Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pistons sign Glenn Robinson III

Glenn Robinson III will sign a two-year, $8.3 million deal with the Pistons, according to Shams Charania of Yahoo! Sports.

It'll be a team option on the second year. The former dunk champ had a rough season due to an ankle issue keeping him out until after the All-Star break. Robinson III did show some promise at times during the 2016-17 season, and maybe he can get a chance for minutes if the Pistons can't come to terms with James Ennis.
    via rotoworld

Good pickup on a bargain deal. Clearly not a SVG contract
    Using Tapatalk

Looks like a decent pickup. Would appear Ennis might not be coming back. Assume this is ~ 50% of the 8.5M MLE we have. Interesting to see what else might be out there.

Have to assume Buycks will not be back. His 1.6M guarantees on 1-Sep (IIDC).

On a side note, interested to see KCP. Signed 18M last season. 12M today. IIRC, SVG was willing to offer 72M for 4 years. He's gotten 30 in two. Next season cap goes up and a number of teams have more money, will be interesting to see how he comes out.

Wondering if 4M will be enough to bring back Toliver. I could see him signing with Lakers or another team.

I love seeing GR3 back!

and when you couple the cheap signing with the belief the organization has that D Casey will develop young talent, love it.

He's the next Zach Levine

Don't have much wiggle room.

ESPN says right now we're 1.7 under the tax line - which includes holds for Buycks, Bullock and Moreland.

I see Buycks being released - IIRC - his salary becomes guaranteed on 1-Sep. Moreland might stick and we'll obviously keep Bullock. Figure the two 2nd round guys sign for ~500K a piece with Buycks gone, that would give us 2.3M under the cap - with Moreland on the roster. Take away Moreland and that's 1.8M more, so ~ 4.1 remaining. Would Toliver sign for that?

I like it...He basically takes Ennis' role from last season. Definitely fits our 3&D model, but with his length and athleticism I wouldn't be surprised if he played PF in some smallball situations.

Seems like our roster is what it is at this point. Would be nice to cut ties with Galloway and bring in another frontcourt player.

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    I like it...He basically takes Ennis' role from last season. Definitely fits our 3&D model, but with his length and athleticism I wouldn't be surprised if he played PF in some smallball situations.

Seems like our roster is what it is at this point. Would be nice to cut ties with Galloway and bring in another frontcourt player.
    Id be happy if we get rid of Galloway or Leuer and resign AT
    Using Tapatalk

Good guy to have on the team.

Vet minimum for Jose Calderon.

OK. Some insurance if Reggie goes down. Cheap ver minimum. Career 41% from 3. Fully expect mentor role with the two new 2nd round guys. Bye Bye Byucks.

Toliver won't be back.