Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Kam Chancellor Retires

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...60529724379136

Chancellor recently underwent a neck scan, which showed "no healing." Doctors informed Chancellor he risked paralysis by continuing to play. Arguably the highest-impact strong safety of his era, Chancellor's tone-setting style and underrated cover skills were critical to the dominance of the now-disintegrating Legion of Boom. Chancellor made four Pro Bowls and forced 21 turnovers as a 93-game starter. The Seahawks will turn to Bradley McDougald as their new strong safety. Longtime Chancellor bookend Earl Thomas has been the subject of rampant trade rumors, and his future with the team is unclear.

One of the hardest hitting safeties ever, we're gonna miss him.
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

Just one of those guys that every football fan should enjoy watching.

This one stings a bit not gonna lie.

Mcdougal will be a solid replacement, but still... He was the real reason for the name Legion of Boom IMO.

Chancellor and Thomas were the boom. Receivers going over the middle risked life and limb running their routes. I suspect that 30 years from now, once the NFL has become the equivalent of badminton, new-old-timers will be saying, “Those safeties of the Seahawks, back in the old days, played the position the way it’s supposed to be played.”
    Last edited by WillyBoyXXX; 07-02-2018 at 12:50 AM.

Chancellor usually stayed in the box, even on third downs (because they played mostly Cover-3). But there's nothing wrong with specializing if you're the best at it. He will be missed by the organization and fans all over.

Mcdougal will be a solid replacement...
    I thought it was going to be Maurice Alexander.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    Chancellor usually stayed in the box, even on third downs (because they played mostly Cover-3). But there's nothing wrong with specializing if you're the best at it. He will be missed by the organization and fans all over.

I thought it was going to be Maurice Alexander.
    I'm sure things could change after training camp is through but Mcdougal did a good job replacing him last year, and I would expect him to be the favorite to end up with the job.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 07-02-2018 at 05:20 PM.

Sad to see Kam go i mean yeah he did hold out some of last season but at least he didn't run over to an opposing team asking to be traded to them.

Sad...one of the great safties who didn't just play the position but did team defense and that's something many players try to emulate but not everyone has that talent.