think about it, *akshually* hate black people.

    And here we are.
    While I agree, I think it's sad that people would vote for someone they think is a total moron, wildly irresponsible, and bad in nearly ever facet of decision making because someone says "if you vote for him you hate black people". Like, even if people are telling you that, shouldn't the fact he is all the things you mentioned be enough not to vote for him regardless of what people call you? Like, are you voting for someone you think is objectively terrible out of spite? It's bizarre.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •