Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jonn Tavares to Maple Leafs on 7 year, $77 million deal

woohoo hockey. it's a friggin ghost town in here

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Not gonna lie... this hurts and it's gonna sting for a while. This guy was the face of our franchise.

With that said, I get why he chose to sign with his home town team. They are young, talented, and on the rise. Tavares is a good guy and a great leader. I can't say I wish him the best because he's on a competitor now, but I don't have any malicious feelings toward him. So I won't say good luck in Toronto, but I will say thanks for the memories.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Be real interesting to see how they fit everyone under the cap after next year with Matthews and Marner needing new deals, plus the huge holes they have on their backend. I'd imagine Nylander would be available for a dman now.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Not gonna lie... this hurts and it's gonna sting for a while. This guy was the face of our franchise.

With that said, I get why he chose to sign with his home town team. They are young, talented, and on the rise. Tavares is a good guy and a great leader. I can't say I wish him the best because he's on a competitor now, but I don't have any malicious feelings toward him. So I won't say good luck in Toronto, but I will say thanks for the memories.
    Burn his jersey.

Itís the Leafs. We all know something bad will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Burn his jersey.
    I don't have a jersey. I do have a T shirt though.

But I don't think I hate JT enough to go through the effort of burning it lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Itís the Leafs. We all know something bad will happen.
    Two Canadian NHL hockey teams now have a legit chance at the cup for the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Two Canadian NHL hockey teams now have a legit chance at the cup for the next few years.
    Yeah, call me when they actually do something. They sacrificed a lot in order to get JT, their D is still pretty much garbage and the team as a whole is softer than baby ****.

Yeah, call me when they actually do something. They sacrificed a lot in order to get JT, their D is still pretty much garbage and the team as a whole is softer than baby ****.
    That's the beauty of it, they didn't have to sacrifice anything, other than cap space.

Islanders Goals Against: 293 (31th)
    Maple Leafs Goals Against: 230 (12th)

It's much easier to acquire tougher linemates than skilled ones.

They lost one of their top 2 way players in Bozak, their only big net presence with skill on the pp in JVR (bigger loss than people think imo) and the only balls they had (Polak, Komorov, Martin if you wanna count him).

Theyíll still score a lot of goals but I just see them being a really good regular season team.
    Last edited by One Nut Kruk; 07-09-2018 at 10:48 PM.

Tavarez will fill in for Bozak just fine hahaha. No loss there. JVR was a blow but they have great wing depth. Keep in mind they could have fit his new salary into the cap but they have bigger plans for that money.

Polak komorov and Martin are all names that leafs fans were begging to be moved all season. They look like grit on paper but in reality they are wasted roster spots for better players. None of those guys were successful in a shut down role last season. It's easy to pick up grit in the season if they need it. Hell, tell an AHL guy that the only way he's making the team is if he brings the grit and physicality and they'll do whatever is asked of them. Look at some of the Penguins grit over the years - all just guys trying to make the roster any way they can. I can't remember the last komorov or Martin they've had that wasn't a minimum salary.

True enough but they still have a lot of holes to fill if they want to be Stanley Cup contenders. If Morgan Reilly were to get hurt, they are really screwed. Their D sucks.

True enough but they still have a lot of holes to fill if they want to be Stanley Cup contenders. If Morgan Reilly were to get hurt, they are really screwed. Their D sucks.
    Only two teams in the NHL had a pair of defenseman with more than 50 points this season (Toronto,Nashville). Reilly just turned 24 and Gardiner just turned 28.
    Also Dermott, only 21, had an impressive rookie season.

Points arenít everything. Jake Gardiner sucks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast