Follow us on Twitter

Page 268 of 382 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 5730
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    hey, at least I can return to freedom of sorts once the work day is over
    Not in the big house baby boy...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, I dont think it necessarily was evil. I think a lot of those people feel like they got a pretty good deal. I think just about everybody on death row would make that deal.

The founders came over a 1000 years after Muhammad, how could he have been supplying them? Was his ghost supplying them?

Yes, the muslim empire did a lot of things to slaves. What Muhammad said about slavery and how slavery was practiced in the middle east aren't always one in the same, you know.

Back to the slavery is better than death, so slavery ain't so bad (when done by Muslims) argument I see.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Back to the slavery is better than death, so slavery ain't so bad (when done by Muslims) argument I see.
    You mean back to there being a difference in how one exerts a system of slavery.

Also back to thinking of slaves as nothing more than whips and chains. Also back to forgetting that there were slaves with higher rank and status then some free men in some societies.

Back to me writing an entire post ridiculing the slave system in the Muslim world as being what paved the way for slavery in North America, but you think this is me saying slavery by muslims is ok.

Back to buzzword queen.

Back to the future.

Lotta throwbacks in this one, huh...

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

You mean back to there being a difference in how one exerts a system of slavery.

Also back to thinking of slaves as nothing more than whips and chains. Also back to forgetting that there were slaves with higher rank and status then some free men in some societies.

Back to me writing an entire post ridiculing the slave system in the Muslim world as being what paved the way for slavery in North America, but you think this is me saying slavery by muslims is ok.

Back to buzzword queen.

Back to the future.

Lotta throwbacks in this one, huh...

Back to putting words in my mouth and assigning phony arguments to me that I never made.

I'm fully aware that some slaves held fairly high positions in Muslim society, as I research subjects I don't know much about before commenting on them. Just because one form of slavery may be better than another doesn't make it something other than slavery (which is inherently abhorrent).

Yes, you haven't fully endorsed Muslim slavery but you keep making excuses for it, as well as painting it in a "well it's better than...." manner. That's why people are calling you out.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    I'm referring to slavery that is still allowed via the 13th Amendment, prisoners being punished.

I actually agree that slavery is slavery, a better kind of slavery is still slavery. So I'm wondering if your sentiments reach the prison system as well.
    There is a difference between free people in society choosing to break the laws of the land and being punished for doing so and taking people against their will and treating them as property. So no, I have no problem with prisoners being punished.

No, I dont think it necessarily was evil. I think a lot of those people feel like they got a pretty good deal. I think just about everybody on death row would make that deal.

The founders came over a 1000 years after Muhammad, how could he have been supplying them? Was his ghost supplying them?

Yes, the muslim empire did a lot of things to slaves. What Muhammad said about slavery and how slavery was practiced in the middle east aren't always one in the same, you know.

I'll ask again.. Was Muhammad wrong for taking slaves?
    The founders were buyers of what Muhammad started and put in place, The Arab slave trade. That's what I meant.
    I'm not so sure Muhammad was a great example of a good slaver. I mean you constantly talk about the Founders slavery as "race" based, but Muhammad did trade two black slaves for one Arab slave. So maybe he thought he was superior as well?

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    I'll ask again.. Was Muhammad wrong for taking slaves?
    The founders were buyers of what Muhammad started and put in place, The Arab slave trade. That's what I meant.
    I'm not so sure Muhammad was a great example of a good slaver. I mean you constantly talk about the Founders slavery as "race" based, but Muhammad did trade two black slaves for one Arab slave. So maybe he thought he was superior as well?
    If you feel he preached or practiced anything in line with racial superiority then you are welcome to believe that. Malcolm X would tell you different tho.

What Muhammad put in place is fundamentally different compared to the enslavement of africa by arabs and the founding fathers.

Fundamentally different perhaps but also fundamentally still slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    There is a difference between free people in society choosing to break the laws of the land and being punished for doing so and taking people against their will and treating them as property. So no, I have no problem with prisoners being punished.
    So there is a good form of slavery to you, gotcha
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

hmm, wait, so it's bad to require prisoners to perform work?!
    By all means, let's just let them spend their days watching reruns of Hogan's Heroes and Night Court
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

If you feel he preached or practiced anything in line with racial superiority then you are welcome to believe that. Malcolm X would tell you different tho.

What Muhammad put in place is fundamentally different compared to the enslavement of africa by arabs and the founding fathers.

The fundamental difference is Muhammad bought and SOLD slaves. He was part of the slave trade. To the founding fathers, slaves were just a better version of the slavery that was already taking place in the colonies which included different races. Black slaves were already slaves when brought to the colonies. They were a better ďproduct.Ē You act like slavery was totally about racial superiority. It wasnít. Yes, white slave owners felt superior to black slaves. But they were superior in that the people who came here on ships, were slaves. I know that sounds harsh given our 2020 morals and perspectives on people of all races is vastly different.

As I said before, you have a very simplistic racial outlook on the slavery which took place in America while making the slavery under Muhammad much more complex in order to give him a pass. As others have said, slavery is still slavery.

That religious **** really belongs in its own forum...
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    slavery is not 'religious ****'
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    In this context, itís not about the religion of Islam. Itís about a historical figure and his involvement in the slave trade.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    In this context, itís not about the religion of Islam. Itís about a historical figure and his involvement in the slave trade.
    Fair enough, but even in context it still needs its own thread.